FS: Married SCT SF3 Tuner

snakevenom99

Shenanigans
Established Member
I know there won't be much demand for this but I will put it up anyway. I bought this as kind of a gamble I made when I bought my headlights and got the seller to throw this in. He wasn't sure if it was still married, but it is. It is 150 to send it in to SCT to get it unlocked. I don't plan on tuning my car anytime soon so I'm selling it.
60$ Shipped. I'll post pics tonight.

KIXASS

MEDICATED
Established Member
How many unlocks does it have left or does that not matter since SCT has to reset it anyway? I'll give you $40 shipped for it since I have to pay to ship it to SCT and then pay $150 to have it setup. From one lava red owner to another how about it?

snakevenom99

Shenanigans
Established Member
20120808_192726.jpg

Doc Hawk

SDRev.com
Established Member
Unfortunately, SCT has stopped their reset service due to too many people installing a tune, selling it married, and then missing out on the sale of another unit by offering a discounted reset. Reset service is now only for the original buyer with receipt/invoice.

S197OnSpray

Established Member
Unfortunately, SCT has stopped their reset service due to too many people installing a tune, selling it married, and then missing out on the sale of another unit by offering a discounted reset. Reset service is now only for the original buyer with receipt/invoice.

That is completely false, I just sent mine in and got it back after I sold my last car with 4.10 gears in it. paid $150 to unlock the tuner, cheaper than $350 to put stock 3.31's back in the car. The service is not only for married tuners but people who use the 5 unlocks up as well.

Per SCT website..

IF THE ORIGINAL VEHICLE IS NOT PRESET, READ THE FOLLOWING INSTRUCTIONS

To get the unit unlocked you will need to contact our Tech Support staff over the phone and they will instruct you on what you will need and the information we will need so you can send your device in to us for unlock. The cost to unlock the unit is $150.00

Link..

How do I unlock my tuner? - SCT SupportSuite

Doc Hawk

SDRev.com
Established Member
Wish I had the link to give you for reference. SCT has offered reset service forever, an many people have used it. However, I just read a thread last night (I am shopping for an sct right now) and someone had bought a used married device. Thy tried setting up an RMA and they said they were asked for the original receipt etc. Not my story and I'm on my iPhone right now so I can't do much searching for the thread.

I hope it's not true, as well. This would be a change in policy so best thing to do is for the seller to call sct and ask. Note that your situations are not the same - you were the original owner of the unit you sent in, which is the whole point of the alleged policy change as mentioned in my initial post. I'll look for that link when I'm back at my computer.

Last edited:

snakevenom99

Shenanigans
Established Member
I will call them on Monday but when I talked to them a few weeks ago that wasn't the case.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Doc Hawk

SDRev.com
Established Member
Found out they still do the reset service. There WAS a guy who was denied reset service - he was apparently doing resale of SCTs and used them over and over on multiple units. I guess they cut him off.

GLWS

snakevenom99

Shenanigans
Established Member
Found out they still do the reset service. There WAS a guy who was denied reset service - he was apparently doing resale of SCTs and used them over and over on multiple units. I guess they cut him off.

GLWS

I was just about to post the same. Thanks for coming back to clear that up.:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread