FS: 1996 Mystic Cobra Coupe 5 speed $4300

vettez062002

baller on a budget
Established Member
SOLD!!!!!!!!!!!

Lets get the most common questions out of the way...

Will I accept payments? NO
Will I meet you out of state (or hours away) so you can see the car? NO, I have 20+ pics and vids of the car, if you want I can email them
Will I accept a personal check? NO
Will I trade? sorry not looking to trade for anything unless you have a cobra with a blown motor you and a hefty amount of cash to add, or a 05+ aquatrax or gp1300r
Will I ship? YES at buyers expense. I will hold the car and store it in the garage until your carrier can pick it up, I will overnight you the title once I recieve payment in full. NO COD!
Will I hold the car for a few days if you send a paypal deposit and need a few days for your bank? YES

Notice: if you leave a deposit on this vehicle and something falls apart on YOUR END, YOU WILL FORFIT YOUR DEPOSIT!

this is a copy/paste of my Craigslist add. I have lowered my price for the svtperformance guys to my bottom doller to save us both time. Here is the whole story...

Clean carfax. 4 owner, never been hit, guy I bought it since had it since 105K and took very good care of the drivetrain. I am really shocked this car runs as good as it does. the motor is very strong, no knocks, ticks, leaks, or anything. fires right up. no miss or low idle. everything seams to work as it should, no check engine light.

I picked the car up needing a rear end... it still moved around the parking lot but I believe a axle is snapped.
EDIT: It ended up being a busted crush washer and bearings whiped out.

this car is not finished yet. I just got it yesterday but it will be done very soon. within a week... so I wanted to get it up for sale asap to find it a good home. the rear is being replaced with a fresh rebuilt 8.8 with 3.55s from a sn95.
EDIT: the car is done. Entire rear installed along with 2 new calipers, fresh fluid, and brand new brake pads.The only two things I dont really have time to mess with is the drivers window needs to be put back on the track and the aftermarket radio doesnt power on.

Up for sale is a 1996 ford mustang cobra coupe. With the very rare factory mystic paint. this is a true real cobra and it a true mystic car from the factory.

This car runs and drivers extremely well. Shifts smooth. No leaks, knocks, ticks Ect.

Clean title in hand!! Clean carfax!

Basic info
1996 mustang cobra coupe
5 speed manual trans
3:55 gears fresh rebuilt
Ford racing king cobra clutch kit
166k miles
Fresh oil change
Fresh trans fluid change

Interior:
Factory stock black leather seats are in very good condition. No rips or tears and nomal wear for its age.

Mods:
Bbk long tube headers
Catted Hpipe
Flowmaster catback
K@n intake filter
H@r lowering springs
Pro 5.0 shifter

The bad:
As a 16 yr old car that got a LOT of sun... The paint is fading on the front and rear bumpers. The fenders, hood, trunk and doors are still in great shape and shine well. The roof has been painted (plasti dipped) flat black and looks very good!

DSC00440.gif

DSC00441.gif

DSC00442.gif

DSC00443.gif

DSC00444.gif

DSC00445.gif

DSC00456.gif

DSC00457.gif

DSC00454.gif

DSC00455.gif

DSC00450.gif

DSC00449.gif

DSC00451.gif

DSC00447.gif

DSC00453.gif

DSC00452.gif

DSC00460.gif

DSC00461.gif

DSC00462.gif

DSC00471.gif

DSC00424.gif

DSC00425.gif

DSC00426.gif

DSC00427.gif

DSC00419.gif

DSC00421.gif

DSC00422.gif

DSC00430.gif

DSC00432.gif

DSC00417.gif

DSC00428.gif

DSC00433.gif

DSC00434.gif

DSC00436.gif

DSC00437.gif

IMAG0454.gif

IMAG0454.gif

Vids: sorry I dont know why it wont let me inbed..
1996 Mystic Cobra For sale - YouTube

VIDEO0011 - YouTube
Please call or text with any questions
610-587-7149
Thanks
Kevin

disclaimer... this vehicle is being described to the absolute best of the sellers ability. This vehicle is sold in "as is" condition, there is no warranty expressed or impied in anyway.

Last edited:

cobraman1024

Waiting to be Blown....
Established Member
Not a bad price for a Mystic. I paid $7500 for mine 4 years ago.
What happened to the roof, besides sun damage to the paint, that it got so bad that it needed to be rattle-canned in flat black? Any rust where the windshield meets the roof?

I do have to say though, it is a pretty dickish move to tell people that you're keeping their deposit if something happens that they can't follow through on the rest of the payment----what exactly did you do to earn that deposit? Holding the car and someones deposit for a few days so they can come up with the rest of the money doesn't mean you've earned that deposit for keeps.

vettez062002

baller on a budget
Established Member
Not a bad price for a Mystic. I paid $7500 for mine 4 years ago.
What happened to the roof, besides sun damage to the paint, that it got so bad that it needed to be rattle-canned in flat black? Any rust where the windshield meets the roof?

I do have to say though, it is a pretty dickish move to tell people that you're keeping their deposit if something happens that they can't follow through on the rest of the payment----what exactly did you do to earn that deposit? Holding the car and someones deposit for a few days so they can come up with the rest of the money doesn't mean you've earned that deposit for keeps.

thanks. the only damage is the clear coat basically being gone. It was really weird. I washed the car yesterday before plasti dipping it... as soon as the water hit the roof... the mystic color popped right out like it brand new. there is NO rust anywhere on this car. the reason I choose to plasti dip is because whoever buys the car can easily pull off the plasti dip and do whatever they want with it.

