FS: 2003 Twin Turbo Cobra/ White/ 23k Original miles

YelOSnake

LEAVE IN A CLOUD OF SMOKE
Established Member
Very nice setup man, just curious why you stayed with 58s for the turbos? I have a very similar engine setup done by hpp racing, we went with 6262 precision same style you have, ceramic ball bearing billet wheel but we used a v band inlet housing for quick spool up. Car hasn't put numbers down yet but should be tuned within the next week or so... Breaking in the clutch now. Just curious why you stayed that small, not that the numbers aren't healthy! Really we could probably push 64s with the right exhaust housing.

whitevenum

Auto 1000whp= Insanity
Established Member
Very nice setup man, just curious why you stayed with 58s for the turbos? I have a very similar engine setup done by hpp racing, we went with 6262 precision same style you have, ceramic ball bearing billet wheel but we used a v band inlet housing for quick spool up. Car hasn't put numbers down yet but should be tuned within the next week or so... Breaking in the clutch now. Just curious why you stayed that small, not that the numbers aren't healthy! Really we could probably push 64s with the right exhaust housing.
Thanks a lot man
The new series 5858 from precision are not to be confused with the 5757. Its a whole different animal. They make close to the power of the 6262 but spool time is greatly reduced and when the boost comes on its a smoother delivery and doesn't blow the tires of the ground. For the street its a better turbo. Im in boost at 2800 rpms vs. 3900-4000 with the 6262. If your just looking to roll race at high mph and spend a lot of time at the track the 62 is a better chose. If your more street the 58 is superior. Every built mustang I raced with bigger turbos lost to my car from a dig and roll by a lot. Just proves for the street the 58 is better. I did talk to someone I know at precision before I ordered them, it was an obvious chose. A lot of people make the mistake to put large turbos on there car and doing so in most cases make the car essentially worthless on the road but impressive on the dyno.

henchmen3

Established Member
Guess your going to keep it. Not going to get $38k, not even $30k imo. Gl tho

whitevenum

Auto 1000whp= Insanity
Established Member
Im not worried about it. Ive gotten plenty of offers well over 30 and they still stand. What you think doesn't matter, don't be sour because I turned your offer down.

Last edited:

Nightmare302

OhChuteRacing Owner
Established Member

These type of cars are for only a certain type of buyer. They are not meant for people who need to get loans, they cost money to maintain. They are meant for someone who wants the best money has to offer and wants to save half off what building the car from a stock car would cost. They stay for sale for awhile and only those that NEED to sell would let a car like this go for under 30k.

whitevenum

Auto 1000whp= Insanity
Established Member
These type of cars are for only a certain type of buyer. They are not meant for people who need to get loans, they cost money to maintain. They are meant for someone who wants the best money has to offer and wants to save half off what building the car from a stock car would cost. They stay for sale for awhile and only those that NEED to sell would let a car like this go for under 30k.

Exactly ^^
But the maintenance is not bad at all on this girl. Two oil changes a year and a set of spark plugs, that's it. Very affordable.

Last edited:

Oscar Sierra

Established Member
Hanging in there 10 more months and counting so that I can get back into a coupe LOL :burnout:I don't have space for a toy right now and fixing to relocate once all of that is out of the way along with the wedding we may be talking if this is still available. Free BUMP GLWS

Thanks Oscar, hope your marriage is going great my friend

whitevenum

Auto 1000whp= Insanity
Established Member
what differential cover is that. I see its billet with a brace as well. I need one like that on my coupe
That's actually an OEM one. Its just brand new. The parts around it are from maximum motorsports. Get everything they have for the IRS expect the coil overs ( unless your tracking the car because it will be stiff )

Users who are viewing this thread