FS: 98 Cobra in NJ $5500

GrFa

Established Member
1-13-10: It is now listed on ebay $4200 no reserve

I have been trying off and on to sell this with little success. Shortly after I bought it I relocated to MA. I have put maybe 1,000 miles on it since purchase and its sitting at my parents house not being used. All I have done to it is get it NJ inspected (passed with no issues) and charged and checked the AC. I just put a new battery in it this week.

The basics:
1998 130k miles
White/Tan leather
Rear spoiler and Mach sound
Cobra airbrushed on the hood
03 Chrome wheels with 275 Kumhos all around
Magnaflow exhaust
3.73 gears (guessing based on speedo error)

It is in very clean condition especially for the mileage. The exterior looks basically new except for a few minor blemishes. It has no rust that I've seen. The interior has no damage except for a small burn in the fold of the rear seat the size of a pencil eraser, the black has worn off some of the radio buttons, and the steering wheel is peeling.

Mechanically it runs well and everything works. It will need new rear shocks, has some silver/grey ones currently. They are either just too stiff or worn out. The Kumhos on it are quite wide and tend to track uneven pavement which depending on the roads where you live you might want to consider changing them.

I bought it in VT and drove it 400 miles home to NJ. I commuted in and out of NYC with it a few days. It is solid. I basically just don't have a use for the car, it is sitting without being used costing me insurance. I am open to offers.

IMG_0064.jpg

IMG_0065.jpg

IMG_0067.jpg

IMG_0068.jpg

IMG_0069.jpg

IMG_0070.jpg

IMG_0071.jpg

IMG_0072.jpg

IMG_0073.jpg

IMG_0074.jpg

IMG_0075.jpg

IMG_0077.jpg

IMG_0081.jpg

Last edited:

69fb

Established Member
Does it have a big air-brushed snake on the hood?

Edit: Did you run a carfax on it before you purchased it? I see the fender emblems are on backwards....

Last edited:

GrFa

Established Member
Yes it has a Cobra airbrushed on the hood.

It has a clean carfax.

GrFa

Established Member
AutoCheck Vehicle History Report

POWERED BY

1998 Ford Mustang Cobra
Report Run Date: 2009-12-14 20:12:10.431 EST
VIN: 1FAFP47V7WF176375
Year: 1998
Make: Ford
Model: Mustang Cobra
Style/Body: Coupe 2D
Class: Sport Car - Touring
Engine: 4.6L V8 SFI
Country of Assembly: United States
Vehicle Age: 11 year(s)
Calculated Owners: 4
Last Reported
Odometer Reading: 129,341

This vehicle's AutoCheck Score

The AutoCheck Score is a summary of your vehicle's history, letting you compare vehicles with ease.

About this vehicle's AutoCheck Score
This vehicle qualifies for Buyback Protection

buybackSafeguard your investment with AutoCheck Buyback Protection, which reduces the risk in buying a used vehicle.

About Buyback Protection
Section summaries

The vehicle identification number you submitted has been analyzed and summary information on your car is shown below
Title and ProblemCheck: image Your vehicle checks out!
OdometerCheck: image Your vehicle checks out!
Vehicle Use and EventCheck: image No vehicle use reported
Full History: image Detailed information available
Title and ProblemCheck

checks_out Your Vehicle Checks Out! AutoCheck's database for this 1998 Ford Mustang Cobra (1FAFP47V7WF176375) shows no negative titles or other problems. When reported to AutoCheck, these events can indicate serious past damage or other significant problems.

0 Problem(s) Reported: 15 Title/Problem areas checked:
image No abandoned title record
image No damaged title or major damage incident record
image No fire damaged title record
image No grey market title record
image No hail damage title record
image No insurance loss title or probable total loss record
image No junk or scrapped title record
image No manufacturer buyback/lemon title record
image No odometer problem title record
image No rebuilt/rebuildable title record
image No salvage title or salvage auction record
image No water damaged title record
image No NHTSA crash test record
image No frame/unibody damage record
image No recycling facility record
OdometerCheck

checks_out Your Vehicle Checks Out! AutoCheck examined the reported odometer readings reported to AutoCheck for this 1998 Ford Mustang Cobra (1FAFP47V7WF176375) and no indication of an odometer rollback or tampering was found. AutoCheck uses business rules to determine if reported odometer readings are significantly less than previously reported values. Not all reported odometer readings are used. Title and auction events also report odometer tampering or breakage.
0 Problem(s) Reported: Mileage Date Reported
image 18 08/19/1998
image 95,589 03/20/2003
image 95,851 06/19/2003
image 118,925 11/22/2005
image 129,341 07/20/2009
Vehicle Use and EventCheck

image Your Vehicle Checks Out! AutoCheck shows no additional information reported to AutoCheck about how this 1998 Ford Mustang Cobra (1FAFP47V7WF176375) has been used and other events. This includes reported accidents and corrected or duplicate titles and storm area registrations.
0 Event(s) Reported: 6 Vehicle uses checked:
image No fleet, rental and/or lease use record
image No taxi use record
image No police use record
image No government use record
image No livery use record
image No driver education record
0 Event(s) Reported: 9 Vehicle events checked:
image No accident record reported through accident data sources
image No corrected title record
image No duplicate title record
image No emission/safety inspection record
image No loan/lien record
image No fire damage incident record
image No repossessed record
image No theft record
image No storm area registration/title record
Full History

Below are the historical events for this vehicle listed in chronological order. Any discrepancies will be in bold text.

