FS/FT Block & Heads

WHSTLR

TRAKDAY
Established Member
I am rebuilding my 2003 Cobra and I have the stock shortblock which I suspect has a bad bearing and a set of heads that came on it that I am going to sell. My dilemna is the fact that I don't know for a fact what is wrong with the shortblock so I do not know what would b e a fair asking price. It still is complete shortblock with crank and pistons etc. I do see a small nick on one piston and a slightly scored wall. It ran fine but had a knocking noise before I tore it down that Sunshine Performance in Killeen, TX couldn't identify. There were two small metal flakes in the oil pan thats in one of the pics and the oil catch in the oil pan had a few flakes as well. Here are some pics:
P1020517.jpg

P1020520.jpg

P1020516.jpg

P1020514.jpg

P1020518.jpg

P1020521.jpg

Then I also have the set of heads and they ran fine on the car when it was running but one has a welded ear that looks sloppy. It looks as if someone tried to lift the engine with a bolt in this area and damaged it. Cost to make a better weld that I was quoted was $300. Here are some pics:
P1020483-1.jpg

P1020482-1.jpg

P1020481-1.jpg

P1020480-1.jpg

P1020483.jpg

P1020481.jpg

Overall I am just looking for fair asking prices on these before I even consider posting in the Market. My inexperience in the market for these parts doesn't assist me in knowing a starting point and its a waste to ask too much.
More pics of the heads. THey have 84k on them and have not been refreshed. They have all the velvet train and CAMs. (stock)
P1010866.jpg

P1010869.jpg

P1010868.jpg

P1010858.jpg

P1010855.jpg

rtvickers

Established Member
I may be interested in the heads. Mine either has a blown headgasket or a busted head. I will be taking it apart this weekend and sending them to the shop next week. If one of them is busted I will be needing a replacement. Can you tell me what shipping would be to zip code 41071? Thanks

WHSTLR

TRAKDAY
Established Member
What kind of oil was used in the motor?
I couldn't tell you b/c I bought the car and immediately went to work on it. It hasn't even been 100 miles with me as the owner.
Piston looks a bit melted in #3 hole
I can take plenty more pics but I am pretty sure non are melted. I rotated the block over and coolant in the block spilled all out into the cylinders. I still need to know what to even ask for it. Whom ever might want it only needs to ask for specific pictures or angles and I will take take them.
I may be interested in the heads. Mine either has a blown headgasket or a busted head. I will be taking it apart this weekend and sending them to the shop next week. If one of them is busted I will be needing a replacement. Can you tell me what shipping would be to zip code 41071? Thanks
Shipping for two heads at the most is $140(maybe less if you don't want the valve covers also, they are free since I have others). Not sure for just one head.

Users who are viewing this thread