FS: 1989 Notch V8 / 5 speed

SVTowner2B

Established Member
It's a 1989 Notch, Original V8, 5 Speed car, stock and original engine and tranny. Runs and shifts flawlessly. Interior is in very good shape with just some staining in the drivers carpet (completely covered with floor mats), Cruise control and fuel door button DO work, good ashtray door...lol. All of the A/C system except the compressor has been removed. Car is on Pony wheels with Brand new (as in still have the nubbs) tires. Just Passed Massachusetts inspection, and is registered, insured and driven.

I have replaced all of the following parts within the last 500 miles

Tubular K-member and A-arms................................650
Front coilovers 300lb springs..................................
Bilstein HD struts and Shocks.................................600
MM caster camber plates.......................................220
MM Lower rear control arms (Weightjacker) ..............225
Ford racing upper rear control arms..........................110
MM Full Length XL subframes- not yet installed..........130
MM Bumpsteer Kit- ..............................................150
03 Cobra Steering rack- .......................................175
MM Hybrid steering shaft-......................................220
Unequal length shorty headers................................175
off road H-pipe.............................................. ......150
3" Mac catback........................................... .........200
Brand New Hankook Tires Last Week........................540
New front Brake Pads ............................................35
Pony Wheels............................................ ............200
Heater Core.............................................. ............40
Tune up: Plugs wires Dist cap etc............................120
Battery........................................... .....................60
New Kenwood CD Player and Alpine Speakers..............425

All of this stuff was purchased new(only exception is the 03 rack with 28k on it), and installed all at once less than 500 miles ago.

The bad things about the car are:
1. Driver side Strut Tower is rusty, but repairable. The underneath of the car is in very good shape (no rusty floor pans or anything). And I already repaired two spots of surface rust on the rear wheel wells.
2. The engine leaks a bit of oil, i don't think it burns any. about a quart between changes. Not a big deal for me.

For someone with the time and skill to repair the strut tower in the future this would be a great car. Or if you have a 4 cylinder and are looking for a donor car. There are a LOT of brand new parts in this car that are worth my asking price by themselves.

Please PM or Post with any Questions.. $4000. with everything included. $2200. with the car returned to stock.
If it doesn't go anywhere, or if there is enough interest I will be parting it out.

052.gif

053.gif

KenCobra03

Factory Rated 390 HP, much more now
Established Member
Those are getting rare. I liked the notchbacks. Hope you sell soon!

SVTowner2B

Established Member
It's very clean other than the drivers side strut tower. I really just don't have the space, time, or money to go through with the project.

SVTowner2B

Established Member
getting a lot of offers around 3k.... I have more than that in parts in the last 2 months without the car itself

notchstang92

Spoolin'
Established Member
When you take into account the parts at around 4k, I don't think asking 4k for everything in a running driving and currently inspected notch is asking too much.

You may think its worth 4 grand but someone has to put another 1000-1500 or more into it to fix the rot on the car plus the 1/4 and fender. Now you are into a car for 5000-5500+ which that car isn't worth when compared to other comparable cars out there.

Good luck with the sale, but don't get frustrated if you sit on it long enough someone will probably pay your asking price.

SVTowner2B

Established Member
This is exactly why I said I would part it out or keep it and find a clean body, if it won't sell for the asking price or close to it. Obviously just the new parts in the car alone are worth more than 3,500. and have less than 500 miles on them. I don't expect to get out what I put into it, because obviously i paid for the car when i bought it.

To say it's worth 2 grand just means that your ignorant,

I could return it to stock, sell the aftermarket stuff for 2-3 grand, and still have a running driving coupe. that I could then sell for 2 grand. Don't be an ass, if that's what it's worth in your eyes then don't buy it. It's a jerk move to make a stupid comment in someones thread.

Someone with a clean 4 cyl body would be getting a great deal on everything they need to do a swap and get a ton of great aftermarket stuff too.
Someone who has the time and skill to reinforce the shock tower eventually would be getting a car that is definitely worth what I want.

Don't forget people... It isn't like the car is falling apart, and not driveable.. Bottom line is if you don't want it dont' buy it. I'll keep it and pay a few hundred bux for a 4 cyl and swap everything out.

SVTowner2B

Established Member
You may think its worth 4 grand but someone has to put another 1000-1500 or more into it to fix the rot on the car plus the 1/4 and fender. Now you are into a car for 5000-5500+ which that car isn't worth when compared to other comparable cars out there.

Good luck with the sale, but don't get frustrated if you sit on it long enough someone will probably pay your asking price.

or pay 800 bux for a clean 4 Cylinder and swap everything over. I know that this is not for everyone and that for 2-3 grand more you can buy one that doesn't need any body work, but if you already have a 4 cyl and your looking to get an engine, tranny, rear, clean grey and black interior, and all the stuff up top that I've put into this car, plus all the brakes, hardware, computer, etc. etc. etc.

Users who are viewing this thread