FS: Modified 1990 300ZX 2+2 TT (In IL)

BigDaveDogg

Keepin' it real.
Established Member
Posting for a good buddy of mine, questions can be asked here or directly to his e-mail.

I am entertaining offers on my 3 year ongoing project car. When first purchasing this car I had hopes of having a devilishly fast car with great streetability and great looks all while staying reliable.
Motor:
I have cut no corners in upgraded this car with performance in mind. I had the Twin Turbo engine rebuilt with Eagle H-Beam rods and JE Forged Pistons, and I have all paper -work to prove and show when and what was done to the
motor. The heads were rebuilt back to stock specifications with OEM parts. all OEM gaskets and hoses were used on reassembly.

Exterior Mods:
-Kazera KZ-A 18" wheels (8.5" and 9.5" wide front and back respectively)
-J-spec 99' Front Fascia
-90-93 style TT spoiler (not KurumaZ)
-tinted rear windows
-Custom 3000GT VR4 Big Brake Kit w/ Cross drilled/slotted rotors
-S.S. Brake lines
-Fake J-spec Taillights
-J-spec shifter boot and e brake boot

Performance Mods:
-Howe Radiator
-Stillen cat-back exhaust
-2.5" testpipes
-2.5" split flange downpipes
-JWT pop-charger
-ASP underdrive pulley
-JE pistons
-Eagle Rods
-All EGR, PRVR, etc has been deleted
-Z1 oil cooler kit
-triple gauge pod (not hooked up yet but includes water temp, oil temp, boost gauge)
-Greddy Profec B spec II EBC
-Greddy Auto Turbo Timer
-TT fuel pump
-Z1 ECU programmed for mods

Now that all of that is out of the way the car has a few issues which brings me to my reason for selling. I am getting ready to move on in life and possibly purchase a home and right now the Z is no where in the works for my plan over the next few years. Eventually I will buy another Z and build it from scratch much like this one but that time is not here.

The car smokes in between shifts and this is caused from the turbos. They will need to be replaced though they are not seized and still boost. The car also runs rough at certain RPMs and strong in others. My assumption after talking to a few people is that it may need a fuel injector o-ring replaced or it just needs custom tuned. The motor has less than 1000 miles on since receiving it from the machine ship after the build. So the car has not even been fully broken in yet.

I am entertaining offers right now but If i receive no interest I plan to go ahead and replace the turbos and get it fixed and then sell it for more. So I am giving someone a chance to put the final touches on this project.

The body is in great shape and was just repainted about 2 years ago. Shortly after, I hit black ice in a failed attempt to get it home after hitting an "out of the blue" winter storm. The car has no structural damage but the lower rocker panel has a large indentation in it. It definitely needs fixed and once the car is running right my plan was to fix it by having it pulled out and I was planning to install Kaminari side skirts anyways. You can do the same for a rather small cost in comparison to buying after I have done the work.

Like I have said, I am posting this to let anybody who wants a low cost/high reward project that is on the final steps of being completed before I put the money and effort into fixing it and selling at a higher price.

Email me if you have any questions or want pictures.
[email protected] OR [email protected]

The car is located about 50 miles south of Chicago and I am willing to travel to nearby states. The car does drive and run smooth as long as certain loads are avoided.
Old pic:
jasonsz.jpg

:beer:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread