FS: Prototype Fortune Auto 500 Series Coilovers for 2011+ Mustangs - ONLY SET MADE!

turka

not ᶠᶸᶜᵏᴵᴺᴳ bagged
Established Member
SOLD!!!!

JKdVGMC.jpg

This was a prototype set of coilovers built for me by Fortune Auto in Virginia. As some of you may know, they are fairly known brand in the import community as they make a wide range of coilovers for Nissan's, Subaru's, Toyota's, etc.
They planned on distributing them through another company that is very respectable in the Mustang world but their business deal fell through, leading to me having the only set ever made. The coilovers are still rebuildable and serviceable by them in the U.S. - even though this is the only set.

This is a true coilover meaning that the shock and spring are all in one unit. Even the rear units are all one unit, whereas most other companies (BC Racing, for example) have the shock and spring separate for the rear of their Mustang applications.
The spring rates are 9k Front and 7k Rear. The ride is slightly stiffer than an OEM Brembo package setup but with MUCH more response felt through the steering wheel and of course, much better handling.
This makes a huge improvement in how the car feels. Nose dive on braking and the front raising on take off is drastically reduced and almost non-existent. They make it a joy to simply change lanes because the steering response is much sharper, making it a mod that you truly can enjoy every time you drive the car.
I have put about 10,000 miles on these over 1.5 years and simply wanted to run a different setup.

All of the coilovers were shock dyno tested after assembly to ensure proper function and are 30-way dampening adjustable via click wheel on top of the shocks. They are also height adjustable and are capable of lowering the car 3 inches lower than stock at their lowest setting. At their highest, it is still about 1.5 inches lower than stock.

They will come with the spanner wrenches as well as new front top-hats since I accidentally broke one of the studs off by over-torqueing one of the bolts. Because of this, I had both sides replaced and had them rebuilt while I was at it. So these, as they currently sit, are essentially newly rebuilt coilovers. They also come with custom made front end-links by a local shop called Sikky in MD since every other adjustable endlink I tried seemed to be too long.
It's actually 2 of their Lexus IS-F end-links welded together to make a bigger unit that is adjustable from both ends.

Now for the pics:

Front 1
bo8lbW1.jpg

Front 2
PruCJoW.jpg

Rear 1
xqdtjH2.jpg

Rear 2
jWyEKcz.jpg

JKdVGMC.jpg

And here is how they look once installed:
DSC07513-2_zpsee2e322b.jpg

177458_10151085996790944_607314217_o.jpg

DSC02366_zpsdf17fd97.jpg

DSC01378-Edit_zpse6269e37.jpg

Those who choose to run these coilovers could also optionally run their new Cup-Kit on them as well. This addition would allow you to raise the car 1-2 inches to get over big bumps in those sticky situations.

All in all, these are great quality coilovers with a smooth ride and a mean stance that NO ONE else will have (because these are the only ones that exist!), yet you can have them serviced and rebuilt (even to different specs if you like) all in the USA.

Price: SOLD!!

Last edited:

Nick_50

Established Member
Free bump and GLWS. These should go quick and these are definitely quality parts.
However. Enough about the coils. What lip is on your front bumper and where can I get one.

turka

not ᶠᶸᶜᵏᴵᴺᴳ bagged
Established Member
Free bump and GLWS. These should go quick and these are definitely quality parts.
However. Enough about the coils. What lip is on your front bumper and where can I get one.

Thank you sir. It's actually an RTR splitter that I trimmed down and mounted and then added some garage door weather seal on the bottom

I wish someone would just make a GT/CS/Boss facia lip already lol

kona12

Established Member
Sounds good just curious let's say one needs a rebuilt. Who will I take it to that will actually rebuilt it

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread