FS 96 Cobra rear seat on an 01-04 frame

stanggirl14

Established Member
FS Rear seats recovered in anniversary edition red and black

I have the rear seat that came out of my 96 cobra when I swapped to the 03 seats.

This one was recovered in vinyl by a local upholstery shop and matches the charcoal and red seats that came in the 03 anniversary edition cobras. The seats are in great condition, have been in my attic a couple years which is why the bottom piece has the crease in it. I'm pretty sure it will come out in time as it wasn't there when I had the seats installed in my 96 (something was sitting on it and I think it will take time for the foam and vinyl to "reshape").

The pull tabs to release the seats are still the original saddle (tan) color, the upholsterer said he couldn't change them out to black, I considered dying them but never got around to it. There are a few rips in the back of the seats that you only see from the trunk or when the seats are down, tried to capture pics, I believe there are 3 total.

Now the seat backs are actually on an 01-04 seat frame, the earlier mustangs had a bracket for a bolt in the center as well as the ends. I swapped the original 03 seats cushions onto my 96 frame and they went with the car when I traded it.

Im asking $150 plus shipping, I imagine shipping isn't going to be cheap but I can work with a potential buyer. I paid $300 to have these redone and I don't expect anyone to pay that but please keep it in mind if you want to mmao. Again these are not authentic 03 anniversary edition seats but 96 seats recovered in vinyl to match.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread