FS - 93 Mystichrome Cobra!

TERMIN8TR

Established Member
In this case I really don't think the salvage title should really scare anyone off. This car is so unique and it seems like it was done to perfection. I followed the build thread when it was being done. I'd like to see it in person.

I was just concerned that things were changed after the original builder sold it off but it seems to be pretty much in tact.

therapy

Established Member
Awesome, beautiful and unique car. Incredible talent, craftsmanship,time,work and a little bit of money in order to build such a car. Most, if not all of us are envious of the builder and the owner. Keep it if you can.

93svt#981

Established Member
if this car ever comes up for sale when im able to buy it, it wont ever be for sale again! I love that car...good luck w the sale! Free bump

bigdave03

Established Member
if only u were closer.... Id hate to have that beauty shipped across th U.S.

Apicia

Established Member
Pure sex!

If this car wasn't all the way across the country, I would be making this guy an offer. Reminds me of that Chip Foose show where they strip an old car down and build it up for some guy. Very nice car.

COBRA MAN OF UT

F...UR SUPRA @ GTR
Established Member
If this car wasn't all the way across the country, I would be making this guy an offer. Reminds me of that Chip Foose show where they strip an old car down and build it up for some guy. Very nice car.

Air planes and transport trucks do not exist in the world any more do they:poke: I do not know what it is but when people give excuses like this it really bugs.

Apicia

Established Member
Air planes and transport trucks do not exist in the world any more do they:poke: I do not know what it is but when people give excuses like this it really bugs.

It just adds to the cost. I have flown and bought many cars from MD to VA to NY to PA. Flying to the west coast is useless, as I am not driving that far home. Transport? 1-1.5k enclosed. I guess 1k shipping is not a deal killer if you find a nice car for a nice price. This car is asking premium money, then add shipping, that equals me being broke!

COBRA MAN OF UT

F...UR SUPRA @ GTR
Established Member
At least if ur serious throw the offer out there. he wants $24,000 offer $22,500 worst he says is NO. I understand where ur comming from but honestly so many people say this and I guess I am just different distance does not differ me one bit from a car I want. My mystic was bought in KY my 98 cobra CA, my 95 cobra ID, my 97 cobra MO, my 01 cobra Manassas VA. All were bought site seen then shipped. If u are serious about this one of a kind car distance should not detour you.:beer:

Last edited:

DVJ38

One mod at a time
Established Member
I just followed the link in your sig. What an amazing car, glws!

jdl1000

Established Member
Very nice car!! One thing I just don't understand. Why would they build this car with a salvage title body? Because of this that car would be nothing more than a garage conversation piece. I don't think you could get it registered in FL. I know the costs of this swap and if that car had a clean title someone would be strait up stealing the car for 24K.

Good luck with the sale its a beautiful car.

Teal Terminator

Established Member
Honestly I don't think the salvage title makes a bit of difference. Someone that wants the car to "collect" isn't going to pay a premium for this car anyway b/c it isn't original. And someone that wants to buy it because of its uniqueness generally isn't going to give a rats ass if it has a little sticker on the door jam that says "salvage title" b/c it should be obvious by looking at it that it was rebuilt from the ground up and there isn't anything "salvage" about it. You can still register and resell salvage title cars just like any other car. My current car and my last Mustang are/were both salvage title vehicles and there isn't a thing wrong with them.

Bottom line is as long as they are repaired properly it doesn't much matter. And something else to consider is that it doesn't take much to "total" a 17 year old car (ie the insurance company is going to find it hard to justify any kind of body repair on a car that old). So it might just take replacing a fender, hood, front bumper, etc to make a car "road worthy" again. AND in some states, if you want to go through the hassle of it, you can have a DMV officer come out and re-designate a car's title to "rebuilt" or "OK" (different states title them different things).

Just my humble opinion though. :beer: I'd buy this car without a moments hesitation.

z28th1s

The 5.0 is Back!!!
Established Member
Honestly I don't think the salvage title makes a bit of difference. Someone that wants the car to "collect" isn't going to pay a premium for this car anyway b/c it isn't original. And someone that wants to buy it because of its uniqueness generally isn't going to give a rats ass if it has a little sticker on the door jam that says "salvage title" b/c it should be obvious by looking at it that it was rebuilt from the ground up and there isn't anything "salvage" about it. You can still register and resell salvage title cars just like any other car. My current car and my last Mustang are/were both salvage title vehicles and there isn't a thing wrong with them.

Bottom line is as long as they are repaired properly it doesn't much matter. And something else to consider is that it doesn't take much to "total" a 17 year old car (ie the insurance company is going to find it hard to justify any kind of body repair on a car that old). So it might just take replacing a fender, hood, front bumper, etc to make a car "road worthy" again. AND in some states, if you want to go through the hassle of it, you can have a DMV officer come out and re-designate a car's title to "rebuilt" or "OK" (different states title them different things).

Just my humble opinion though. :beer: I'd buy this car without a moments hesitation.

+1 well said, Ryan

Also, I think is was good that Aaron didn't take an original 'clean' title '93 Cobra to build this car. He took a 'salvage' title car that wouldn't have been worth as much to a '93 Cobra collector. He then made it into a beautiful 'one off' car that is worth much more money than if it would have just been repaired back to original '93 Cobra specs with a 'salvage' title.

jdl1000

Established Member

I don't know about the DMV in NC, but in FL once a car has been branded with a salvage title it can't be legally registered and driven on the road. Florida will not reverse a salvage title, nor will FL register a salvage title to be driven on the street. I have tried in the past. Thats what I meant when I said "this car would be nothing more than a garage conversation piece."

Speeds8erM-1

Video Whore
Established Member
I have had a few salvage title cars in Fl. If it has been repaired and issued a title from the state, it's fine.

jdl1000

Established Member
Not to keep beating a dead horse. But in Florida (which is the only state I was originally talking about) there are two different kinds of Salvage title. There is "Salvage" and there is "Salvage Rebuildable". The DMV will not let you register a title branded "Salvage" for street use. Now if the title is branded "Salvage Rebuildable" then you have to go through an inspection process to get the car registered for the street. I know many states are not like Florida and you can register a Salvage title car. I've read about people washing titles through other states before registering them in Florida. But its too late for that once Florida has the title info, not too mention it's illegal. I know all this because I dumped money into a "Salvaged Title" car that I tried for months to get registered with no luck.

Back on topic this car is a very nice ride and good luck to the seller. Bump for seller.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread