FS: Low 10s 2003 ProCharged Mach 1

cmylxgo

Established Member
Put my Mach back up on eBay today. Please pass this link onto anyone that may be interested.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=004&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&viewitem=&item=140241871634&rd=1

mach%201.jpg

2003 Mustang Mach 1 Torch Red Automatic. This car has been featured in Feb 2005 Muscle Mustangs & Fast Fords, April 2007 Modified Mustangs, and May 2008 5.0 Mustang Magazine. The car took 3rd place in the 2007 5.0 Mustang KOTS (King of the Street) Competition and recently was the Runner Up in the NMRA True Street Competion. The car has a Livernois Motorsports 5.0L Stroker with their Stage 3 CNC ported heads. A ProCharger F1-C SuperCharger pushes 25+lbs of boost into the motor generating over 800 hp . The transmission is a Strip Terminator form Lentech and sports a fully automatic valve body with a transbrake and a 4000rpm stall Lock-Up Converter. The car has just over 30,000 miles on the odometer. I am selling this car with approxiamtly 500 miles on the motor and transmission. The car has already gone 10.12 @138mph on 17" Nitto Drag Radials and I totally expect this car to run in the 9 second range with a good set of tires. The transmission can support more than 1000hp and 800 ft/lb tq. There are several billet upgrades to the interior and engine compartment along with some autometer gauges. I have also wired in a 3 bar MAP sensor into the X-Calibrator 2 for data logging purposes. I am the original owner and have taken the car to the track on a couple of occasions over its life span. This car has never seen snow and has been garage kept most of its life. I have just over $59,000 invested in the car. See the extended list of mods and pictures below to get a better idea of what is done to this car. This is a very easy and fun car to drive and the 5.0 Magazine editors agree. Quoting 5.0 Magazine "With this Mach, you could throw anyone the keys, and they would be able to drive the car - and fast." Running 25lbs of boost requires the use of race gas. Also, click on the thumbnails of the Magazine Articles to read what the editors had to say about this one of a kind car. If you have any further questions please feel free to contact me via email at [email protected]

* Livernois Motorsports Forged 5.0L Stroker Short block
* Cylinder Heads Ported by Livernois Motorsports (CNC Stage 3)
* Livernois Motorsports High Lift Valve Springs
* Livernois Motorsports +1mm Stainless Valves
* Ford GT (Super Car) High Lift Cams
* ProCharger Polished F1-C Super Charger
* ProCharger Sheet Metal Intercooler
* Vortech Mondo Race By-Pass Valve
* Anderson Ford Motorsports Power Pipe
* Lentech Strip Terminator 4R75W Automatic Trans w/Trans Brake
* P.I. 4000rpm Stall Lockup Converter
* 4.10 Ring & Pinion
* 31 Spline Moser Axels
* X2C Upper and Lower Control Arms
* Steeda Subframe Connectors
* Drive Shaft Safty Loop
* 60lb Injectors
* Dual GT (Super Car) Fuel Pumps
* CPR Fuel Rails
* -8 AN Braided Fuel Line
* Modified Fuel Pump with -8 AN Fitting
* 17x5 Modified Stock Mach 1 Front
* 17x10.5 Modified Mach 1 Rear
* M&H 185/55/17 Radial Front
* M&H 325/45/17 Drag Radials Rear
* FRP Lowering Springs
* Kooks 1 3/4" Long Tube Stainless Headers
* Kooks Stainless 3" X-Pipe
* Custom 3" Stainless over the axle Exhaust with QTP Electric Cut-Outs
* 3" Dynomax Ultra Flow Welded Mufflers
* Dynomax Ultra Flow Welded Mufflers
* Kenne-Bell Boost-A-Pump
* Innovators West SFI 7.425" 8-Rib Crank Pulley
* Pro-M ATI Blow-Thru MAF
* Diablo Sport MAF.ia
* SCT X-Calibrator 2
* 8-Rib Conversion
* LFP Aluminum Race Radiator
* PA Racing Tubular K-Member
* 3.70" Blower Pulley
* 4.00" Blower Pulley
* 4.25" Blower Pulley (Installed)
* 4.50" Blower Pulley

NEW PRICE: $27,500

Update: Added 3" custom Stainless Exhaust and took the car to the track and it has gone 145.54 mph in 1/4 Mile on 17" Radials. Below is a link to the passes.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTB_SMFDwyY"]YouTube - No ET Nationls - Milan Dragway Sept 20th 2008[/ame]

Mach1.F1A.Lockup.683rwhp.800x600.jpg

Thanks
-Corey

Last edited:

JAYMONEY

Established Member
WOW!! Beautiful car bro. I wish I wouldn't be so far in debt right now or I would buy this beast. Good luck with the sale!!

cmylxgo

Established Member
You should have waited for my auction to end first ;)

:p that's why I posted mine for less than yours...Anyways, I didn't know you had posted yours. Mine is up for 3 weeks just to make sure it sells. Good luck on your sale. After racing mine for the last 2 weekends I really do not want to sell it...but I really need to move and need the cash :(

-Corey

Jfoster

Established Member
lol - I figured! It doesn't really matter because while both cars are built-to-the-hilt, they are very different.

Goo luck on the sale - what's next?

cmylxgo

Established Member
Has it ran any better times since last time?

Technically no. However, I put a 28" tall tire on it instead of the 26" I used to run the 10.12 @ 138mph and added 3-4lbs of boost. Doing so, the car has run the same 60ft, 1/8 et, and 1/8 mph but did not have enough gear to run it out the back door. The 28" tire had me going through the traps at 6200rpm instead of 7200rpm. The 10.12 was also in perfect conditions and the latest pass was 10.33 @ 133 in 98 degree heat. The car either needs a 4.10 or I need to go back to a 26" tire. I think that going to a 4.10 would be the better route as you will have more success getting this car too hook up on the larger 28" tire in this 3800lb car. Also the 4.10 vs the 3.90 will just make this thing even faster on the street. With either a gear change or tire swap this car is a solid 9s street car even on the hottest days of the year.

-Corey

Red99SVT

Established Member
Cool. I had talked to you a while back when you had it on ebay the first time. I guess you have it tuned on race gas now with the added boost?

cmylxgo

Established Member
Cool. I had talked to you a while back when you had it on ebay the first time. I guess you have it tuned on race gas now with the added boost?

Yah...it makes almost 28psi now. I can still set it up for pump gas but with the added boost I'm not sure how it will behave. With the larger blower pulley I had the car shifting at 5800rpm with a rev limiter of 6000rpm. At 5800rpm the car saw 15-16psi. Thats on the high side for pump IMO. Now I see 18psi at 5800rpm and thats too much for pump for me. I could lower the shift points to like 5400-5800rpm, but like I said I'm not sure what the car would feel like being that held back. The amount of miles I put on the car and the cost of 94 octane at $4.40 a gal its silly not to put 110 in it for an extra $1.60 a gal. For an extra $20 a tank I have peace of mind and ALL the power on tap :)

BTW...even on race gas the car only has 17 degrees of total timing.

-Corey

firstsvt

workin those 28's
Established Member
What pullies make 28 PSI @ what RPM? Also is this the F1A or F1C? The description says F1C and your sig says F1A.....

Free bump:beer:

cmylxgo

Established Member
What pullies make 28 PSI @ what RPM? Also is this the F1A or F1C? The description says F1C and your sig says F1A.....

Free bump:beer:

Sig is updated :) 7.425 crank with 4.20 blower @ 7300rpm = 28psi.

-Corey

firstsvt

workin those 28's
Established Member
Sig is updated :) 7.425 crank with 4.20 blower @ 7300rpm = 28psi.

-Corey

Thanks for the info. Absolutely awesome car by the way. If I was in the market for a kick-ass street/strip car, I would buy yours 100%. Perfect balance of street and strip IMO, and a great deal at your price!!

I see in one pic that your F1C has the 5.73 step-up, so with the 7.425 crank and 4.20 blower and 7300RPM puts you at 73,947 blower RPM if my calcs are correct. Just under the 74K MAX RPM for the F1C right? So would you say the blower is done (maxed) at 28 PSI with the stroker motor, cams headwork, etc??

I'll stop whoring up the thread, there just isnt much info out there on the mod motor cars with the larger Prochargers..Thanks if you can provide any info:beer:

Free bumpage I guess:thumbsup:

Last edited:

cmylxgo

Established Member
Thanks for the info. Absolutely awesome car by the way. If I was in the market for a kick-ass street/strip car, I would buy yours 100%. Perfect balance of street and strip IMO, and a great deal at your price!!

I see in one pic that your F1C has the 5.73 step-up, so with the 7.425 crank and 4.20 blower and 7300RPM puts you at 73,947 blower RPM if my calcs are correct. Just under the 74K MAX RPM for the F1C right? So would you say the blower is done (maxed) at 28 PSI with the stroker motor, cams headwork, etc??

I'll stop whoring up the thread, there just isnt much info out there on the mod motor cars with the larger Prochargers..Thanks if you can provide any info:beer:

Free bumpage I guess:thumbsup:

Technically yes...the blower is maxed out. However, alot of racers have over spun this blowers to make more power. But I think where I am at is plenty...drive the car to the track...rip off a high 9s pass and drive home. I guess the next bar would be to run 8s. Weight reduction, suspension, slix, and a more aggressive race gas tune would get you pretty damn close IMO. The car weighs in at a portly 3850 with driver.

-Corey

firstsvt

workin those 28's
Established Member
Do you have new dyno #'s or better yet, a dyno graph of the 28 PSI pull, I'm really curious as to what the graph looks like? A/F, boost, whatever u got :pop:

Yes, this blower is absolutely 8 second capable in the right car like you said. EFI Renegade racer Mike Catapano has been 8.80 @ ~20 PSI I believe with this blower. Your car is gettin it done pretty well on drag radials, a pretty "stockish" suspension, streetable weight (3850) and I'm guessing a fairly conservative tune. I'd think your car could see 800 RWHP on high boost with a rowdy tune in there

Last edited:

69mach03

Established Member
Bump for a good guy I remember from 2003 on Mach 1 Registry. I remember when these cars came out that everyone (including myself) thought bolting on a charger would do the shortblock in on low boost. You proved it then and now the car is a total monster. GL with the sale and if money permitted -- this would definitely be a hell of an addition for me. :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread