FS - Silver 2003 Whipple Terminator

computer_nerd

Established Member
I bought this car from Joe (House of Power) in February of this year. I'm selling because I have a chance to get into a GT500. The only things I've done to it is bought brand new17x10.5 AFS reps for the back with brand new 315s Toyo R888s. Wheels/Tires alone cost me about 1100 bucks. They maybe have 200 miles on it. I've also added hood struts and had the car Dyno Tuned at Horsepower Solutions in Hampton, Virginia. Car made right at 575hp/560tq on 93 Octane and 19lbs of boost. Car is current on Virginia state inspection.

Car is 100% garage kept. Never driven in the rain since i've had it. Only thing that needs to be done is fix the rear diff leak (slight leak, more annoying than anything).

Here's the orignal ad from where I bought the car:

http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...ing-silver-whippled-03-cobra-great-price.html

Here's a few more pics I've taken of it.

2012-03-27_14-54-55_960.jpg

2012-03-14_09-04-47_18.jpg

2012-03-14_08-58-12_328.jpg

2012-02-28_17-25-57_73.jpg

2012-02-28_17-25-37_309.jpg

2012-02-28_17-25-18_819.jpg

Here's a video of the car on the Dyno:

Whippled 03 Terminator dyno run @19lbs boost - YouTube

I am asking 22k for the car. Mileage is 35,2xx and will probably not go any higher. I can be reached by PM or texts at 757-354-3251 during the day. I'd also be willing to drive the car within reason to meet a buyer. thanks!

Last edited:

Muerte

Established Member
very nice car!

Do you mind some questions? I'm set on buying a Cobra once I find the right one (no rush, but cash in hand) and yours looks pretty good!

1) Might seem like a dumb question, but I'm serious: What's the average gas mileage? I know these cars can go anywhere from 5mpg to 25mpg basically, so I just want to roughly know what I'm getting myself into. And no, I'm not buying the car because it is economical :)
2) Any other known problems besides the rear diff leak? How bad is it and by when do you think it needs to be fixed?
3) Could the car be driven 1000+ miles (I'm in Florida)?
4) What does "Water/meth kit (not wired but installed)" from the original add mean? The car once had NOS running?
5) Since when is the whipple installed? How loud is it (I know some, like the 2.8, are fairly quiet and some just have a real high pitch scream)?
6) How many runs does it have at the track? What's your best time?
7) Do you have any exhaust videos or would be willing to take some?

Last edited:

computer_nerd

Established Member
very nice car!

Do you mind some questions? I'm set on buying a Cobra once I find the right one (no rush, but cash in hand) and yours looks pretty good!

1) Might seem like a dumb question, but I'm serious: What's the average gas mileage? I know these cars can go anywhere from 5mpg to 25mpg basically, so I just want to roughly know what I'm getting myself into. And no, I'm not buying the car because it is economical :)
2) Any other known problems besides the rear diff leak? How bad is it and by when do you think it needs to be fixed?
3) Could the car be driven 1000+ miles (I'm in Florida)?
4) What does "Water/meth kit (not wired but installed)" from the original add mean? The car once had NOS running?
5) Since when is the whipple installed? How loud is it (I know some, like the 2.8, are fairly quiet and some just have a real high pitch scream)?
6) How many runs does it have at the track? What's your best time?
7) Do you have any exhaust videos or would be willing to take some?

1) i'd say around 15. i dont drive it that often to have a good number. it doesnt get great gas mileage thats for sure..especially when youre in the fun pedal
2) the leak is mostly annoying. its not super bad, no, but it needs to be fixed. i just havent had the time to do it.
3) yes, easily.
4) no NOS, the car has the controller wired/mounted but it needs the tank and the fittings to the intake to finish the install
5) it only screams when you romp on the gas. at idle there isnt a noticable sound from the blower. i think mostly because of the 8# lower
6) never taken it to the track. i'd say at least mid 11s though. easy...
7) i posted the dyno vid..i could take another vid of the car at idle and takeoff if you want.

HTH-
Andy

Muerte

Established Member
4) no NOS, the car has the controller wired/mounted but it needs the tank and the fittings to the intake to finish the install
7) i posted the dyno vid..i could take another vid of the car at idle and takeoff if you want.

HTH-
Andy

Thank you! An exhaust video would be greatly appreciated, as any sound of the exhaust is muffled by the screaming engine and KB in the dyno video ;)

And your answer to my NOS/meth questions means the car (engine) never had anything like that running, there is just part of the setup already installed?

Which airport would I have to come in to be closest to where you live? I want to check for flight prices.

Users who are viewing this thread