Report Run Date 2009-12-14 20:12:10.431 EST

Vehicle: 1998 Ford Mustang Cobra (1FAFP47V7WF176375)
Event date Location Odometer reading Data Source Details
03/09/1998 MA
Independent Source VEHICLE MANUFACTURED AND SHIPPED TO DEALER
05/18/1998 MARSHFIELD, MA
Motor Vehicle Dept. REGISTRATION EVENT/RENEWAL
08/19/1998 MARSHFIELD, MA
Motor Vehicle Dept. TITLE (Title #:AR0868674)
11/01/1998 MARSHFIELD, MA
11/01/2000 MARSHFIELD, MA
11/01/2002 MARSHFIELD, MA
03/20/2003 NEW ENGLAND REGION
Auto Auction REPORTED AT AUTO AUCTION
04/17/2003 WARWICK, RI
06/19/2003 WARWICK, RI
Motor Vehicle Dept. TITLE
09/02/2004 WARWICK, RI
Motor Vehicle Dept. TITLE
REGISTRATION EVENT/RENEWAL
11/22/2005 COLCHESTER, VT
Motor Vehicle Dept. TITLE (Title #:1122054201001)
11/22/2005 COLCHESTER, VT
01/05/2007 COLCHESTER, VT
07/20/2009 SADDLE RIVER, NJ
Motor Vehicle Dept. TITLE (Title #:LO200920100000115)
07/31/2009 SADDLE RIVER, NJ

AutoCheck Terms and Conditions
This report, and any reliance upon it, is subject to AutoCheck Terms and Conditions . If you obtained the report from a dealer, the dealer has been provided with these Terms & Conditions and can share them with you. These AutoCheck Terms and Conditions are also available at any time at Welcome to AutoCheck or by writing to Experian: Experian Automotive C/O AutoCheck Customer Service 955 American Lane Schaumburg IL 60173

Buyback Protection Terms and Conditions
This vehicle (1FAFP47V7WF176375) qualifies for AutoCheck Buyback Protection . If you obtained the report from a dealer, the dealer has been provided with the terms and can share them with you. These Buyback Protection Terms and Conditions are also available to you at any time at Welcome to AutoCheck or by writing to Experian: Experian Automotive C/O AutoCheckCustomer Service 955 American Lane Schaumburg IL 60173

About AutoCheck
AutoCheck vehicle history reports by Experian Automotive is the leading vehicle history reporting service. With expert data handling, the Experian Automotive database houses over 4 billion records on a half a billion vehicles. Every AutoCheck vehicle history report will give you confidence when buying or selling your next used vehicle, with superior customer service every step of the way.

GrFa

Established Member
Why are you selling beisdes it just sitting around? Trades??

I wouldn't mind putting the cash back in the bank, took a 50% cut in pay with the job change/relocation. With that being said I would take a partial trade with two wheels...

GrFa

Established Member
jrspawn, I emailed you a few days ago.

Bumping this back to the top. Send me an offer, I may just be crazy enough to take it.

Cobra R#21

Established Member
Would there be any chance to see the car tomorrow? I know its Christmas Eve, but I be at my sisters house which is very close to you and I live 2 hours away. Please let me know.

69fb

Established Member
Anyone even interested? Comments on price etc. welcome.

Since you asked......

I think you have a little bit of a hard sell due to the two things i already called out:

The fact that the car has a huge cobra airbrushed on the hood is probably not going to appeal to about 99% of the people on this board. I would think to get the hood resprayed and color matched is going to cost $400-$500.

The fact that both emblems are on backward is suspect, regardless of what carfax says.

It seems possible that the car was wrecked at some point in the front and the PO had the snake painted on his new hood while the front was getting repaired....just a guess.....

I still think it's a desireable car to the right person (not everyone is interested in cobras with 130k miles) and I'm interested for the right money.

If you're willing to negotiate on the car send me a pm with your bottom dollar.

Thanks

EDIT: Looking at the second picture down it seems like the front wheel sticks out of the wheel well pretty far....more than other SN95's with 17x9 fronts.

Last edited:

GrFa

Established Member
Sorry guys haven't checked the thread in a while. I could have showed it Christmas Eve...

I understand your comments above. I have been in around and underneath the car. It was not "wrecked" but it has had some paint work done. I am willing to sell to whoever gives me a decent offer. Its sitting at my parents house not being used and I'm paying $150 a month in insurance, I know I am going to take a big loss on it.

Users who are viewing this thread