FS: 1988 Notch, blown 331 Built T5 in NC

tkiller

Established Member
Well, I bought the car off of this message board about a month ago. Less than that, actually. And I've fallen into a different project, which I could stand to put some more money into. I can do the project with what I have, but I could REALLY do it w/ $10,500 more. And this car's just going to sit in the garage for a long time anyways. I'm not entertaining any offers below $10,500, I'll just keep it and drive it once every 3 months or so. Here's the link to the previous sale:

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=443972

The car is definitely as advertised. I have the Carfax report and more pics, upon request. If I can figure out how to post them, I'll add them to this post. The previous owner was great to work with and provided most of the receipts, which I'll turn over to the new owner. Below is the mod list:

• Professionally tuned at Race Related in FL, very safe tune made 485/481 at the tires.
• Balanced 331 w/ DSS pro Lite pistons (9.3:1)
o The D.S.S. PRO BULLET 331 engineered to offer the perfect balance between race winning power and long term reliability. This engine is a great way to get Windsor power and torque without the expense of a 351 swap or the maintenance problems commonly associated with other stroker combinations. By using a 5.315” rod we are able to use a taller piston for increased stability, better ring seal and longer life. This custom piston also keeps the pin bore below the oil ring for proper oil control. With it’s superior rod/ piston design, excellent 1.63 rod ratio and an ideal ring package for power adders, the D.S.S. BULLET 331 SHORT BLOCK is by far the best performing, longest lasting stroker short block on the market

Race Prepped Production Block * Power Adder Ring Package * NEW! D.S.S. PRO LITE Forged Stroker Pistons * Forged Steel 5.315” Rods with ARP bolts * 3.25” Stroke Cast Steel or Forged crank * D.S.S. Stroker Main Support System *
Excellent 1.63 Rod Ratio

Each D.S.S. PRO BULLET 331 Short Block begins with a with a race prepped block that has been deck squared and equalized, precision bored and honed with torque plates and fitted with the D.S.S. Stroker Main Support System and custom ARP main studs. This combination includes New PRO LITE forged stroker pistons available for most aftermarket heads, premium Sealed Power/ Speed-Pro moly rings and TRW/ Federal Mogul bearings. We use Forged Steel 5.315” connecting rod with ARP bolts and a super strong, Cast Steel 3.25” stroke crank for the ultimate in strength and longevity. We offer optional compression ratios and cam and timing chain options, just tell us what you want and we’ll quote a combination for you. If you are looking for a stroker that makes 30 to 40 horsepower more than most larger stroker combinations and is equally at home on the street or strip, you need the bullet 331 short block.
• DSS Pro Lite 5.315 I beam rods (ARP rod bolts)
• DSS Level 10 block
• DSS main girdle
• DSS windage tray
• AFR 165 heads
o For the ultimate small block Ford street car, you’ve got to use AFR’s all new 165cc emissions legal cylinder heads. Unlike some aftermarket heads, AFR’s Ford head (CARB EO #250-3) fits all your stock components; no special parts are required! With 1.900 intake valves, 1.600” exhaust valve, and combustion chamber volumes of 58cc or 61cc, and 69cc exhaust ports, AFR’s new 165cc Ford head is perfect for 289 and 302 engines operating from idle to 6000 rpm. A 3/4” thick head deck makes the AFR head ideal for nitrous or blower applications. Will not accept rail rocker arms. Hardened push rods required with part numbers 1400 and 1402. Note: 1986 5.0L must have piston notched for clearance.

