FS or trade RTR mufflers

'14 Shelby

Established Member
FS - RTR mufflers ****SOLD

These are now for sale. Originally a feeler thread but I've purchased black ceramic coated GT500 quad tips

These sound great at idle and aren't loud at all. BUT I really dont like the sound when I'm above 2500 RPM with these, too loud! And i'm not impressed with the tone/pitch. Too much for me. I want something deeper/throatier

I do love the black 4" RTR tips. They look great!

Any interest in these? I paid $650 and they have about 1000 miles on them.

ATM - They are still on the car. They come off in about two weeks

Last edited:

USNjocson

CORPSMAN UP!
Established Member
Would you be interested in Borla S-types? Only put about 200 miles on since owning them and the previous owner had them on for ~1k miles. They sound deep at idle and tame at cruising speeds. The best way to explain it is they are an exaggerated GT500 ab but 13lbs lighter, each. No drone like the GT500 ab as well.

Do you have any specs on the RTR ab as far as weight, material, pics or sound clips?

9542805216_7948f1c81a_c.jpg

[youtube_browser]3llLIDyON2I[/youtube_browser]

Last edited:

apex32

5.slow
Established Member
^OP. I strongly suggest working out a deal with that guy. S-type's are the way to go. I just put some on my car after going through 5 exhausts and am finally happy.

USNjocson

CORPSMAN UP!
Established Member
Edit*
Borla S-type is 13lbs lighter than GT500 ab, GT500 ab is 3lbs lighter than stock Boss/GT ab.

Interested because from what I've heard RTR's are similar to magnaflows which are quieter than most ab. The black tips are sick too :)

'14 Shelby

Established Member
Would you be interested in Borla S-types? Only put about 200 miles on since owning them and the previous owner had them on for ~1k miles. They sound deep at idle and tame at cruising speeds. The best way to explain it is they are an exaggerated GT500 ab but 13lbs lighter, each. No drone like the GT500 ab as well.

Do you have any specs on the RTR ab as far as weight, material, pics or sound clips?

[youtube_browser]3llLIDyON2I[/youtube_browser]

I might be interested...when I get a chance today I'll listen to the sound byte you sent here...As far as the RTR's...I don't know the specs. I know they are black and I believe they are coated but not sure. The black tips look great.
Pics/Vids...no idea how to post them. I can send to you in a day or two via PM if you'd like?

'14 Shelby

Established Member
Edit*
Borla S-type is 13lbs lighter than GT500 ab, GT500 ab is 3lbs lighter than stock Boss/GT ab.

Interested because from what I've heard RTR's are similar to magnaflows which are quieter than most ab. The black tips are sick too :)

They are made by Magnaflow. Like I said they are plenty quiet at idle and under normal driving conditions. Its when I get above 3000 or so that I dont like the tone.

Users who are viewing this thread