Edit: Pics are in post below

Mineral Grey 2003 Cobra 73,XXX Miles on car. Clean title. $21,000 obo

New engine (~10K miles)
New Driveshaft (~18k miles)
New Solid rear end Less then 10 miles on rear end with all new bearing
31 spline Moser Axles
Auburn Locker
4.10 Ford Motorsports gear
Pro 5.0 Shifter with Stock handle (Aluminum Shift knob)
K&N FIPK
(All mods put on at 70,000)
SCT X Cal 2 (Dynospeed Tune)
Redline Tuning hood struts
2.93 Billet Flow upper
Billet Flow Idlers (3 100’s and 1 90)
Mac Off road H
Flowmaster exhaust
Chrome FR 500’s 17x9 and 17x10.5
Nitto 555R Drag Radials
Bilstein Rear coilover kit
Car is lowered with coil over kit in rear and ½ coil off the front spring
SS COBRA inserts in rear bumper cover
Speed of Sound pillar pod
Cobalt Fuel Pressure and Boost
15% tint on side windows
5% on rear ¼ windows and rear glass
Front bumper cover repainted this week
Front and Rear brakes ~3000 miles ago

I'm the 3rd owner. I used it as a daily driver when I bought it at 62,000 miles for about 6mths. At 70,000 the car went into storage for the winter. At that point and time I did the mods to it. No mechanical problems. I've always changed the oil every 3k miles (Mobile 1). Interior is excellent.

The car had a K&N FIPK and an MGW Shifter when I bought it. Clutch was replaced (TOB was bad) at 44,XXX Rear end was done about the same time by Ford to fix The Vibe. On the stock tune it dyno'd at 357rwhp, 377rwtq. With the pulley and exhaust on the first pull to 5,000rpm it made 450 and 470, but it was rich. Once the tune was dead on, the car was heat soaked and it was 95 degrees in the shop it made 440rwhp and 460rwtq. I took the car to the drag strip once, it went 12.80 at 118mph. It had a 2.30 60’, with the 118mph it should be a low 12 or high 11 sec car if you can get it to leave.

I've been trying to hold off selling for a long time but I need to go ahead and do it now for multiple reasons: 1) I have a kid on the way, 2) I am looking for a house, and 3) I need a truck, and much, much more!

I've not molested the car in any way...I love it and it's been very reliable for me. I'm not desperate to sell. If you're able, I highly recommend coming to look at it and drive it - I DO NOT WANT THE BUYER UNHAPPY WITH THE PURCHASE. PM me for more pictures and/or questions if you're interested.

Last edited:

96cobra8u

mystic slobra
Established Member
Hey just curious but why does it have a new motor in it?

Also I live in just south of nashville, not 100% sure but cordova is around memphis right?

junk94

Blow thru's dont work
Established Member
Just before I bought it the previous owner noticed smoke on start up. He took it to Ford and they could not find the reason for the smoke, so they did a compression test. It was down compression on two cyl's, he didnt like that, so they stuck a new motor in it. The motor only had ~150 miles on it when I bought it

Cordova is just east of Memphis. I could be relocating to NW Indiana for work, and I am orginally from East Central IL. We can work something out on getting the car to the buyer

junk94

Blow thru's dont work
Established Member
PICT1624.jpg

PICT1615.jpg

PICT1610.jpg

PICT1607.jpg

You can see the front cover here, it is FIXED now. The holes are also filled in where the front plate was.
PICT1605.jpg

l_d7d4455dfec5b667c6ffad225df46684.jpg

l_673bbc25b14dd3e81648dad278b6ae88.jpg

BLK_VNM

Established Member
is the new rear end a solid or a new irs? whyd u replace the rear and drive shaft? do you have the papers from ford to verify the new engine and mileage it was put in at? was it just a new short block or a complete long block that was put in?

junk94

Blow thru's dont work
Established Member
drksniper said:
is the new rear end a solid or a new irs? whyd u replace the rear and drive shaft? do you have the papers from ford to verify the new engine and mileage it was put in at? was it just a new short block or a complete long block that was put in?

The paper work was suppose to come with the car, but I never got it. The motor is clean not like a 7X,XXX motor. It was a complete motor Blower to Pan.

The IRS is still under the car. The dealer was chasing the vibration so they put in a new drive shaft, when that didnt fix it, they put a IRS under it. This was all done prior to me owning the car. I bought it with ~62XXX on it.

Anyone work for Ford want to pull the VIN up to see the work done?

Last edited:

BLK_VNM

Established Member
i might be interested if you can find the paper work for the work done by ford and an invoice of the engine and stuff. you should try calling the dealership where the work was done and give the vin and try and get a copy of that stuff. let me know if you get it.

junk94

Blow thru's dont work
Established Member
BLK_VNM said:
i might be interested if you can find the paper work for the work done by ford and an invoice of the engine and stuff. you should try calling the dealership where the work was done and give the vin and try and get a copy of that stuff. let me know if you get it.

I'll see what I can do

Here is the VIN: 1FAFP48Y93F302689

Gix1k4

Established Member
junk94, hope you don't mind that I ran an oasis report on the car. I think it'll help with your sale to show what work was done since you don't have the paperwork. Looks like a good car to me, most of the work was minor except for the engine. Basically the old engine had 140psi compression on cyl#5 and oil contamination in cyl#1. Leak down test indicated that cyl#5 had exhaust valve leak. Parts list shows part#2R3Z 6006AARM- Engine assembly/Bare-short block.

Click the pics to read for yourself.

BLK_VNM

Established Member
junk94 said:
The paper work was suppose to come with the car, but I never got it. The motor is clean not like a 7X,XXX motor. It was a complete motor Blower to Pan.

well according to that oasis report it wasnt a full motor blower to pan it was just a short block which means all the accessories and the blower have over 70k miles on them. thanks for answering the questions but im out for the current price.

junk94

Blow thru's dont work
Established Member
BLK_VNM said:
well according to that oasis report it wasnt a full motor blower to pan it was just a short block which means all the accessories and the blower have over 70k miles on them. thanks for answering the questions but im out for the current price.

If your interested shoot me a PM, we can get something worked out. I found another vehicle

junk94

Blow thru's dont work
Established Member
New Price

I found a truck I want...

Car is in East Central IL for the winter, 61834

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread