FS 2007 GT500 white/blue $35K

evasive

Pro 2A Attorney
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
The buyer is crazy. He bought a discounted car. He honestly wants to pay $26K for a GT500? The guy is insane...you pay less for a high mileage car knowing it's going to need work....I'd not respond to the guy at all. Cars are sold as is unless otherwise stipulated.

rexisme

Established Member
The buyer is crazy. He bought a discounted car. He honestly wants to pay $26K for a GT500? The guy is insane...you pay less for a high mileage car knowing it's going to need work....I'd not respond to the guy at all. Cars are sold as is unless otherwise stipulated.

that is what I am saying as well. plus,since when is 22k miles high? bottom line is the guy got a loaded 07 gt500 w/ only 22k miles for $31k. so what if it needs 2k in work, 33k for the car is still more than fair. this sounds a lot more like someone buying more car than they can afford.

Grabber

Yep...
Established Member
:bored: yeah ok as it sat on the side of the road at a meter in downtown Chicago in the winter. The car was beat and sold for the beat price.

A. His car can handle it. As long as there is no mechanical problem, it's fine.
B. Who doesn't beat the piss out of their car(not everyone, but a lot, at least more than they will ever claim)
C. I was his neighbor for a while. That things had a nice car cover in winter(not much, still a small difference though)
D. The car is meant to be driven. We are not talking about a Vtec motor or a TR3650.

PS- I think I remember meeting you at the Meijer Car show in RM. How is the Shelby running these days?

Back on topic- Whether or not it was beat to hell, it was sold it good condition, with a decent amount of miles. It's a GT500.

sgt d

tejas mile!!!!!!!!
Established Member
did anyone read the link? claimed to not know about gears and was leaking oil. it was an issue of disclosure and believe or not, not everyone that buys are car like this may not know another's user name to research and may have not ever heard of svtperformance. the buyer should had checked into it more and not taken delivery but this is far from it is his problem and what do you expect. high mileage? it is an 07 with 20k which is far from 70k.............

i would like to see the reaction of some remarks had you bought the car:bored: and oddly enough the op has not come into this thread to shed any light.

Red99SVT

Established Member
If anyone knows the guy and he ends up needing a clutch I have one here in the garage brand new from Ford.. Flywheels and all for $500

SVT_4_me

Established Member
the seller should have disclosed all of the problems, regardless of the selling price. i would be seriously pissed off too... that is B.S.

and 20k miles is not "high mileage". come on people...

dgussin1

If I offend you, IDGAF
Established Member
I love how people jump to conclusions. SHIT

To clear some things up:

The buyer of my car knew the complete history. He knew the car was raced occasionally (went out 5-6 times in 2 years), just happened to bring a camera with me and put the vids up. Hell, I even offered to show him videos when he picked the car up. I told him the car only went to the track once with the pulley on (which is TRUE). I think I went 2-3 times with the stock pulley on.

He knew the car had been modified, I gave him the pulley, cai and tuner when he bought the car. I tried selling him my SW exhaust and nitrous kit.

He knew the clutch was slipping (and I GOT HIM A NEW CLUTCH/FLYWHEEL FROM SVT FOR FREE)

The rear end has the factory 3.31 gears in it, just like I told him. If there is any problem with it, perhaps a wheel bearing has gone out, which is a $12 part and an hour 1/2 labor.

The car is solid, runs strong, clean inside. No issues that were not disclosed at time of sale.

So, please don't jump to conclusions. That post was made the day he got the car. Things are very different right now, as he is awaiting a nice care package from SVT and I am awaiting my $1500 - whatever labor is to install a clutch.

And he never mentioned anything to me about leaking oil, and I never saw any leaking oil in my garage. The car was always garaged, except for when I was out on the town.

slash

Established Member
i agree with the fact that its buyer beware and he got what he paid for, but did he really know what he was getting? i also realize there are 3 sides to every story (yours, mine and the truth)

The Mustang Source Forums - View Single Post - Bought a used GT500 & Need Advice

Seller states that to his knowledge, no one has ever done any work on the differential, and his drag racing at the strip was done a year or more ago before the trans was replaced. He did tell me today that if the repairs are not covered under warranty, we'll work something out.

but then there is this...

I need some FRPP 3.73's or 4.10's by noon tomorrow. Anybody got some laying around? - Chicago SVT

and there is NO seceret that this car was driven hard and put away wet. there is plenty of documentation
Car videos, car photos, events and community on StreetFire.net

really not our business, it just sucks that you cant trust a fellow mustang enthusiest. just my .02 i really hope the buyer of this rat gets everything sorted out. 32 grand is way too much for a beat on gt500 imo

TERMINATED97

Established Member
Seller states that to his knowledge, no one has ever done any work on the differential, and his drag racing at the strip was done a year or more ago before the trans was replaced. He did tell me today that if the repairs are not covered under warranty, we'll work something out.

+1, my brother was at Deans when the gear was being installed.

TERMINATED97

Established Member
yeah I don't know but to me its pretty shady to lie about that. Saying to his knowledge the rear end was never touched when infact he had the 3:73 installed.

claytucc3

Established Member
Wow good thing this guy never got back to me on this car. It is too bad, it is a beautiful car...:(

SVTdubs

have you seen my baseball
Established Member
ive seen and driven this car, it was perfect. Slash, you race your car! Ill give you $25k for it since its been raced! Deal?

Just cuz the car was raced a little doesnt mean it isnt worth anything. Dave is an honest seller and disclosed everything. When he tries to sell the guy a nitrous kit and show him videos, you know he is not hiding anything, lol

come on guys, we all just have garage queens.... right...

congrats on the sale, sorry it went for a little too low due to the ECONOMY!

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
If I knew the car would've sold for $31.5K, it would be in my garage along with the compilation of videos. The car was a steal, get over it.:beer:

jimwood

Established Member
Man that is some shady BS.

Recap: Advertised as 9/10. "1" track visit. But they buyer states:

The Service Manager has requested that the Ford Field Rep come to take a look at it to decide what will be covered under warranty. He said that it appears to hime that someone had done some work on the differential and according to Ford records, it wasn't a Ford dealer. Considering that is has a performance driveshaft with protective shield and lots of rubber residue in the rear wheel wells, he feels the car has seen a lot of drag racing. Clutch and trans were previously replaced under warranty.

Warranty voided for differential. That sucks.

Even if a seller sells something "As-is" and at a "good price" a seller is required under the law to disclose all material defects known.

Last edited:

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
Man that is some shady BS.

Recap: Advertised as 9/10. "1" track visit. But they buyer states:

The Service Manager has requested that the Ford Field Rep come to take a look at it to decide what will be covered under warranty. He said that it appears to hime that someone had done some work on the differential and according to Ford records, it wasn't a Ford dealer. Considering that is has a performance driveshaft with protective shield and lots of rubber residue in the rear wheel wells, he feels the car has seen a lot of drag racing. Clutch and trans were previously replaced under warranty.

Warranty voided for differential. That sucks.

Even if a seller sells something "As-is" and at a "good price" a seller is required under the law to disclose all material defects known.

He bought the car for $31.5 knowing it had problems. If the buyer is sooooo disatisfied with this purchase pm me, I'll buy the car from him for $31.5K. Just need notice that he wants to sell so I can unload my cobra.

blown86

FLPNOUT
Established Member
He bought the car for $31.5 knowing it had problems. If the buyer is sooooo disatisfied with this purchase pm me, I'll buy the car from him for $31.5K. Just need notice that he wants to sell so I can unload my cobra.

+1 I'll sell my cobra to buy that GT500 for that kind of money

Users who are viewing this thread