FS: 2004 Twin Turbo Mystichrome Cobra, 19k miles

ferfont1

Established Member
Old thread was old, so here is a new ad :banana:

$35k, located in Houston
-I will not entertain any $2X,XXX offers
-I dont need your 2 cents on what the car is worth
-"i'd buy it if it was a 6 speed" Good for you....guess what? It's not, so i dont care. If you can afford the car, you can afford to downgrade it back to a 6 speed. :shrug:
-If you dont agree with the price, move on, simple as that
-Car is still available if this ad is still up, first come first serve
*this list compiled from previous thread replies :thumbsup:

The Original Twin Turbo Mystichrome on I-forged wheels! Completed in 2006 by Dynospeed racing, Nashville TN. If there are any questions or concerns on this build feel free to call the shop, Joe knows this car inside and out.

Vehicle: 2004 Ford Mustang Cobra
Mileage: 19,xxx
VIN: 1FAFP48YX4F168227

It placed second at the 2007 King of the street and has won numerous car shows. It was in the May issue of 5.0 Magazine. 80 percent of the work was done by Dynospeed Racing. The car made 935 rwhp with a little gas 805rwhp on boost only thru the auto. Fastest pass to date a 9.6 at 144mph NO NITROUS. The car has five 1/4 mile passes made on it. Below is the mod list. Thanks for looking.

Video: Erics Mustang - YouTube
5.0 Magazine weblink:
2007 Nitto Tire King of the Street - Eric Chappa - 5.0 Mustang & Super Fords Magazine

Engine/Drivetrain:
-Sullivan upper and lower intake (polished and smoothed) Very rare and no longer produced.
-Zolner / Mahle forged pistons, Manley H beam rods, Cobra forged crank. (factory built)
-Stock 4v heads with cooling mod (chrome valve covers)
-4R70W transmission built by Earl Shexnayder with transbrake, overdrive and lockup, 4000rpm Torque Converter built by Precision Industries with B&M Hammer shifter. Trans built equal to a Lentech Strip terminator except it retains Lockup and OD. Lentech full manual valve body (manual shifting only), OD and lockup activated by push buttons. 3.73 rear gear.
-Ford Racing aluminum drive shaft.

Forced Induction
-Turbo Horsepower THP twin turbo Turbonetics 61mm turbo kit (upgrade) , 44mm Tial wastegates and billet blow off valve.
-ZEX nitrous wet kit, hidden box with custom bent stainless lines to a carb style plate. Bottle paint matched in Mystichrome.

Fuel Delivery
-Sullivan fuel rails (polished)
-Siemens Delka 60lb fuel injectors
-Return Style Aeromotive Eliminator pump, Aeromotive regulator, Aeromotive pre and post filters, -10 stainless braided lines, and MMR sumped tank
-included but not installed, aeromotive fuel pump controller

Exhaust
-DynoSpeed Racing built midpipe
-Borla Stinger catback

Suspension (Drag setup, very stiff and noisy, but puts the POWER down straight and smooth!)
-Skinny Kid Racing coilovers (front and rear)
-Strange adjustable shocks
-Strange adjustable struts
-k member QA1
-Steeda subframe connectors
-Wolf Race Craft rear suspension kit with frame mount sway bar (not hooked up bc of tailpipes)
-Solid rear axle 8.8" with 31 spline axles, Auburn Pro differential built by Earl Shexnayder, built, braced, and welded, 3 inch ARP studs. Pre 98 housing used to fit wider lip on the wheels. Adjustable upper and lower tubular control arms with heim joints and metal bushings. C-clip eliminators.
-Steeda bump steer

Tuning
-SCT excaliber 2 with 3 tunes by DynoSpeed Racing. 93(street)/c16(kill)/c16+nos(full tilt boogie!!)
-Greddy Pro Spec B electronic boost controller (lo and high settings)
-MAF C&L 110mm with SCT BA2800
-WOT box, from when it was a 6speed

Gauges
-Autometer NV boost gauge (bright green glow)
-Autometer NV electric fuel pressure gauge (bright green glow)
-Raptor shift light (hidden in the ac vent)

Safety
-10 point roll cage painted to match interior by DynoSpeed Racing with spring loaded swing outs, not just cheap looking pins.
-Taylor battery relocation with custom cut off switch. Box paint matched in Mystichrome.

Wheels
-IForged Classics Front 18x9s and Rear 18x11s with brand new Nitto tires, 335's on the rear.
-Rear race wheels 15x10 Billet specialty street light lookalikes with 275/60/15 BFG's.

Misc.
-polished and smoothed Sullivan intake
-polished turbos and jet hot coated compressor housings
-powder coated valve covers
-polished and painted coil covers
-painted nitrous bottle
-painted battery box
-painted shifter
-short antenna
-10th anniversary interior pieces
-painted rotors and calipers
-HID headlights and fogs

Audio
-Pioneer 7inch in-dash head unit with NAV and DVD
-JL W6 10inch sub
-JL 6x9s

Things i'd recommend:

-i'd get a re-tune since it was done back in 06, nothing wrong but if i were to keep it i'd do it just to see what the new technology and modern fuel can offer with maybe 105lb injectors or at least 80's. Or if funds allow, go with the ID2000's on e85. Could also swap to the newer style slot MAF. Remember this car is untouched from when it was built in 06 so all the tech is from that time period..........when 60's were the largest high imp injector and the big mouth sct mouth was the maf to get.
-needs a Navigation CD from Pioneer
-Aeromotive fuel pump controller included but not installed, i'd recommend install if there will be alot of cruising or stop and go traffic. 800 gallons is not needed puttin around town just heats up the fuel.

Fun facts:
-I've never had race fuel through it or nitrous during my ownership, the 93 tune is plenty for me.
-I drove this to Cars&Coffee once a month and to local mustang events.
-I have driven it to work on occasion with no problems which is a 90 mile round trip. It has also been driven from Houston to Austin, Dallas, San Antonio, and Lafayette Louisiana and back with no problems. Cruises about 2500rpm @ 75ish.
-Recent compression test yields 180psi across the board, will provide video to serious inquires

New pics from last week 8/1/13:
71mz5i.jpg

33c2pec.jpg

30u645y.jpg

29wr4ap.jpg

2yyzcl3.jpg

28u5t11.jpg

2it0zf9.jpg

2emph0g.jpg

1464c2.jpg

vdifed.jpg

a58av7.jpg

fnhbf5.jpg

dm6w6o.jpg

Old pics from magazine and other misc:
m9vc5f.jpg

nd4dv7.jpg

30a99mt.jpg

347fcqb.jpg

35k7ds2.jpg

15945s.jpg

35bdwye.jpg

14jwyg9.jpg

2isw1vl.jpg

2z7iihh.jpg

xkrte1.jpg

Videos!! added May '14

Compression test:
Cyl 1
Cyl 2
Cyl 3
Cyl 4
Cyl 5
Cyl 6
Cyl 7
Cyl 8

Drive by:
drive by 1
drive by 2
pull up

Shifting:
shifting

Last edited:

pickup_man06

fast is never fast enough
Established Member
Holy ****. This is amazing. If only it was available after I got back from Afghanistan. I'd totally own this in a heartbeat. 35k is a steal!

BrokenCool

LOL @ Retiring
Established Member
My favorite terminator! Only a few 03-04s are truely worth $30k+ and this is one of them.

GLWS bro :thumbsup:

ferfont1

Established Member
Good chatting with some of you! Lots of potential buyers, just depends who gets the funds first!

Users who are viewing this thread