FS: 2 Bilstein sport valved shocks

Bionik_P

Established Member
BE5-2959.jpg

These are brand new Bilstein sport valved shocks. They were taken out of the box because originally the shop that was doing the install thought I was given the wrong shocks in my original order. These shocks have never been installed, only taken out of the box. Maximum Motorsports lists these for $119.95 each. I'm selling them both for $220 shipped. Part number is: MB-2959-S1. If there are any questions just let me know.

Last edited:

Bionik_P

Established Member
No these are actually one step up from the stock Bilsteins. They would really compliment a set of H&R Race springs. That's the combination I have on my car right now.

tim87tr

Maximum Torque Mission
Established Member
description

Bionik_P said:
These are great for that IRS upgrade!
I looked on MM, and it doesn't give any info. I am getting ready to install the complete IRS bushing upgrade, and have H&R lowering springs, but I'm not sure if they are race version? Maybe there is only one version?

Are these shocks adjustable or just a heavy duty type to complement the lowered car and upgraded IRS bushings? I was told the stock Bilsteins were good shocks, so I am just trying to figure out the difference in what these accomplish. I don't want to install something that changes the stance of the car either.

Bionik_P

Established Member
tim87tr said:
I looked on MM, and it doesn't give any info. I am getting ready to install the complete IRS bushing upgrade, and have H&R lowering springs, but I'm not sure if they are race version? Maybe there is only one version?

Are these shocks adjustable or just a heavy duty type to complement the lowered car and upgraded IRS bushings? I was told the stock Bilsteins were good shocks, so I am just trying to figure out the difference in what these accomplish. I don't want to install something that changes the stance of the car either.

First off, it depends on what H&R springs you have. There are H&R Sports and H&R race springs. The race springs, despite the name, will lower the car less than the sport springs because they are stiffer. If you don't want to install anything that changes the stance of the car, then you shouldn't install the springs in the first place. The springs change the stance of the car, not the shocks/struts.

I have the H&R race springs. I talked to MM on the phone and asked them what shocks would compliment the H&R race springs the best for a daily driver and they said either the HD Bilstein shocks or the Bilstein sport valved shocks. If you have a coupe, you can technically put the springs in without changing your shocks/struts. Many Cobra owners have done this with no problems. I personally don't agree with that route, but to each his own. I changed my shocks/struts because I had a vert, which has differently valved shocks/struts on it compared to the coupe.

If you have any other questions just let me know.

tim87tr

Maximum Torque Mission
Established Member
Bionik_P said:
First off, it depends on what H&R springs you have. There are H&R Sports and H&R race springs. The race springs, despite the name, will lower the car less than the sport springs because they are stiffer. If you don't want to install anything that changes the stance of the car, then you shouldn't install the springs in the first place. The springs change the stance of the car, not the shocks/struts.

I have the H&R race springs. I talked to MM on the phone and asked them what shocks would compliment the H&R race springs the best for a daily driver and they said either the HD Bilstein shocks or the Bilstein sport valved shocks. If you have a coupe, you can technically put the springs in without changing your shocks/struts. Many Cobra owners have done this with no problems. I personally don't agree with that route, but to each his own. I changed my shocks/struts because I had a vert, which has differently valved shocks/struts on it compared to the coupe.

If you have any other questions just let me know.
I should have been more clear in my post. My car is a coupe and came with the H&R springs, and I love the lowered stance, but don't know what version springs they are. I know they are black in color. I can email the previous owner to find out if I need to. I do have the stock rear shocks, so it sounds like you are saying I can add the sport valves you're selling as an upgrade.

Bionik_P

Established Member
Ah, ok that makes sense. The H&R race are red and the H&R sports are black. I can't comment on what shocks would best be mated with the H&R sport, but I can guarantee that if you call MM, Lethal Performance, or another reputable shop, they can tell you if the Bilstein sport valved shocks would be too much or not enough for the H&R sport springs. Sorry I can't help you more, but if one of those shops say the H&R sport springs can be mated with the Bilstein sports, let me know.

tim87tr

Maximum Torque Mission
Established Member
Bionik_P said:
Ah, ok that makes sense. The H&R race are red and the H&R sports are black. I can't comment on what shocks would best be mated with the H&R sport, but I can guarantee that if you call MM, Lethal Performance, or another reputable shop, they can tell you if the Bilstein sport valved shocks would be too much or not enough for the H&R sport springs. Sorry I can't help you more, but if one of those shops say the H&R sport springs can be mated with the Bilstein sports, let me know.
OK, thanks. I'll see if they are open tomorrow, or else talk with them Monday. I'm waiting on an email from an open track guy, so I can find out that way also, and prefer his opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread