FS: 2007 GT500 Alloy with Silver stripes and Red interior, 1 of 67, Rare Make offer

res0n0xg

Established Member
the guy buys wrecked cars and flips them, he's had good feedback here from what i've seen, but I am surprised to see he has listed his car twice but failed to mention this was another wrecked car/flip. I'm sure if you could of called him, etc. he would of explained that though and what he repaired on the car.

My2003Mach1

Established Member
Uh oh! lol whew this was one of the cars that i was looking at buying !!! Great guy, However now I'm wondering why if being aquatints would he not disclose this information to me during our conversation? The mustang community is a tight family..

Good luck with your sale otherwise...

RIO RED SNAKE

4:10's = The Suck
Established Member
Interested... Can you give me any details on the accident?

autocheck-gt500_zpsf2yzhwp9.png

HI, it happened while not owned by me, the previous owner had a ford dealer install a Mcleod clutch, the insulation under the car upon re installation was touching the exhaust and after driving on the highway it began to smoke and the previous owner thought the car was going to catch fire, so he towed the car and put a claim in through insurance. There is no damage underneath the car. It was not severe, the things people do to put a few grand back in their pocket. It is still a clean title shelby.

the guy buys wrecked cars and flips them, he's had good feedback here from what i've seen, but I am surprised to see he has listed his car twice but failed to mention this was another wrecked car/flip. I'm sure if you could of called him, etc. he would of explained that though and what he repaired on the car.

I am a very honest person, it was not a collision accident, if it was severe i am more than happy to disclose anything. i am not afraid and i am not out to hide anything, this was not done by me, but by the previous owner.

Uh oh! lol whew this was one of the cars that i was looking at buying !!! Great guy, However now I'm wondering why if being aquatints would he not disclose this information to me during our conversation? The mustang community is a tight family..

Good luck with your sale otherwise...

Jon, sorry you feel like you were left out on a disclosure, it did not get serious enough in our conversation for me to go on, i am more than happy to disclose any information, i get 10 texts a day on my car and it is all people needing to sell their car or trade, so once someone actually comes up with the money i am more than happy to disclose and talk about whatever. Again its a clean title shelby, 40% of the 03/04 cobras have had repainted quarters, bumpers, hoods, accidents all never shown up on carfax or auto check yet people can not wait to pay $20+k for one. It doesnt make sense. Thanks guys.

PhaidOut

Established Member
So is the car still in Michigan or is it in Connecticut? If it is in Michigan I may be in the market...

Now for the obvious concerns. I don't want to pile on but you should take a more proactive approach to put the doubters at ease. Maybe to put some minds at ease, do you have the former owner's contact info? Have you approached him/her about talking to potential buyers? Did you buy it from the seller or at auction?

No activity since 2012 on the report? Could have been cut off I guess.

The major damage issue. You sound like you knew about it when you bought the car. There should be paper work on that. I personally would have had it towed to the installer and had them look at it. They would have ate the cost I am sure. A major insurance claim hit to the title without real damage? I wouldn't want that as the cars owner for sure and in today's world of insurance adjusters?

You seem to have a reputation as a flipper of wrecked cars. I'm not sure how you can dispel that on this vehicle. But just telling everyone what you can would go a long way...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread