FS Cobra Cylinder Heads

lucheski

Established Member
These are the cylinder heads off my 2003 Cobra.
-78K Miles
-Removed from running engine
-4 Thread
-driver side head has timesert repair kit ( partially unscrewed in picture, threads in normally with spark plug)
-passenger head removed rear freeze plug for use with head cooling mod (as noted in picture)
-Will include Cams, Lifters and Rockers in Sale (if needed)
-650 shipped and paypaled

Sold

Last edited:

still03cobra

Established Member
This seems like a great deal. My 03 cobra just rolled over 130,000. They changed out my #3 plug I think and the insert came out with it. They said looks like the last owner had just kept putting inserts in. I've only had it for 2 months. I'm trying to think of the best route to go. Got hold of a machine shop that uses time inserts but that is still gonna cost me around $500. I'm just not sure how much install would be on heads. As I am a full time student so I don't have thousands to spend.

lucheski

Established Member
These heads were cleaned and inspected by Tim @ MPR Racing Engines in Boynton Beach, FL

(561) 588-0188
He can vouch for the condition of the heads

I asked him what the heads were worth he said about 800 dollars, I dropped the price for quick sale

lucheski

Established Member
This seems like a great deal. My 03 cobra just rolled over 130,000. They changed out my #3 plug I think and the insert came out with it. They said looks like the last owner had just kept putting inserts in. I've only had it for 2 months. I'm trying to think of the best route to go. Got hold of a machine shop that uses time inserts but that is still gonna cost me around $500. I'm just not sure how much install would be on heads. As I am a full time student so I don't have thousands to spend.

If you decide to buy these heads, you should see that the passenger side head has no inserts and is intact. the driver side head has an insert on number 5 that threads in and out with the spark plug. It still was working on holding compression and power fine until I removed the heads to rebuild the engine.

01blckcobra

Established Member
If you decide to buy these heads, you should see that the passenger side head has no inserts and is intact. the driver side head has an insert on number 5 that threads in and out with the spark plug. It still was working on holding compression and power fine until I removed the heads to rebuild the engine.

The insert threads in and out with the spark plug? Just checking.
Inserts i've used never come out of the head once installed properly.

lucheski

Established Member
The insert threads in and out with the spark plug? Just checking.
Inserts i've used never come out of the head once installed properly.

Correct, The insert should be re-installed, but it does "work" the way it is. This is a big reason I discounted the price

Last edited:

still03cobra

Established Member
See that's what I was curious about is that the insert was a solid fit and stayed in place. I just don't want to run into another problem like I'm having now.

01blckcobra

Established Member
See that's what I was curious about is that the insert was a solid fit and stayed in place. I just don't want to run into another problem like I'm having now.

It's still some what of an ez fix depending on the condition of the head. Insert might just need to be swedged or minor machining an new insert.

Still good price.

Users who are viewing this thread