I know its a little harsh. but when you buy and sell things a lot. you deal with a LOT of people wasting your time. a Lot of tire kickers, people who talk game without having a dime to there name saying they have cash.. then a week later then cant get a car loan.. or they wanna meet asap.. but then you find out they need to sell there GT first.. it just avoids headaches really. the main reason thats there is because I had a guy (out of my state and far away) I spend a few hours taking extra pics, vids, underbody pics (that wasnt a big deal) he said he had cash in hand, just needed time to figure out getting here or shipping it ect. I said no biggie.. send me a small deposit, Ill pull it off the market and we can figure things out... a week later, he send me $500 deposit.. (this is for a $30,000 car mind you).... 4 weeks go by of him saying everything is good, just gotta get off work.. then the whole cash in hand deal turns out to be his bank wont give him a loan... he has his gf text me saying this... I was beat for over a month. I could of sold the car a number of times. I turned down many people that really did have cash.. If your a straight serious buyer.. there wont be any problems.

1stanglover

Ready to see tail lights?
Established Member
I know its a little harsh. but when you buy and sell things a lot. you deal with a LOT of people wasting your time. a Lot of tire kickers, people who talk game without having a dime to there name saying they have cash.. then a week later then cant get a car loan.. or they wanna meet asap.. but then you find out they need to sell there GT first.. it just avoids headaches really. the main reason thats there is because I had a guy (out of my state and far away) I spend a few hours taking extra pics, vids, underbody pics (that wasnt a big deal) he said he had cash in hand, just needed time to figure out getting here or shipping it ect. I said no biggie.. send me a small deposit, Ill pull it off the market and we can figure things out... a week later, he send me $500 deposit.. (this is for a $30,000 car mind you).... 4 weeks go by of him saying everything is good, just gotta get off work.. then the whole cash in hand deal turns out to be his bank wont give him a loan... he has his gf text me saying this... I was beat for over a month. I could of sold the car a number of times. I turned down many people that really did have cash.. If your a straight serious buyer.. there wont be any problems.[/QUOTE]

Agree 100 percent. GLWS.

KidK9

Established Member
It's his car. He can sell it however he wants. If you don't like the terms of the deal, don't take him on it.

If he wants to sell it for $4300 plus a deposit that you could potentially lose and oh by the way, you need to throw in some asparagus and a baked potato when you pick it up...well, that's the terms of the sale....

vettez062002

baller on a budget
Established Member
It's his car. He can sell it however he wants. If you don't like the terms of the deal, don't take him on it.

If he wants to sell it for $4300 plus a deposit that you could potentially lose and oh by the way, you need to throw in some asparagus and a baked potato when you pick it up...well, that's the terms of the sale....

well I want and am firm at $4300 grand total. it doesnt matter if you send me $500 deposit and pick it up with 3800 in cash or however you wanna work it.

pms replied again.. looks like it wont be much longer till its gone...
:beer:

red9450

Established Member
thanks. the only damage is the clear coat basically being gone. It was really weird. I washed the car yesterday before plasti dipping it... as soon as the water hit the roof... the mystic color popped right out like it brand new. there is NO rust anywhere on this car. the reason I choose to plasti dip is because whoever buys the car can easily pull off the plasti dip and do whatever they want with it.

I know its a little harsh. but when you buy and sell things a lot. you deal with a LOT of people wasting your time. a Lot of tire kickers, people who talk game without having a dime to there name saying they have cash.. then a week later then cant get a car loan.. or they wanna meet asap.. but then you find out they need to sell there GT first.. it just avoids headaches really. the main reason thats there is because I had a guy (out of my state and far away) I spend a few hours taking extra pics, vids, underbody pics (that wasnt a big deal) he said he had cash in hand, just needed time to figure out getting here or shipping it ect. I said no biggie.. send me a small deposit, Ill pull it off the market and we can figure things out... a week later, he send me $500 deposit.. (this is for a $30,000 car mind you).... 4 weeks go by of him saying everything is good, just gotta get off work.. then the whole cash in hand deal turns out to be his bank wont give him a loan... he has his gf text me saying this... I was beat for over a month. I could of sold the car a number of times. I turned down many people that really did have cash.. If your a straight serious buyer.. there wont be any problems.

Well said Kevin. Wayy too many people with champagne taste, and beer pocket books... lol

vettez062002

baller on a budget
Established Member
I'm really surprised this car is still for sale.

yup me too.

Ive had a list of excuses. Ive got the whole "I gotta sell my gt first" about 3 times...about 5 kids from UTI have met up with me. of course, no cash in hand. a few weeks ago some kid showed up on a bicycle saying his parents were getting him a car.. never heard from him again.. a amigo last week said deal.. then of course.. next day is no where to be found. It will go in time. im not sweating it. just suprised..

oh and I had a deposit on my rio red 97 cobra for over 3 weeks.. then the guy bails so thats back on the market too lol the 99 just showed up today. the shop is overpacked right now.. been a fun month.

also: I have 3 of the 4 center caps. previous owner lost one and just took the rest off. I have 3 that are back on the car and can take more pics if needed. I will also be throwing the car on the lift tonight and taking some under body for a potential buyer. Ill post them up here aswell

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread