FS: 5.8 Block (2014 GT500)

scottGT500

Established Member
My engine had a failure due to a blown head gasket.

My engine is at L&M Engines (Michael Rauscher) as we speak...so you know the best in business is involved. The blown head gasket scorched the top of one of the cylinders. In doing so, the very top of one cylinder is ever so slightly "out of round". L&M has already machined out the top of the block to make sure it is completely flat. My engine has/had @10,500 miles on it. About 5,000 miles were modded with Revan Racing's 13-6 kit.

I am asking $3,000 (or best offer)...they don't make these anymore...Any machine shop can complete or fix the block for whatever is wanted out of it...

Best case for me is for the purchaser to pay L&M...and have the proceeds taken off of my bill. That way everything is simple (payment/shipping) for everyone. I don't think they will mind doing this considering the huge job they are doing for me. Other payment options will also be considered...

image_zps6750a754.jpg

image_zps4413c72e.jpg

Thanks guys!!

Scott

Last edited:

MattR

Established Member
What's the cost of a new one? I have heard chatter that they are not available right now, but I think an oem has to make parts for 10 years.

scottGT500

Established Member
I was told by a few people that would know that they don't make these anymore...as far as retail is concerned. I am sure that Ford has a stash somewhere for warranty purposes....Engine builders will say (and have told me) that they have access to them but that isn't true.

scottGT500

Established Member
I am about to wholesale it so if anyone wants it...let me know ASAP. It will probably be repaired and re-sold for over $6000. Thanks!

et9secstang

Established Member
Michael and his wife are great to deal with and the best in the business, got my car hauling ass. Period!

Dan Schoneck

Established Member
ill give ya 1500 for it. its gonna need a sleeve and a person should prob at that point put all 8 in it and call it a day. Curious how much mike took off the deck to make it flat?? i think it would be very hard to sell a (repaired block) for the same price as a new one and if it was that easy of a fix why didnt you just do one sleeve on it and call it a day??

Users who are viewing this thread