• ARP head studs
• ARP main studs
• E303 cam
• Scorpion 1.6 roller rockers
• FRPP pushrods
• 93 Cobra intake (box stock)
• 65MM throttle body
• Prof products SFI balancer
• 255LPH in tank pump
• Vortech T-rex aux pump
• Billet adjustable fuel pressure regulator
• Diablosport revolution switch chip (capable of running two custom tunes, I plan on keeping a 485 rwhp tune with the stock pulleys and having a 530-550 Rwhp tune with the 8" crank pulley and methanol)
• FRPP 42lb injectors (green top)
• 90mm Lightning mass air meter
• Billet MAF adapter
• 9" conical K&N
• Vortech S-Trim V2 SQ Supercharger
o Fits engines up to 680 horsepower
o Maximum airflow: 1,000 CFM
o Maximum boost pressure: 20 PSI
o Absolute maximum impeller speed: 50,000 RPM
o Adiabatic efficiency: 72%
o Available with straight or curved discharge and clockwise or counterclockwise rotation
o Part numbers below do not include drive pulley
o "Super Quiet" design
o 8.75" Wide, 9.44" Tall, 5.52" Deep (not including input shaft)
• 3.33/6.87 stock pulley combo (made 11.5 PSI)
• Have a Renegade 8" lower pulley (never installed)
• AFM Power Pipe
• Billet belt tensioner
• Flex-Lite S blade electric fan (2200 CFM)
o These computer engineered fans are some of the most efficient S-blade fans available, with 16'' models pulling up to 3000 CFM and drawing only 19.5 amps. That can help you save up to 17-horsepower while recovering up to 20lb. ft. of torque over belt-driven mechanical fans! The sweep-style blades are engineered for quiet, efficient air flow that pushes air as well as it pulls. The reinforced nylon shroud houses the powerful, reversible motor and can be mounted before or after the radiator with the included nylon mounting brackets.
• HD 3 core radiator
• MSD pro billet EFI distributor
• MSD superconductor wires
• Accel coil
• 1 5/8" shorty headers
• off road H-pipe
• 2 1/2" FlowMaster cat back (2 chamber)
• Ram SFI billet steel flywheel
• Spec stage3 clutch (26 spline)
• **650 HP Astro Performance A5 transmission (Super T5) (has 9310 A5 gear set, 9310 output shaft, steel bearing retainer, 26 spline input shaft, cluster support plate)** Click here for more info on the trans
• Pro 5.0 shifter
• Fiore billet quadrant and firewall adjuster
• FRPP aluminum driveshaft
• 8.8 with recent bearings, seals, trac loc clutches, and 3.27 gears (can install 3.55s)
• FRPP 5 lug rear axles and drums
• SN95 front brake conversion with BAER 13" front brakes (twin piston PBRs, same as Cobra/ Bullitt/ Mach1 fronts)
• D&D tubular K-Member, A-arms, and coil over kit
• Ground Pounder billet Castor and Camber plates
• Lakewood 90/10 struts and 50/50 shocks
• Mac upper and lower control arms
• Chrome 18" Deep Dish FR500s 18x9 and 18x10.5
• 2 gauge pillar pod with 2 5/8 Phantom gauges (water temp, oil pressure)
• Saleen white faced cluster with 200MPH speedometer (jumps, I think it needs a cable)
• 96 Cobra leather shift knob

Please feel free to PM me or send an email to [email protected].

cobra2798

I have no car
Established Member
This car has been on my must have list for over a year, man I wish I was ready to buy.:nonono: Ill be back in the game soon enough and if you still have it you can be sure ill be hittin you up.

tkiller

Established Member
This car has been on my must have list for over a year, man I wish I was ready to buy.:nonono: Ill be back in the game soon enough and if you still have it you can be sure ill be hittin you up.

Well, I'm not in a hurry. Give me a shout whenever you're ready. I also have a line on a couple hatchbacks, not mine, but good deals.

04SMGIIM3

انا خارج الكلبه
Established Member
Well, I'm not in a hurry. Give me a shout whenever you're ready. I also have a line on a couple hatchbacks, not mine, but good deals.

Would you mine passing on the line? I'm looking for a notch to swap my 408 out of my fox hatch.

04SMGIIM3

انا خارج الكلبه
Established Member
Have you or the previous owner made it out to the track in the car before? Curious to know 1/8th and 1/4 et and MPH.

tkiller

Established Member
Sorry, haven't been to the track. Don't believe the previous owner did either. If I don't find a buyer soon, I'll probably take it out and see.

tkiller

Established Member
03silver - if you'll post your email address, I'll send you some more pics. And if anyone else wants more pics, just let me know. Don't mind sending our pics.

Users who are viewing this thread