FS: '98 Cobra Chrome Yellow Vert- Built- Baltimore, MD

FHATTCATT

Venom Still In 'Em
Established Member
EDIT: 5/16/07- The blown banana is sold and I watched it peel out of here. The car has a gone to another good home where it will continue to be well cared for- Enjoy the car, Travis!

As the title states it's chrome yellow with black leather interior, and has a black top. Body has 48,500+ (this is my daily driver so the miles will increase) miles. Motor and rear have 37,000 miles, trans only has 5,000 miles.

Clean Carfax- anyone interested will receive the vin number.

Negotiable asking price is $17,500.

Just participated in an all day gtg where we went from Baltimore, Maryland over to Frederick, MD, up to Gettysburg, Pennsylvania, where we joined 80 other Cobras for a spirited cruise, and then headed back home to Baltimore- awesome long distance all day cruising. This car is pretty badazz while being reliable at the same time. This car is my everyday driver.

ENGINE:
4V DOHC Teksid block
Vortech V-1 S/C at 10 psi (3.33 pulley) with after cooler and power pipe
Forged bottom end using stock crank, Manley pistons and rods at 9:1 compression
ARP bolts and studs used throughout the engine
Pro-M 77 mm MAF
BBK Long tubes
BBK catted H (gutted cats...)
Mac catback
Aluminum radiator (it is big)

SUSPENSION/BRAKES:
Eibach sport springs
* Maximum Motorsport rear lower control arms w/ adjustable spring perches
* CHE double adjustable rear upper control arms
* Spring isolators
* Bilstien struts and shocks from 03-04 Cobra
Global West welded subframe connectors
Caster/camber plates
Cross drilled rotors at all 4 corners
* EBC Greenstuff pads at all corners
* Stainless braided lines on the front with speedbleeders at every corner

FUEL SYSTEM:
Sumped stock tank with removed baffles
Stock lines/fittings have been replaced with A/N lines and fittings
Aeromotive A1000 fuel pump
Vortech inline filter
Vortech fuel rails
*42 lb. greentop FMS injectors

DRIVETRAIN:
TKO500 Trans
I believe it has a Pro 5.0 shifter (the shifter tower is red)
* Energy Suspension tranny mount
SPEC Stage 3 clutch
Fidanza Aluminum Flywheel
Aluminum driveshaft w/ safety loop
FRPP 31 spline carrier
Moser 31 spline axles
FRPP 3.73's
Adjustable clutch quadrant

WHEELS AND TIRES:
Chrome OEM 17x9 03-04 rims (5k miles)
* Nitto 555r 315x35 drag radials (200 miles- no burnouts) on the rear
Goodyear F1 GS 275x40 (5k miles) on the front

ELECTRICAL:
MSD wires
MSD shift light
SCT XCal2 Tune by Jon Lund at Evolution Performance on their dyno
KB Boost a Spark

MISCELLANEOUS:
* Innovate lc1/xd16 a/f gauge
Autometer Phantom fuel pressure gauge
Autometer Phantom vacuum/Boost gauge
* Optima Red Top battery is boxed and relocated to the trunk
Battery cutoff
6 point roll bar (has been nerfed) with door swing outs
RCI 5 point race harnesses for driver and passenger front seats
Canton aluminum aftercooler tank (2k miles)
*Canton aluminum radiator expansion tank
*Fresh tune (plugs, O2's, Mobil syn oil, coolant flush, etc...) prior to the dyno tune

All parts above with a * beside them have been installed within the last month and most were brand new when installed.

** Car has been fanatically maintained- all fluid changes, tunes, and scheduled maintenance have all been done when they should be, and have been extremely well documented.

PARTS IN HAND NOT YET INSTALLED:
Canton catch can

DYNO TUNED:
* Just tuned early April '07 at Evolution Performance by Jon Lund on their Mustang Dyno. Without an extended cool down following the 2 hour trip up there, the car was strapped in. Jon Lund pulled the car to 6,000 rpm and stated the car was losing (275x40x17 radials on the rear at that time...) traction. With timing set to a conservative 17 degrees timing and with air/fuel set safely (a little fat at wot) as well- the car made 446hp and 404 ft/lbs torque. These numbers are with only 10lbs boost. Jon said the Mustang Dyno has a correction factor of 6% versus a Dynojet's numbers, so the corrected number should be 473 rwhp. With more timing, less fuel, more traction, and taking the car up to 7k I believe it would have cracked 500hp with just 10lbs of boost. The dyno graph in the pic below shows the hp was still climbing.

