FS: 87-95 Induction kit $725 Mid OH

12C/OBoss

Established Member
forgive my ignorance but who makes a typhoon intake? I have been in the 4.6 and RoadRunner Boss world and i am new to the Foxbody. I just bought a 93 Notch all stock motor except BBK equal lenghts and x pipe but tons of other mods: new t5z, spec clutch, 4.30 built rear, Yukon axles, stud girdle, terminator diff, Tokiko Blues, control arms, etc. I want to do a top end kit but would like more info on this stuff you have. 225 HP is a joke after having 785 RWHP in my Boss and a Buick Regal GS daily with 256 whp LOL

wydopnthrtl

Established Member
I hear you. I had a 02 Lighting for 8 yrs. Built the engine & tuned it myself too. I used to spank mildly built 5.0Ls at the track. That was fun ;-) But I've moved on and am now just toying with an 89GT. This winter I'm rebuilding the engine and swapping the tranny for a stronger unit. And I've pretty much decided to focus on drag racing it. I'm going old school and switching to a carb. So the F.I. parts I've been gathering are now for sale.

Anyway, The Typhoon intake is a knock off of the Older Edelbrock intake. It's sold by professional products. Here is a link showing the upper and lower (polished) from summit. (w/o EGR & 70mm TB) There are a number of articles out there reviewing it. Basically its an intake good for any engine making under 400 rwhp.

Its important to me that the parts are in good mechanical shape and have not been port matched or machined. That way I'd free to do what I want with heads. These parts will require some cleaning and re-polishing but that's something a guy can do themselves. If your willing to give these a little elbow grease its a good price for used parts that work.
The intake came off a turbo engine and the MAF / injectors come off a SC engine. All these things need is some cleaning and a set of gaskets.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread