FS: 8.8 rear end CHEAP

54gt

Established Member
selling my 8.8 out of my 03 gt. its currently taken apart. was making a weird noise when i took it out so i figured it was a bearing... had a buddy take a look at it for me and said the seats where the axel bearings sit (not sure if thats what they are called but its the bearings on the outer sides on the axels) were wore and he wasnt comfortable rebuilding it... Maybe its something that you can fix? I can send pics for you to see the internals. will also part out.
300.00 for everything.
make offer on anything else.

6BangEr

Established Member
That's nowhere near cheap. You can find 8.8 w/ gears and locks for $300-400. You should probably asking around the $100-150 range

bandity2k00

Established Member
If axle bearing seats are shot then nothing.is fixing that. I bought complete 8.8 from 04 gt with 45ku miles for 200 even lol

54gt

Established Member
If your not interested then don't comment. Cause I don't care what you bought your rear end for. And yes it is fixable you just grind down the main caps.

bandity2k00

Established Member
Then you mean the carrier bearing races are wore..not being a dick. Helping buyers and you so you can make a sale and not wait forever with a crazy price

54gt

Established Member
Then you mean the carrier bearing races are wore..not being a dick. Helping buyers and you so you can make a sale and not wait forever with a crazy price

Not trying to be a dick either but as i said in the post it was the bearings that goes over the axel's and i even said that i wasnt sure what they were called. but i understand your just trying to clairify.

Users who are viewing this thread