FS: 14" rear brake kit

Yagermeister

Established Member
I hope you keep making these as I have to finish my unexpected engine build so these have to wait a little

barspen

Established Member
Last edited:

cjuni

Established Member
Do you have these for an sn95 for the front brake set up, I was looking @ 2014 gt500 (15") front 6 piston set up but would need brackets.

jshrop6004

Established Member
Got these put on today:

28u60w3.jpg

Super easy install & looks great! Thanks Cale!

Joel S.

jpc42

Established Member
Hi Joel
How long to do the labour? 1h par wheel? What torque specs do you use for the adapter?
Thanks

jshrop6004

Established Member
Hi,

It took me about an hour per wheel but I am slow! :bored:

The most difficult part was compressing the caliper piston so it can accommodate the new brake pads(went with Hawk HPS). Because the parking brake is integrated in the caliper you have to compress & screw in the piston at the same time. I rented a tool from O'Reillys but it was still a pain to do. I read several articles about the procedure but none mentioned lubricating the rubber seal around the piston before you begin. The seal wanted to twist with the piston as it was turned, so I was afraid of tearing the seal. Did some searches specific to "caliper piston seals" and found out about greasing them so they would not twist up as the piston is rotated.

Also pretty hard to hold the caliper "upside down" as you attempt to screw in the piston with the short slider bar at the end of the tool as your only leverage. I ended up using channel locks to gain more leverage and save my hands.

As far as the torque I just snugged the adapters down as hard as I was comfortable with.

I am very pleased with the end result for what was gained versus money spent. I got the rotors from my local Ford dealership, they ran about $200. The pads came from Amazon for about $75. So with the adapters from Cale I got new and bigger rear brakes for around $400.

I seasoned the new pads by doing about 10 series of speeding up to around 45 MPH then slowing down to about 5 MPH without stopping(Fortunate to have a grammar school close by). This seats the new pads to the rotor. I think the braking is better and more responsive. Really like the Hawk pads as well so the next upgrade is going to be Hawk pads for the Brembo's up front.:pepper:

The upgrade is definitely worthwhile. Good luck if you decide to do it!:)

Airbound

Established Member
You can get the rotors from rock auto for these kits for 50$ a piece. Install takes 30 min tops as previously stated, I have had mine on for Almost a year and have had zero issues I!

jpc42

Established Member
Hi Cale, package just receive half an hour here in France
great communication with Cale Guys, parts look awesome, you can buy safely with him, great seller

must wait for the fitting, because snow outside there is snow and inside my garage it's to small

Users who are viewing this thread