Established Member
Just fixed up another 3L SVT Contour.

Year: 1998
Exterior: Black
Interior: Midnight Blue Leather
Engine: 2003 3.0L Duratec
Transmission: Stock 5-speed
Milage: 92k on clock 15k on new motor

This one mechanically is perfect. I just put a new set of rotors on the front. It also has a brand new windshield and the front bumper was just refinished to take care of some scuffs and rock chips (looks brand new). Engine runs great and sounds mean when you get on it. It would be great for anyone looking for a daily driver. I also have a red one I just started working on that is perfect.

Need to get: $6000

See pics here: http://svtoatc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3736

Last edited:

kiyoshi147

looking for a SVT
Wow! gorgeous car...
what are the specs on that 3L ecape engine compared to the stock SVT 6?

looking for a replacement to my current 98.5 GL that i got from an old roommate, love the car but at 160k it is getting to the point where i need to start anew...

$6k is a possibility within the summer for me, so i'd just like to shout out my interest in the car.

Kool03Vert

Can you say HEMI?
Established Member
I might buy one at the end of year after I pay off my vert. Does the the A/C and Cruise control work in these conversions?

Ed

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
Kool03Vert said:
I might buy one at the end of year after I pay off my vert. Does the the A/C and Cruise control work in these conversions?

Ed
Yes. Its no different than the 2.5L (looks/controls)...at least when you use the 2.5L intake.

Blackcoog

3L Contour swap Guru
Established Member
Using the 3.0L intakes. AC is never disconnected or changed so if it worked before it will work again. All the same accesories are used so it will drive like it was suppose to come with that engine. You shouldn't notice a difference other than the appearance of the 3L intakes vs the SVT's. PM me if you are interested as I'm not sure how many more I'll do but I have atleast one after this one.

Last edited:

Blackcoog

3L Contour swap Guru
Established Member
I had a person interested but the sale fell through. Great car for someone looking to get into one for a good price. Car runs great.

moeec350

Established Member
hey, I am new here and am looking for a SVTC. Have you ever had any problems with these swaps? I am interested if the price can be worked on. Where in Minneapolis are you at?

Blackcoog

3L Contour swap Guru
Established Member
A 3L swap done right shouldn't be any less reliable than the stock engine. I've never had any issues with a buyer coming back to me yet. I always tell them to call if they have any issues. It should be more reliable because of the extra oil drainbacks in the heads to prevent oil starvation. Drop me an email by clicking on my name and viewing my profile or enable your PM's here on the board.

Thanks,
Chris

Last edited:

Blackcoog

3L Contour swap Guru
Established Member
Car is still forsale. moeec350 needs to sell his truck before he can buy anything. Let me know if you are interested.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
needs more quaife. that 3L is gonna rip that poor little trans apart.

if you lived anywhere closer to the united states, id be interested. :rolling:

any info to share on the red one coming up? would you install a quaife during the job?

Blackcoog

3L Contour swap Guru
Established Member
I don't install limited slip differentials unless I have a buyer up front and they pay extra for the differential. As long as you aren't planning on tracking the car the stock diff will be fine. All the ones I've sold are still running strong. They are used as daily drivers though. I don't charge any more to install it they just pay for the parts. I can add other parts also if you're insterested. Let me know if you want to do something like that. PM or email me.

Last edited:

DNeinstadt

Established Member
I've bought one of these cars from Blackcoog and let me tell you he does good work. The 3L runs strong, easily a 14 second car and it feels faster than that.

Good luck Chris!

Dan

kiyoshi147

looking for a SVT
sorry, i've been out of it for a bit. i think i am going to end up getting a buddies "old" '05 eclipse spyder. i'd kinda rather have the SVT, but he is practically giving it to me so i can't pass it up.

I'll always love the Contour i kissed goodbye a few weeks ago...
RIP CTO ('98 with 175k) transmission went bye bye...

Blackcoog

3L Contour swap Guru
Established Member
Black SVT is sold. The Red SVT is pending. :) I just finished a Silver 3L SVT Contour also if anyone is interested. Exterior looks great on it and it has about 90k on the body.

CleanZX3

Established Member
Blackcoog said:
Black SVT is sold. The Red SVT is pending. :) I just finished a Silver 3L SVT Contour also if anyone is interested. Exterior looks great on it and it has about 90k on the body.

What year is the silver one?

Users who are viewing this thread