FS: GI Joe 8 Rib pulley conversion kit.

04azuremach

Loud fast and fun
Established Member
What pulleys does this come with?

For your kit you'd still need the right sized 8 rib blower pulley unless you want to run 26 or so PSI. Other than that it has an 8 rib pulley for A/C, P/S, alternator, harmonic balancer, tensioner, water pump, and anything else I may be forgetting. I can take a pic if you want.

04azuremach

Loud fast and fun
Established Member
I'm installing a paxton novi 2000 on it right now and I still need the water crossover pipe before I continue. I decided to just wing it with a 6 rib and see how it goes and I'm selling the 8 rib so I can afford the water crossover pipe sooner lol. I'll probably regret selling the kit, but live and learn.

flowgoode

F it!
Established Member
For your kit you'd still need the right sized 8 rib blower pulley unless you want to run 26 or so PSI. Other than that it has an 8 rib pulley for A/C, P/S, alternator, harmonic balancer, tensioner, water pump, and anything else I may be forgetting. I can take a pic if you want.

Is the crank pulley the same size as mine stock? Is it the whole tensioner or just the pulley? If you can send me some pics please.

04azuremach

Loud fast and fun
Established Member
Here ya go

DSCN3350.jpg

SC idler
DSCN3351.jpg

SC pulley. 2.85"
DSCN3352.jpg

04azuremach

Loud fast and fun
Established Member
PM sent...is the waterpump pulley in those pictures? I don't see one that looks like the one I have.

Good catch. I didn't even notice that but I'd have figured it out if I had tried to install it myself. There doesn't seem to be a water pump pulley of any kind, but I'll double check all the boxes I have later tonight.

flowgoode

F it!
Established Member

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
Anyone know an easy way to get the SC pulley off? I can't get the thing to budge!

Took me about an hour to get my blower pulley off. That thing did not want to budge. We ended up using a torch and a pry bar and it finally came off. All that for an extra 1-2 psi.

flowgoode

F it!
Established Member

Cookieman00x

Drunk Again.
Established Member
you dont really even need to change the tensioner pulley the stock one is just wide enough... You can however put the wider version on the car without getting a new one if you want.

The only thing there is to worry about is getting the spacing of all the pullies correct.

You also need an 8 rib belt, any of the spacers for the pullies and the blower pulley..

04azuremach

Loud fast and fun
Established Member
you dont really even need to change the tensioner pulley the stock one is just wide enough... You can however put the wider version on the car without getting a new one if you want.

The only thing there is to worry about is getting the spacing of all the pullies correct.

You also need an 8 rib belt, any of the spacers for the pullies and the blower pulley..

All the spacers are included, but the belt is not. Comes with full instructions.

flowgoode

F it!
Established Member

oooh ok, cool so I'll use my stock tensioner.

All the spacers are included, but the belt is not. Comes with full instructions.

Cool sounds good! Forget the tensioner question in my PM I just sent haha, didn't look at this thread till after.

Users who are viewing this thread