Fs: 2004 svtf zx5 eap

P5Boy

Established Member
Premium Member
Anyone here want a 2004 SVT Focus ZX5 EAP with 90,000 miles? I recently got my 1995 Mustang Cobra two topper back from my father. I don't need the Focus anymore. So I am looking to sell it here or on eBay. Giving you guys first crack at it.

I have had the car for little over two years. I bought it from a Ford dealer in northern VA where an employee had owned it since new. It had about 30,000 miles on it then. Also, there were some blemishes in the exterior, more on this later.

I have driven it every day since then. I have used Ford parts when I performed the maintenance. I bought most, if not all, of my parts from Steve @ Tousley Ford. On occasion, my local Ford dealer did some maintenance.

Some details about the car:

Sonic Blue 5-door with EAP.

I have the non-EAP 2004 wheels (the five spokes) on it, which I bought new from Steve @ Tousley. I don't have the EAP wheels, I gave them away because they had serious curb rash. The wheels have none, yes-- no curb rash.

I did buy some aftermarket deep pile floor mats and rear hatch mat. I can't remember where I bought them from, but they are pretty nice.

It has the power moon roof, HID lights, traction control, heated front seats, block heater, in-dash CD changer. It has every EAP option you could get. It took me a while to actually find this exact car because I wanted all the EAP options.

The interior is pretty much blemish free, in like new condition. The Recaros are blemish free. Everything works, all dials, buttons, levers, etc work. There is nothing broken on this car. I don't carry stuff home from Lowe's with it, I used it for my commute.

My daily commute is about 70-75 miles, hence the high mileage. It's all 65 MPH highway for me to get to work.

I paid about $2200 to have a new rear bumper cover installed and the scratches fixed from the previous owner.

The car is bone stock and it does have some maintenance coming up that should be done. It will need a new clutch (and related parts, but it's not slipping), new struts and shocks (the Koni's I installed are starting to show their age) and the 100,000 mile tune-up. It does have a very small coolant leak at the thermostat housing.

It has fairly recent brakes, new Nitto tires, new front lower control arms.

I am looking for somewhere between $6,400 to $7,400 for the car, depending on if I have to do some or all of the maintenance.

I am going to give her a bath this weekend and take some pictures.

Last edited:

Stevarino8

Established Member
Personally, I like three doors but EAPs are rare lets see the shots. Has the master cylinder leak ever been a problem? Are brakes an issue in the Winter freezing up? You did say "bone stock", however, any strut tower bars front or back to go with the aftermarket struts?

P5Boy

Established Member
Premium Member
I haven't had any issues with either the brake or clutch master cylinder. Am I supposed to?

I have never had any issues with the brakes in the winter. I replaced all the rotors and pads. Is there an issue with the brakes in the winter?

It does have a little coolant leak at the thermostat housing.

The car is bone stock, I had to replace the struts and shocks because they wore out. I am guessing that since the car was from inside the beltway, the struts and shocks wore out. But in any case, they needed to be replaced and I had a set of Koni's from my first Focus laying around, so I installed them on my SVTF. I would guess that they are around 5 or 6 years old by now. There are no front or rear strut bars on the car.

It looks like it's going to rain all weekend. So I am going to put up some pictures, but guys, the last few weeks in VA has been horrible with respect to pollen and such. The car is very dirty and you can tell in the pictures. I will take high-res versions after I clean her up. I used my 'party' camera for these.

04SVTFDrivSide.jpg

04SVTFPassSide.jpg

04SVTFDrivSideInt.jpg

04SVTFPassSideInt.jpg

Last edited:

Stevarino8

Established Member
OK, yes with the master cylinder it is an issue. As for the brakes the parking brake cable has been known to seize in the intense cold. This mess, of course, freezes up the rear brakes. The former is covered by the Ford warranty where the latter is not!

P5Boy

Established Member
Premium Member
Hmm, I am guessing you mean the clutch master cylinder. I check the fluid levels every time I do an oil change, which is about 1 in 3 (I use the dealer when I don't have the time to do it myself) and I have never seen the clutch master cylinder reservoir down on fluid nor do I have any spots on the floor mats. But I will check the master cylinder this week and report back what I find.

No freeze ups on the brakes, ever.

Also, I will be fixing the coolant leak.

I did get some time with her this weekend. Just need to clean the interior and get my stuff out of it. There are some rock chips in the paint, namely on the hood. But there are no dents! None! Other than the hood area, the paint looks pretty darn good.

I also got the exact mileage, it's 91,057. I have maybe 5-7K miles on the Nitto NeoGens.

I have a small set of parts that will be going with the car; extra set of mirrors, over 2 cases of FL-2005 filters, cabin filters and a extra fog lamp assembly. I will be itemizing all the parts this week, so the list could change.

I am starting to lean towards doing some or all of the maintenance and maybe going the eBay or Craigslist route... the car isn't getting any interest here... I guess no one wants a 5-door EAP...

P5Boy

Established Member
Premium Member
Thanks!

During my daily commute (I don't drive it anymore), I average about 26-28 MPG. Now if I can drive on the Interstate with cruise control on for an entire tank of gas, she gets around 31-32. I have gotten 340 miles out of tank of gas quite a few times. But like I said, I have to be on the Interstate with cruise control and for the entire tank of gas.

I will provide new pics and status soon. I got all the tune-up parts from Steve this past Friday.

Here is what I am replacing;
timing belt
timing belt tensioner
timing belt idler
plugs
plug wires
pcv
fuel filter
front dress gasket
thermostat housing o-ring (leak)
thermostat

So when I get her back together, I will update with new pictures. And I will post a picture of the clutch master cyclinder. Mine doesn't appear to be leaking, it looks fine.

Users who are viewing this thread