FS 5.4 Lightning block and crank

ColorMatched

grayongrayongrayongray
Established Member
SVTP, I have a 5.4 Lightning block with ~25,xxx miles on it for sale. It is in really good shape visually with a little bit of machine work needed in the bores. My buddy is thinking a .030 over bore would do the trick, so this block is perfect if you want a low mile block to build off of. The crank is in good shape as well, but may need to be cleaned up a little. I am in the process of getting pics.

The block comes with the main caps, the round things that go between the main caps and the skirt (forgive my terminology, someone feel free to correct me) and the bolts.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

17.jpg

18.jpg

19.jpg

Asking price is $750 OBO. PM me or e-mail me [email protected]. Buyer pays shipping which would be freight, block weighs about 200lbs. I am located in Pittsburgh, PA and would be willing to deliver or meet halfway for per mile cost.

Thanks,

Dan

Last edited:

AZ ERIK

22's & a Whipple 4 shizzl
Established Member
Bump anyone? No one has a blown motor? Price too high?

You won't sell it for that price. A new block from ford is $500. Running longblocks (heads cams oil pan everything but intake and exhaust) sells in the $1200 range if that person is lucky, usually closer to $1000. Also a .030 overbore is the max these blocks will take so it can't be called perfect. Perfect for a bore job for sure :)

ColorMatched

grayongrayongrayongray
Established Member
Interesting... Thanks for the heads up. I tried to get a good price to compare it to, but all I found was one on eBay for $1300 that had rings and pistons, whereas this one had the crank as well.

It is also OBO too so...

Users who are viewing this thread