FS: 2002 Lightning, built engine 11.7@124 (Upstate New York)

skorost

Established Member
Perfect condition... 4k miles on engine. Has all performance/engine modifications completed short of Blower/fuel injectors. I'll try to list everything it has but will probably forget some. I've done everyything I can to prep this truck for a KB/Whipple/Steg upgraded blower. It's up to the new owner to make it a 10 second Lightning. I am selling one of my two performance vehicles so baby can get new shoes ;>) Decided to keep the Cobra. Will try to get pix soon.

Runs 11.7@124 (heavy)
Here's a video of this truck in a bracket race:11.86@120mph Didn't realize the other guy red-lined and let off when I overtook him.

Includes extra wheels and slicks.

27k OBO

Details:
JDM Tuned (2 chips: street and race)
488 RW HP / 620RW TQ (with Dyno sheets)
Built longblock w/ CNC ported heads,CP Pistons, Manley Rods, Stage 3 Crower Cams only 4k miles on it!
Full Kooks exhaust: Longtubes, mids with cats, and dual muffler catback
Cold air kit
Electric fan
Fuidyne IC Heat exchanger
6lbs Lower Pulley / 2.73 Reichard Racing upper Pulley
Extra idler pulleys
Phenolic Spacers
170 Tstat
extrude honed ported upper plenum
single blade throttle body
Factory Tech transmission valve body
Precision Industry Torque Converter
4x4 tranny pan
Rancho traction bars
2" drop shackles
bedrug
Mobile 1 every 3k
20% tint
JL Audio Amp
Boston Acoustics Speakers
Bazooka Sub woofer
Sirrius Radio
4 Winter Wheels with tires / interchangable for Slicks (Hoosiers Included)
002.jpg

001.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

005.jpg

006.jpg

007.jpg

skosig2.jpg

Last edited:

DaveG

Established Member
JDM built engine or JDM tuned?? AWESOME TRUCK!! Do you think you would run low 12's on F1s?

skorost

Established Member
DaveG said:
JDM built engine or JDM tuned?? AWESOME TRUCK!!

It comes with 2 JDM tunes on superchips... street/race.

DaveG said:
Do you think you would run low 12's on F1s?

It would be close.... depends if you can keep the 60ft under 2 ... But I am including wheels and slicks for you.

Last edited:

skorost

Established Member
dawgcobra said:
hi, did jdm build the motor?

No, JDM did not build this motor. ;-)

I had my machinist build and assemble the motor in-full and deliver it to my mechanic's place of business. It runs very strong and only has about 4k miles on it. It's only driven on nice days and very infrequently, just to get her legs running every now and then. This is a nice truck and a great opportunity for someone to pick up a perfectly streetable and ready race Lightning. It's fully prepared and configured to handle an upgrade supercharger like KB or Whipple.

Last edited:

dawgcobra

Established Member
trying to sell my 04 cobra. when i do i'll get back with you. could you give me a phone # to reach you. thanks charles

skorost

Established Member
dawgcobra said:
trying to sell my 04 cobra. when i do i'll get back with you. could you give me a phone # to reach you. thanks charles

PM sent with contact information. Good luck selling the Cobra.

skorost

Established Member
stangd1909 said:
TTT for ya!

Very nice truck......do the girls come with it? LOL

Well... girls do indeed come with it, but these are just an example of what happens when you show it :banana:

Comon somebody sign up to take on this beauty please... make an offer.

skorost

Established Member
Lord Tauk said:
Free bump for a nice truck.
Why thank you :-D

Ok folks... the price is now at $23,400.00 ... a great buy for a built Lightning. I'm going to relist it on Ebay for bidding purposes and will post the new link shortly.

skorost

Established Member
onefiine69 said:
How much was it driven in the snow?

I doesn't drive in the snow... too much torque. The included snow tires were for those months when I could get caught at work after having snowed. However, I drove my Expedition to work and only had to take the Lightning in once or twice on days when the baby had pediatrician appointments. So ... to answer your question I can think of 3 or 4 times since I've owned it when I'd been caught in an inch or two of snow in Virginia but never in New York. (note: no salt is used in VA) By the way, all the work was done at a shop close to you... in Manassas.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread