FS: Koni DA fr SA rear coilovers 99+IRS

ragansrcobra99

That R has a CLOCK?!?
Established Member
Figured that I'd throw this out here also.

I've been weighing the option of selling these for a while, and going to a simpler route (aka MM race valved Bils). As stated, I have no idea how to price these, but I'm entertaining reasonable offers. I'm going to have to do something soon, CMP is coming up in March. Feel free to discuss, ask, whatever. I've been on track with several of you with this setup, but that may or may not lead you to believe how well it worked....LOL :lol1:

Copied from ad at cc.com:
I've been considering selling these for the past month or so. If I don't happen to sell these within the next couple of weeks, I'll end up keeping them and trying to learn how to adjust them properly.

Koni DA front struts with MM coilover kit. Originally purchased from onestep here, roughly two years ago. I've had them on the car for approximately 1 1/2 years. Both struts need to be rebuilt due to rebound adjusters being stuck. Apparently they need to be adjusted now and then or this will happen, resulting in the need for a rebuild. Quote on a rebuild from True Choice was 155 each plus parts, 2-3 week turnaround. MM coilover kit is without springs.

Griggs valved for IRS Koni 30 series rear shocks (double eyelet) with 2 sets of springs. 10" 650 lb springs, and 12" 550 lb springs (I think, have to dig them out to be sure on the 12 inchers). Rear set is in complete working order, coilover sleeves have some lower threads rubbed due to initial improper installation of the sleeve itself (not me), rear tie rod ends rubbed the sleeve. Since properly moving the sleeve up on the shock body, I've had no issues. In an effort to move to MM race valved Bils, I have to find out whether or not the rear shocks require the upper shock mount I'm currently using. If not, the upper mount will come with the setup.

Again, reason for selling this setup is due to my own inability to properly setup/use these struts. I'm looking to move to MM Bils soley for the purpose of simplicity for me. I have not been able to come up with a solid price on these, due to the struts need of a rebuild. Entertaining offers, I know what I'd like to get, but I don't know if it would be considered reasonable. I honesly do not want to split these up in any manner, unless the split results in all above pieces being sold at the same time.

This is again, for an IRS setup. I ran 400# springs up front, 650# in the rear.

Best offer $

Also, for those that have done a IRS swap, or have an IRS car, I have a Borla catback for sale. Not the "Stinger" brand mufflers, was the initial Borla offering back in 99. Great shape, only a minor scrape on one muffler. Fully welded, so shipping might suck.

$200.00

I've been thinking, I've ballparked a price I'd like to see between 600 and 700 bucks. Even with the rebuild costs, It's a decent deal on a full coilover setup.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread