FS: '93 Mustang GT vert, 5 speed, 5 lug, clean

TTOPCPE

Established Member
With much regret I’ve decided to sell my convertible. With wanting to start a family, owning a home, four cars and a boat….something has to give and the convertible is the one that gets the least use. Hopefully she’ll go to a good home that will enjoy! Below is a quick overview of the car….

Exterior:
The previous owner had the car repainted the original Reef Blue and the titanium lower cleared to give it a more gloss silver look. The trunk lid was replaced with one from a coupe to remove the luggage rack and the lid was painted under to match. There are new head lights and the tails are from an LX. The paint job is not a 10,000 show re-spray, however you could park this in a cruise and be proud. There is a super small chip out of the driver’s side LX tail lamp that you would never notice unless it was pointed out. The nose and side fake air dams have your “typical” stone chips....not that there are many to begin with. There is no rust anywhere on the car.
The top is in excellent condition and functions 100%. The parade boot is still in the trunk.

Interior:
New carpet was installed, however it was incorrectly cut and there is a gap showing by the passenger side seat between the seat and center console. A patch piece is in its place, this is also something you would not notice until shown or the first time you vacuum….which is how I found it too. The seats are very nice with only minor drivers bolster wear. The dash, console, door panels and trim are in super nice condition. There is an Alpine CD player. Aftermarket component speakers were installed in the factory door locations. White face gauges are installed in the dash and ac locations. Ash tray door functions fine, ac blows cold and the heat work fine. All power windows functions fine, except the driver’s rear quarter window needs some help going up/down. The motor is working, but must need a new guide.

Drivetrain:
Original 5.0 with 154,000 on the clock that doesn’t skip a beat. It does not smoke, use oil or leak from the rear main. It has an explorer intake, under drive pulleys, brand new Ford Racing coated shorty headers, new Magnaflow catted X pipe and new Magnaflow cat back. This car was missing all the smog equipment when I purchased it and I put on all brand new NOS smog pieces….all hoses, air check valves, smog pump etc. This car passes Virginia emissions 100%.
Originally an aod car it was converted to a 5 speed using all proper pieces from a donor car. The T-5 has a MGW short throw shifter and Hurst white ball; however I have a leather knob from a ’98 Cobra in the glove box.
The 8.8 is the original with 3.27 gears.

Brakes/Suspension:
Converted to 5 lug with Cobra calipers front/rear, 94-95 spindles, 93 Cobra master cylinder, 93 Cobra e-brake cables and Willwood prop. valve were used. Front has caster/camber plates, strut tower brace, bump steer kit and Ford Racing control arms. The rear has Ford Racing upper control arms, the lowers are stock and the whole thing rides on Ford Racing B springs and Billstein struts/shocks. Tires are like new Kumho Estcas on ’98 Cobra wheels.

Hopefully I’m not forgetting any details, but please contact me for any questions. I purchased this car off a fellow who owned it for 7years and I vowed I would not sell it either, but priorities have now changed. The biggest thing I would do is install a set of full length sub frame connectors, some nice rear lower control arms and set out finding the source of those annoying fox convertible squeaks and rattles.
The car is located in my parents climate controlled garage in Northeast Pennsylvania and could be shown there or I could bring it down to Northern Virginia where I live if somebody was interested.
And the most important thing….the asking price…looking for 7,000 OBO. Not looking for any trades except partial of some 18" CCW classics.
Thanks for looking!!
34752195.jpg

93iii.jpg

93ix.jpg

93interior.jpg

93engineiv.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread