FS 1997 Rio Red Cobra- Kenne Bell

WOT 88

Established Member
I didn't anticipate selling this car so quickly but circumstance calls. Recently bought a new home and went way over budget on some remodeling that had to be done. Also just had to replace both central A/C's.

I bought the car from a classic car dealer here locally but according to everything I have discovered, it was originally built by a guy out of Stuart FL that primarily used it to attend shows. The car was featured in a few mustang publications over the years and was seemingly well taken care of. It currently has 31,600 miles. The car runs and drives great. I haven't taken it to the track or otherwise, when it does get driven its just to work and back. I replaced the front seal, water pump and had the alternator rebuild. Other than that I haven't had any issues.

Features

* aluminum block
* VT Stroker crank
* eagle rods
* cp pistons
* ferrea valves with comp springs
* ported heads by Al Pappito
* Crane Regrinds (specs unknown)
* Accufab TB
* Kenne Bell SC
* Kenne Bell boost a spark
* FMS IMRC deletes
* Billet oil pump with Canton/FMS 7qt pan
* Walbro with 42lb injectors
* Visteon Aluminum radiator
* T56 conversion
* Aluminum driveshaft
* Autometer gauges
* Recaro Seats
* Misc Steeda suspension components
* Full length headers, H pipe and flowmasters

I'm sure there are some things I'm missing and I'll update as I recall. These are pictures from about 6 months ago when I bought it. I will get some better photos up in the next few days.

Asking $ 15,000

ed1d4b694614450c742a0372d68545b4.jpg

239baeaca2c87f7d8a318812387de253.jpg

bf0e254103bbe2c22bf538e20e133b58.jpg

8303d059672bd0422d05de85c081c5bc.jpg

ba735ae8fa4daa2e5daba0e06c6025b3.jpg

a24a92ec757bacb865003756f66f34a7.jpg

4734fdeedfe5520eb3d9b2db27586038.jpg

Last edited:

Wobbz

Terminated SVT Poster
Established Member
What a bad ass ride! Scared to even ask the price, however I'm sure it's out of my range. Absolutely Stunning car, GLWS.

IamRacerX

No brand loyalty rhetoric here.
Established Member
Any idea to what kind of power it makes? Also that milege is on the new gauges? Any idea what the car has and what the build has? I see you arent to far away either...Thanks!

WOT 88

Established Member
Any idea to what kind of power it makes? Also that milege is on the new gauges? Any idea what the car has and what the build has? I see you arent to far away either...Thanks!

There is a dyno sheet in the file that came with the car that shows a max run @ 408hp at 8lbs, with no meth. There was another sheet that showed a run at or close 500hp with a smaller pulley and meth but that sheet has been misplaced. My 3 year old is obsessed with trucks and cars and got into the folder I had, subsequently losing a few documents that originally came with the car.

As far as the mileage; the dealer claimed mileage was verified in the ecu. I would have no problem doing the same for a prospective buyer. From what I have found via carfax and other details in the publications, the car was originally owned by the builders sister in Indiana. He bought the car from her and brought in down with approx 9k miles. It looks like he had the car for quite a number of years before the engine was built but I can't really pinpoint the exact mileage. It's safe to say it was built somewhere after 10-15k miles.

When I bought the car, I found a registration under the seat with a woman's name on it. I looked the name up and found a fairly recent obituary. The car was apparently owned for awhile by a woman in her 50's that passed away from cancer. The place I bought it from specialized in estate sales of classic and exotic cars. I can only assume the car was sold off through her estate after she passed.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread