FS: 1998 Cobra Convertible, 44K miles, Laser red, 99% stock

black96snake

Established Member
I'm listing this car for a good friend of mine. He is a stand up guy and always takes excellent care of his cars. He's the kind of guy who washes his car in the rain! His stepdad had a detail shop so he knows how to clean/detail a car. He is selling only because he needs something with more room. Please direct all questions to him, his name is Richard.

His description:

1998 Mustang Cobra Convertible

Color: Laser Red Paint/ Black Top/ Black Interior
Mileage: 44,000
Price: $13,575

This is a fantastic car that has been babied. This “Laser” red convertible has a beautiful black top and a very clean black interior. There are only 44,000 miles on this STOCK original motor. Since I purchased it last November I’ve put roughly 12,000 miles on it so you can see that the low mileage occurred before I owned the car. These extremely low miles came as the result of one of our fellow Americans serving our country. He was in the Army and stationed in Afghanistan for over three years. So the car had very little time on the road during that period.

Mods are minimal and they include full length painted sub-frame connectors, PRO 5.0 short through shifter, and very subdued Flowmaster mufflers. The mufflers give it that nice grumble at idle. Mechanically it’s running perfect.

This car has seen very little outdoor exposure since I’ve owned it. It stays parked in a parking deck all day during the week and some on the weekends. The top is in good condition with minimal points of wear. The rear glass was replaced before I purchased it. Flaws are minimal with normal driving wear on the front end from the occasional bug or small rock.

Never been wrecked with a clean Carfax report to prove it. There are only a few small issues to be pointed out. One is the wear on the top of the steering wheel. This just started recently and I can’t figure out why. A small door ding on the back left quarter panel which is hardly noticeable. If this says anything, I didn’t even notice this ding when I purchased it. There are no other door dings other than this one. Both doors are dent free!!!

Interior is flawless with zero cracking in the leather, dash is mint; original shifter knob still looks great!! Only wear showing on the interior is on the top of the steering wheel and the volume buttons on the radio. Radio and CD player work perfectly though the tape player is not functional.

All in all I’d have to say you’ll have a hard time finding another Cobra like this one. Low miles, almost zero mod’s, and extremely clean make it quite the opportunity for the next owner!!

If you are interested in seeing the car or hearing more about it, please contact me (Richard) on my cell phone, 205-413-2357. FYI, the car is located in Birmingham, Alabama.

I look forward to talking with you!!

I will foward questions posted here to Richard and let him answer them. I will also vouch for him and say that the car is just as he has described it. He will take some more pictures soon, and I'm sure that he can send high quality pics to anyone who is interested.

richardscobraleft.gif

richardscobrabackleft.gif

richardscobrafrontright.gif

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
WOW, That is pretty much exactly what I was looking for about a month ago. Still have my truck tho, i will subscribe to this thread and see what happens with the car.

Chris

black96snake

Established Member
Chris Benvie said:
WOW, That is pretty much exactly what I was looking for about a month ago. Still have my truck tho, i will subscribe to this thread and see what happens with the car.

Chris

Chris, keep your eye on this thread! Are you in the process of selling your truck?

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
Yea, still working on selling the truck, lots of interest, but i wasnt really in a rush to sell, but now i have seen a few cobras that have really peaked my interest.

98_Cobra_Conv't

Hey guys, here are the other pics that I've taken of the car. Let me know if you have any questions. I'd love to talk to you about the car! It's a fantastic car that's in great shape!

IMG_0232-1024.gif

IMG_0229-1024.gif

IMG_0228-1024.gif

IMG_0236-1024.gif

IMG_0235-1024.gif

IMG_0237-1024.gif

IMG_0239-1024.gif

IMG_0240-1024.gif

IMG_0244-1024.gif

IMG_0243-1024.gif

IMG_0242-1024.gif

IMG_0241-1024.gif