FS feeler thread...2001 Cobra...MMR900 $11k OBO

CobraVenom01

Established Member
Premium Member
Thinking about selling my cobra after 5 years of owning it. Right now the car has 94xxx miles on it...Motor has 7xxx miles on it. Right now not much is done to the car. MGW Orange handle, K&N Filter, 3.73 gears, Diablo chip with custom tune(needs new tune). F1 Racing Spec 3 clutch. Wheels will stay with me. Car will be on bullitts or 99-01 cobra wheels.

Motor
MMR900 internals in a 98 cobra teksid block. Stock 01 cobra heads. 8.5.1 compression. Felpro proformance headgaskets, ARP studs. MMR side Bolts. Motor is balanced at 0 grams. Total seal rings with clevite bearings.

Right now the car is dog shit slow because of the low compression motor. The motor is fully built and ready for a blower. My plans were to put an On3 Kit on the car with a T70.

Overall the car is in pretty good shape with a few issues.
- Needs some paint work. Chips and swirls in the paint, cracking in the hood and trunk lid. Rear bumper is oxidized.
- Transmission grinds going into third gear on fast shifts. (syncro)
- drivers side seat is ripped on the bolster.
- Broken wiper cowl.
- Engine light on for lean codes (working on solving this)
-Slight misfire around 2-3 k. We think this is tune related.

Have lost interest in the car and money is really tight right now...asking 11k and we can go from there...

IMG_0742.jpg

IMG_0744.jpg

IMG_0746.jpg

IMG_0738.jpg

IMG_0745.jpg

-Ryan

Last edited:

VADEi2

DAl2K FOl2CE
Established Member
Great looking car. I would so like to pick something like this up after I'm done with my fox project.

Blitz34

Established Member
Pics of paint damage and interior/ seat rip to [email protected]

So your hoping that the engine light and misfire are tune related and can be fixed with a proper tune correct?

I got a quote on changing syncros in the tranny for $400. Not sure what the wiper cowls go for. Any idea?

I'm just trying to see what kind of price I'd be looking at after repairs.

myslow03

Established Member
You will trade for my 96' Mystic Cobra now! no exceptions.

I'm j/k lol. But if your interested let me know please.

Car has polished Vortech Supercharger and sit's on 18x10 Chrome Saleens

My2003Mach1

Established Member
Why now find a person that knows mustangs and have them check it out.. it may be a simple fix.. BUT maybe you have someone that did look at it and they said DUMP IT...
11k though, sounds ok.... (if the information disclosed is true, no offense)

Paint touch up, wet sand buff and polish figure $4k if someone does it right....

Transmission work.. figure $1,500 ( who takes a tanny out and just puts syncros in?)

Engine light, codes sounds like O2 sensors....( shut them off in tune)

Lean...? no biggie.. still minor (tune, injector, ETC)

Only thing i have to say bad is from what i read all over about MMR hasn't been good AT ALL..

GLWS.. Nice car....

i'd strip this baby down and paint it "flat, Stealth Black", DUMP that bottom end from MMR in the trash, build a Boss BIG Bore Stroked (5.3), reuse the heads, add new bump sticks and KB on top for some fun :) (for the cost of about $18k +the asking $11k this stang will put down about 800 RWHP).... safe tune for the road ofcourse..lol

Once again GLWS.. Mine will be done soon. ( bigger badder faster)

flattrack53

Established Member
Why now find a person that knows mustangs and have them check it out.. it may be a simple fix.. BUT maybe you have someone that did look at it and they said DUMP IT...

Paint touch up, wet sand buff and polish figure $4k if someone does it right....

Transmission work.. figure $1,500 ( who takes a tanny out and just puts syncros in?)

Only thing i have to say bad is from what i read all over about MMR hasn't been good AT ALL..

GLWS.. Nice car....

i'd strip this baby down and paint it "flat, Stealth Black", DUMP that bottom end from MMR in the trash, build a Boss BIG Bore Stroked (5.3), reuse the heads, add new bump sticks and KB on top for some fun :) (for the cost of about $18k +the asking $11k this stang will put down about 800 RWHP).... safe tune for the road ofcourse..lol

Really??? That is messed up to trash someones add. Sounds like a good build, but just need the finishing touches.BUMP

goldenbear

Established Member
Really??? That is messed up to trash someones add. Sounds like a good build, but just need the finishing touches.BUMP

x2. If you weren't interested in the car why are you giving him negative comments? and 4k for a wet sand and polish? wtf. I bet if you got this car you would not pay 4k for that job. Yes, there might be people that charge that much to do the job, but a Mustang owner most likely will rather pay 4k for a paint job than to just clean it up. And if you haven't personally owned a MMR shortblock, you should just stay quiet. Yes, there are negative reviews about them, but its mostly because of their service. I have also heard VERY good things about them though. I have a shortblock of theirs, and personally, they gave me outstanding service.

boostedvert

Established Member

GLWS.. Nice car....

lol id buy and drive this car before i came anywhere near yours man. keep your negative comments to yourself. you sound like a complete idiot.

Last edited:

mustang3X

Established Member
Sounds like a good build, but just need the finishing touches.BUMP

Another mustang for sale that just needs the "finishing touches" how often does this happen with mustangs for sale??

If these "finishing touches" were so easy and cheap to fix they'd be done already.

If the seller wants a quick sale for the right price he needs to fix the drive-ability issues regardless of cost.

Nice looking car BTW.

VT_svt

Established Member
Nice ride, def interested to move quick on it for the summer time, pm me with details but I wanna make sure its mostly tune problems first

CobraVenom01

Established Member
Premium Member

GLWS.. Nice car....

gtfo out of my thread jackass. i do know mustangs...im sure your having some shop build your pos because you have no clue what your doing.

Anyway car is still available guys. I will take $9500 and thats as low as i can go. also Fr500s stay with the car...has brand new rear tires, fronts need to be replaced

-Ryan

Users who are viewing this thread