FS/FT Lentech Strip Terminator 4R70W SBF

AlwaysBoosted

What's a SVT?
Established Member
Listing for my co-worker, this is a bad A transmission. He has a Lentech 4R70W Strip Terminator transmission with maybe 3K miles absolutely nothing wrong with this transmission, it is in mint condition. This was bolted up to his all motor 408ci SBF and really it's too much for what he has. It's a street car, and he's going back to a manual. It comes with the transmission cross member, flex plate and precision industries torque converter (10.5" lockup with a 4200 stall). He's asking $2500 obo $2300 obo for MACA.

100MEDIA_IMAG0080_zps404f988f.jpg

100MEDIA_IMAG0081_zps5b00b1f2.jpg

100MEDIA_IMAG0082_zpsa57aa1f3.jpg

100MEDIA_IMAG0079_zpsc2b65787.jpg

IMAG0083_zps0535d6bb.jpg

From Lentech's website
Limited Street/Race

Part# 7000-4R70-STR

Rated to 1500hp !
Overview: The Strip Terminator AODE/4R70W transmission is in a new class all by itself. A manual shift, fixed pressure valvebody is standard fare.Incorporated into this valvebody is Lentech's famous Reverse/Third technology for huge torque capacity. It is recommended for wild performance vehicles that see limited street usage. Each unit receives numerous key internal modifications and upgrades for increased durability.This transmission incorporates a billet 1 piece input shaft. The lockup feature is deleted from the torque convertor for reliability. It is highly recommended that higher than stock axle ratio be installed (3.55 or higher) in conjunction with this transmission model.
Auxiliary transmission oil coolers are also highly recommended.
Specifications:
.Quality selected core, completely stripped, all major components washed and inspected for excessive wear
.Pump modified to delete lockup, and increase lube and cooler flow
.Clutch cylinders modified for extra clutches
.Numerous modifications in strategic areas for efficient clutch operation and life
.8 "high energy" 3-4 clutches
.4 redlined intermediate clutches
.6 or 7 "high energy" forward clutches
.4 or 5 reverse clutches
.New 2" redlined O/D band
.All new seals, gaskets, and filter
.New bushings and thrustwasher (where needed)
.New intermediate ratchet diode clutch and spiral lock ring
.New low one-way clutch
.Lentech custom fixed-pressure manual shift Valve Body with exclusive LentechReverse/Third technology. Transbrake also available.
.Billet 1-piece input shaft
.New oil pan and bolts
.Re-assembled with all critical clearances adjusted for high performance/racing use
.Cast gray finish
.All complete units are dyno tested to insure a quality product
.Lifetime LTD warranty

Last edited:

Vrrooom

MACA Member #156
Established Member
Im looking to trade my t56 for this- what's needed to fit on a 11 GT500? And what car is his trans in right now?

AlwaysBoosted

What's a SVT?
Established Member
He's serious about moving this trans fast guys. Make me an offer. The trans is out of the car sitting on a pallet. It was in a 1990 coupe behind a 408 sbf.

I'm sure there's an adapter to fit the 11' :beer:

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
SBF or mod motor bellhousing pattern? Wish it had a lockup, there's only 2 bolts holding my TR6060 in the car right now...

AlwaysBoosted

What's a SVT?
Established Member
SBF or mod motor bellhousing pattern? Wish it had a lockup, there's only 2 bolts holding my TR6060 in the car right now...

I believe this trans does have a lock up, he had it added. If you call Lentech and give them the build number they'll give all the exact specs. Its SBF bellhousing.

04yellowcobra

Established Member
The bell is not removeable. The trans case and bell housing are one casting.

So the guts would have to removed and reinstalled in a mod motor housing to work on the newer cars.

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
The bell is not removeable. The trans case and bell housing are one casting.

So the guts would have to removed and reinstalled in a mod motor housing to work on the newer cars.

Yep.. too bad. This would have been great to spool my twins....

PS - Your PMs are full.

AlwaysBoosted

What's a SVT?
Established Member
Motivated seller guys, and I'd prefer if someone in MACA got this trans. He'll work with a potential modular buyer, if you buy it, you'll still get a screaming deal if you were to pay to have the cases swapped.

Users who are viewing this thread