FS/FT: 1999 BMW 540it with 6 speed swap!!!

RedBirdin96

Established Member
Rare BMW 540i touring (wagon). Excellent condition. 100k miles (will go up as it is my DD). Looking to sell or trade for Ford Expedition, Toyota Sequoia or Nissan Armada of equal or lesser value. Recent maintenance includes valve cover gaskets, spark plugs, oil change, front timing cover gaskets, power steering hoses, water pump and radiator. The 6 speed was never available in the wagons, so this is a swap, but it was done right and has had at least 50k miles put on it since the swap was completed. For complete disclosure, the car does carry a rebuilt title due to previous front end damage. no air bags deployed. The buyer that I bought it from purchased it through an insurance auction out of Houston, TX and then had the M5 bumper and OEM angel eye headlights from the 2001+ 5 series installed (headlights alone cost $2100). Car has been driven 50k+ miles since the repair and shows no signs of abnormal tire or suspension wear. Feel free to PM me with your phone number and I will be glad to chat with you if you have further detailed questions. It is a blast to drive, but I am just wanting a SUV for hauling heavier loads.

IMG_0112.jpg

Asking $11,000 obo (I know this is high given the wreck history, but this is an extremely unique car and the wreck was minimal. Since it is a BMW it was easy for the insurance company to justify totaling it due to extreme repair costs)

link to pictures taken in march after a thorough cleaning:
http://s217.photobucket.com/user/redbirdin96/library/BMW 540it/3-30-14

link to pictures of how the previous owner purchased it to show the damage from the wreck:
http://s217.photobucket.com/user/redbirdin96/library/BMW 540it/wrecked

Thanks,
Kevin

Last edited:

Teal Terminator

Established Member
This is my brother's car and I can vouch that it is very clean for it's age and is a very fun and unique automobile. You won't be disappointed.

And 8gtoklr, I know he has it on several Bimmer forums already. I think he figured it couldn't hurt to throw it up in here as well. These forums get a lot of traffic and there are many folks on here with diversified taste in cars.

mckpat03

Diesel FTW
Established Member
Wow, I want a 540iT sooooo bad. The manual swap makes it even more desirable. Wish I was in a position to buy. GLWS OP, it's a beaut!

Users who are viewing this thread