AREAS NEEDING IMPROVEMENT:
1) If you look at the photo below of the car on the dyno, you will see that the passenger side molding below the door has a very small gap. I haven't gotten around to replacing the the plastic trim pins that would hold it in place tightly. This is a 20 minute job and will need maybe $10 in the plastic molding pins from a resto shop.

2) There are 2 very small (3/16") side by side stars in the windshield at the very bottom on the passenger side and are way out of the driver's line of sight. These won't affect any state inspection to get the car tagged. These stars again are small, and would be an easy fix for a windshield repair guy. These stars are out of the way enough that they aren't noticeable to the driver when driving.

IMG_1946.gif

IMG_1940.jpg

IMG_1943.gif

IMG_1949.gif

IMG_1935.gif

IMG_1872-1.jpg

IMG_1873.jpg

IMG_1925.jpg

IMG_1926.jpg

IMG_1927.gif

IMG_1930.gif

IMG_1928.jpg

IMG_1959.gif

IMG_1960.gif

I am genuinely in no rush to sell the car. The only reason for considering selling this car is that prior to buying the car I had my sights set on starting a build from step one- something I have never done- and after thinking about it more I really would like to have a chance to begin a project from scratch. If our car sells for about what I am asking, great. If not, I guess I will have to keep on enjoying this car.

This car is built for spirited driving without fear of parts breaking- corners weren't cut in investing money for parts or for time in installing them.

All receipts (tons of them) will come with the car. I have the original window sticker, and certificate of authenticity from SVT.

Thanks for looking-

Last edited:

FHATTCATT

Venom Still In 'Em
Established Member
Also, folks, I believe I will be trying to get out to the Ocean City, Maryland cruise the weekend of May 19-20. I will also be trying to get up to Carlisle, Pennsylvania around June 2-3 for the Ford Nationals. If anyone wants to check the car out at either of these 2 events, please let me know.

Evoluvin

Established Member
hey i think ive seen you around richie hwy a while back... my friend in his 03 black term wanted to race you... i think you are the guy.. also i drive a blue evo 8

Last edited:

FHATTCATT

Venom Still In 'Em
Established Member
You probably ran into the previous owner with the car at some time. The previous owner lived right near BWI and probably cruised Ritchie Hwy. I can be found on Ritchie also from time to time- but haven't matched up against anyone. Not sure I would match up against anyone on Ritchie given the amount of red and blue lights skulking around in the area....

FHATTCATT

Venom Still In 'Em
Established Member
Thanks, Tim-

The car has been a Marylander all its life but I believe that I have someone who is seriously interested who lives out of state. Probably a good thing because in the short time I have owned it I have dumped a fair share of money into it- and it would kill me to see all those dollars rolling around here! The prospective owner sounds like someone who will really be into the car and continue to take fanatically good care of it.

I am trying to line up a low mileage replacement for it to start a ground up project- and may have one in the works. It looks like I might be Cobraless for as little as a week.

1time

Established Member
:rockon: :rockon: :rockon: Mine Mine Mine Mine Mine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

FHATTCATT

Venom Still In 'Em
Established Member
5/16/07- The blown banana is sold and I watched it peel out of here. The car has a gone to another good home where it will continue to be well cared for- Enjoy the car, Travis!

1BadAzzGT

Established Member
FHATTCATT said:
You probably ran into the previous owner with the car at some time. The previous owner lived right near BWI and probably cruised Ritchie Hwy. I can be found on Ritchie also from time to time- but haven't matched up against anyone. Not sure I would match up against anyone on Ritchie given the amount of red and blue lights skulking around in the area....

I'm around Ritchie every once in a while. But my car is slow..... :pepper: :rockon:

1time

Established Member
4 yrs later!!!! Still a bad ass car. ..Turns heads wins at shows!!!!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread