FS: 2003 MUSTANG GT CONVERTIBLE - Triple Black - 5 speed - $3K in new parts!

JZNYCRealEstate

Established Member
For Sale:
2003 Ford Mustang GT Convertible
4.6L V8 - SOHC 2V
T3650 5 Speed Transmission
Triple Black!!

Only 75,000 miles!
Staggered deep dish bullitt wheels!
$3,000 worth of brand new parts!
Mostly stock, but tastefully modified!
GREAT running car for years to come.
Listen to the car, and hear the exhaust set-up here -
Asking $8,900

TONS of new parts on this car!
The only reason I'm selling is BECAUSE of the money I just poured into this thing. MY LOSS IS YOUR GAIN. Motivated to sell. No reasonable offer refused.

You're buying this car from an ASE certified, former auto technician. I know everything right and wrong with it. This is my 3rd New Edge GT Mustang and I know these cars, the 2v 4.6, and the T3650 that's in this thing VERY well. I also know what it's like buying a car off of forums or sight unseen (because I've done it before) so I'm going to disclose absolutely everything I know both good and bad.

Car is currently located in Missouri as I'm midway through a long road trip (Car currently has 73,700 miles, will have around 75,500 and be on a fresh oil change when I return to NYC), but will be back in early August, where it is garaged in Midtown Manhattan.

I am happy to ship the car anywhere in the lower 48 (for the right price) or personally deliver anywhere East of the Pacific time zone.

In the past three months alone:
BRAND NEW FRPP Stage 1 Clutch and Flywheel installed at 70k.
New Throwout bearing
New Pivot ball
New Pilot bearing
New Clutch Cable
New Input shaft
Trans fluid changed with 3.2 Quarts of Mobil 1 full synthetic at time of clutch swap (70,000 miles)
Full differential rebuild!
Ford Racing 3.55 Gears
Fresh Royal Purple 75w140 gear oil with rebuild at 72k
New pinion bearing
New shims
New crush sleeves
New axle bearings
New ring and pinion
Brand new OEM rear rotors and brake pads
New fuel filter.
Hydraulic fluid for the convertible top recently bled and refilled.
New hydraulic lift arms for the top so she goes up and down with ease.

There's over $3,000 worth of brand new parts on this car and she runs SO well. I just drove this car across the entire country so I know how she feels inside and out - wouldn't hesitate to take her on another long road trip across the entire US again tomorrow.

Wheel tire set up:
Front 18x9 with 275/35/18
Tread is 8/10
Rear 18x10 with 285/35/18
Tread is 8/10
Could go wider if you wanted!
Wheels are an 8/10 on appearance. Previous owner put some curb rash on them and unfortunately someone used an acid based cleaner once that eroded a couple spots on the wheel finish. Not my doing at all. Not hyper noticeable unless you're up on the wheels. Could easily be refinished.

Exhaust Set Up:
Stock Manifolds
Stock H Pipe (recently passed emissions in April)
Pypes M80 Weld In resonators
Loud enough to be noticed when you want to, quiet enough to still be subtle when you need to be.
Recently wet sanded and polished the tips.

Motor:
Bone stock
Tuned for 91 Octane at time of gear calibration from the diff rebuild.

Paint on the car is an 8/10. Car has a couple spots with some nicks, dings, and scratches, but overall she looks really good, especially for being a life long New England car.

So here's the not as good:
*Car could probably use a good paint correction and a skilled detailer to bring the wheels and paint job back to show quality. She shines up really well when she's waxed and cleaned up, but the paint is certainly swirled and very mildly hazed in a few spots. Someone used a rotary on the car who didn't know what they were doing so there are a few holograms in a couple spots. Can't notice it unless you're right on top of it looking for it. Being detail oriented though, just something to note.
*Headlights could use a quick wet sand and polish as well as an adjustment.
*Little bumper scuffs on the rear bumper (city parking on occasion) and minor spider webbing on the back corner. Can't notice it until you're up close and personal with it. Just want to disclose it. Pictured below.
*Car needs a new top. She's getting just a little bit of leakage when it rains but it's a cheap and easy fix - they're $180 new on AmericanMuscle with free shipping. She's garage kept and doesn't come out in the rain so I haven't really concerned myself I just didn't want to pour even more money into this thing.

Have a clean CarFax to go with the car. I'm the third owner. Car had one front end accident forever ago (in 2004). She's not a show car. But she will get you where you want to go reliably, and get you compliments at every turn. I cannot take this car out of the garage in the city without a thumbs up or a spoken compliment every time I drive it. You can have that too!!

Willing to ship, or deliver anywhere within a few hundred miles for the right buyer and the right price.

Asking $8900.

Make me an offer and let's talk. I'm very motivated to sell and sell fast, and cash speaks volumes.

Serious buyers only please.

13466108_10206496364590961_758986941635583880_n_zps6m1mqdp8.jpg

unnamed-3_zpsrnuoiibo.jpg

unnamed-4_zpsmiiles6y.jpg

unnamed-5_zpskni1kcku.jpg

unnamed_zpsuguay3s6.jpg

unnamed-6_zps7iwb7en9.jpg

unnamed-13_zps7bbc0lcs.jpg

unnamed-14_zpsd1vyici3.jpg

unnamed-9_zpsgp53nt3m.jpg

unnamed-12_zpsz2ubadnq.jpg

unnamed-11_zpsnjbtlaus.jpg

unnamed-10_zpsaiofuxkz.jpg

unnamed-17_zpsdaipzra1.jpg

unnamed-16_zpsfnkg9q9z.jpg

unnamed-15_zpsvmkublg3.jpg

unnamed-8_zpsxptvttmn.jpg

unnamed-2_zpshqorsseq.jpg

Last edited:

likuid_inc

Established Member
Nice stang, where in NY are you located? Every Sunday morning theres a car meet at Jones Beach by OBI.. Im sure you could network and find some interested parties over there. I have an 01 cobra and think you there would be mustang guys over there that might want your clean vert.. But if all else fails its a beautiful ride over there! Good luck with it man

JZNYCRealEstate

Established Member
BUMP. Making two garage payments and paying double insurance. It's got to go.
Come on y'all, where else can you find a 77,000 mile new edge with $4,000 in new parts for $6k?! Someone buy this thing.

Users who are viewing this thread