FS: Rear Seat Delete 03/04' Coupe

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
Well, my rear seat delete project has now come full circle and is finished except for one kit left. I tried several different boards, fabrics, hinge mechanisms and designs and finally came up with one that was what i was looking for.

Weight is 7.8 lbs, (which is 3.2 lbs lighter than my first try....), board is 1/4' birch plywood, fabric is dark charcoal felt, hinge mechanism is a stapled black naugahyde leather strip. The back of the upper section is also covered with felt since it's seen from the trunk. Takes 10 seconds to install/remove and does not need to be bolted down. Below are some pics.

If anyone is looking for one, I'm selling the last one for $80. Four kits have been sold to MACA members in the last two weeks. I wasn't planning on making any more, but if there's interest, I'll be glad to make some more.

IronTerp

Looks good Dwight. If nobody has claimed it I will take it. I have been looking into this for a while now.
It's yours Doug. Weight savings is 34.4 lbs. (3 piece OEM rear seat = 42.2 lbs, RSD = 7.8 lbs).

Daniel, I can look into it. Getting a box for it could be a problem.....

You know Kent, I actually thought about the logo......but wouldn't even know where to start on that one. :shrug:

wheelhopper

Established Member
Cool. How about I ride up next weekend and get it. I can get my battery from Greg at the same time. If you send me some contact info and tell me what day is better for you, either Sat. or Sun. it'll be a plan. Let me know what time as well, it makes no difference to me.

IronTerp

Doug, I'll be in North Carolina Friday and Saturday....How about Sunday Afternoon? And Greg lives right down the strret from me.

And Anthony, Greg Cassidy and I are going to make one for his vert sometime this winter. We can possibly hok you up as well, but I'm not sure on the vert dimensions.

SVTORANGE

Established Member
Sounds good. I would love to have a huge orange snake sown in there as well:rockon::rockon:

CobraCleric

Youngblood
Established Member
Dwight if you ever get into making some more, please let me know!
Maybe I'll get with you guys over the winter when Mr. Cassidy makes his.
You guys might want to ask Darryl about the cobra logos, he's got the floor matts, trunk matt and trunk lid with some sweet covers, i'll bet you could sew something like that on.

IronTerp

Austin and Jeff, if you want one, I'll go ahead and make them up for you. Just need to do some shopping for materials........

BIGBAIR

Established Member
dwight is that a baseball express trash can in the back ground?

LOL,, your boys play?

How bout the Bo SOX!

IronTerp

dwight is that a baseball express trash can in the back ground?

LOL,, your boys play?

How bout the Bo SOX!
Yup, sure is Andy!!!! Boys don't play.......too busy with football, but we're die hard Sox fans!!! My kids drive up to Fenway twice a year to see a game.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread