FS: injector dynamic 2000 (id2000) e85 injectors brand new

gimlach94

Established Member
Did you sell yet? Any need for different ECM when running these injectors...If im not mistaken I thought I heard about some drivability issues with them on the street? Correct if wrong. Looking to make 1200 through a auto on e85

nvrstsfied

Established Member
I sent him payment for these yesterday. Think you will need something like this to make that power on E85, especially through an auto. Don't even think its close to possible on the ID1300s. Maybe someone else's 160# injectors you can get close. I am only shooting for 1K, and I knew I was going to come up way short with the ID1000s that I had. From what I've read, and been told the injector dynamics injectors are the best made injectors as far as trying to dial in pulse widths at low RPM and keeping from having to run jacked up/rich AFRs at idle. Not sure how these will load up at stop lights and whatnot as I've had issues with that on other cars with big injectors causing back firing and such, but with the volume of fuel it requires to make power on E85 there just isn't another way.

gimlach94

Established Member
I sent him payment for these yesterday. Think you will need something like this to make that power on E85, especially through an auto. Don't even think its close to possible on the ID1300s. Maybe someone else's 160# injectors you can get close. I am only shooting for 1K, and I knew I was going to come up way short with the ID1000s that I had. From what I've read, and been told the injector dynamics injectors are the best made injectors as far as trying to dial in pulse widths at low RPM and keeping from having to run jacked up/rich AFRs at idle. Not sure how these will load up at stop lights and whatnot as I've had issues with that on other cars with big injectors causing back firing and such, but with the volume of fuel it requires to make power on E85 there just isn't another way.

1300's would have been plenty for you at a 68-70% injector duty cycle. The real question is what pump(s) are you running. If you care to know pm me and we can talk about this, I have some pretty cool fuel calculators and conversion formulas to really pin point where you want to set up. I'm on the fence if a 1300 will do it for me or not.

pickup_man06

fast is never fast enough
Established Member
68-70% duty cycle is quite a bit grant. I don't blame him for going with the 2k's but he's probably gonna want a piggyback injector driver. The few folks that have tried the id2k's on a stock cobra PCM haven't enjoyed the tuning part of it, even with the excellent id fuel tables. The 160# should be fine though without a doubt

gimlach94

Established Member
Base pressure, boost, rpm, altitude yada yada yada all goes into the equation at the end of the day. It's hard to say with the id1300 I would have to run a insane base fuel pressure and probably run the injectors at a 85-90% duty cycle all of which is a no no. Corey txt me and we can bs more about this. Well.....first get that phone fixed :)

4vpower

Banned
I was about to go with ID2000 on my new built but I was told they won't work with stock ECU.

ID2000, for 99-04 Ford Cobra 4.6L Supercharged. 14mm (purple) adaptors. Set of 8. **Not compatible with stock Ford ECU due to scaling limits**

nvrstsfied

Established Member
1300's would have been plenty for you at a 68-70% injector duty cycle. The real question is what pump(s) are you running. If you care to know pm me and we can talk about this, I have some pretty cool fuel calculators and conversion formulas to really pin point where you want to set up. I'm on the fence if a 1300 will do it for me or not.

All Fore fuel system with (2) 400 E85 pumps. With the ID2000s jumped up to (3) 400 E85 pumps.

Users who are viewing this thread