FS: Pair of 28x11.5x15 Mickey Thompson ET Drags

heytonyman

build-break-repeat
Established Member
For Sale: Pair of 28x11.5x15 Mickey Thompson ET Drags. They have been treated in VHT and have just one pass on them. No screws in the beads and zero street miles. Paid 507 for these brand new from Speed Unlimited. I'd like to get 400 for them but make me an offer and we can work a deal. Thanks guys!

Tony P.

Last edited:

heytonyman

build-break-repeat
Established Member
Believe it or not I still have these. Spring is right around the corner and the track is open! They've been kept indoors and off the floor. I'd be willing to meet up to move em.

heytonyman

build-break-repeat
Established Member
Yeah it broke, story of my life lol. She cut a 1.49 60' then the trans snapped top of 2nd. Felt like the shifter was going out the floor lol. The 3rd T56 I broke in the car :(

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
Are these stiff wall Tony? If so, these are the "slicks of choice" for many of the heavy car/high torque production crew. GREAT deal! Wish I didn't already have them!!

heytonyman

build-break-repeat
Established Member
Hey Dwight! Long time no see buddy, Hope you've been well down in TN. These are not the stiff sidewall version. Even tho I got the car down to under 3400lbs, I went with the wrinkle wall in an attempt to ease the shock on the drivetrain. Obviously that still didn't save it lol. I ended up keeping the car after all. I sold the KB setup to fund a T56 Magnum and freshen up the motor. I picked up Bryan's Vortech T-Trim and front mount setup in an attempt to turn down the power and make the car a bit more streetable again. That KB setup at 26psi made the throttle literally an ON/OFF switch and really killed the fun to drive factor for anything but whacking it in a straight line. It's back in PA now. Poppa Dukes and myself spin wrenches on it when I find time to make it up there and help.

kingCOBRAsvt_99

STOCK..looking
Established Member
Tony Dwight is now up in your home state of PA!

And I'll vouch to anyone thinking about buying these that they really do only have one pass on them.

Last edited:

04yellowcobra

Established Member
Hey Dwight! Long time no see buddy, Hope you've been well down in TN. These are not the stiff sidewall version. Even tho I got the car down to under 3400lbs, I went with the wrinkle wall in an attempt to ease the shock on the drivetrain. Obviously that still didn't save it lol. I ended up keeping the car after all. I sold the KB setup to fund a T56 Magnum and freshen up the motor. I picked up Bryan's Vortech T-Trim and front mount setup in an attempt to turn down the power and make the car a bit more streetable again. That KB setup at 26psi made the throttle literally an ON/OFF switch and really killed the fun to drive factor for anything but whacking it in a straight line. It's back in PA now. Poppa Dukes and myself spin wrenches on it when I find time to make it up there and help.

If I have learned anything from my 100s upon 100s of passes down the 1320. Tires are not the only suspect when looking at drivetrain breakage. The clutch is more to blame!

heytonyman

build-break-repeat
Established Member
I'll agree with that 100%. Seems most of the stick cars are using a slipper-style clutch to get them off the line in one piece. I was burning through at least two Spec Stage 3's and usually a flywheel every year. Last time out with that clutch I tried to slip out on MT Radials and welded the clutch to the flywheel. Thankfully Allen was kind enough to drag it home for me. Ended up going with the Spec twin-disk which is more like an on-off switch. That's when other things started to let go. Always a weak link in the chain somewhere...

Users who are viewing this thread