FS: 13/14 GT500 OEM Oil Pan

RBB

Established Member
Bought this for a build, but ended up going aftermarket. Brand new 13/14 oil pan, 8.5 qt capacity. $300 shipped.
OP3.jpg OP1.jpg OP2.jpg

4rd Toys

Polishing my SVTs....
Established Member
Curious-

How hard is it to pull the OE steel pan & swapping this one in?

Guessing this will bolt up to the aluminum block on my 2012, right?

................................................................................................

To get around the pick-up assembly:

Guessing you would have to disconnect one [or both] of the motor mounts lift/shift the motor so the pan can slide out from the rear & pass the K-member?

Last edited:

RBB

Established Member
I know you want to sell this-

Which aftermarket unit did you end up going with?
Got a good deal on a MMR/Moroso aluminum pan somebody had laying around.

As far as bolting it up to your 2012 block it’s a direct fit, you would just need the longer 13/14 oil pan bolts (pan is deeper). Your guess is as good as mine on how to install it with the engine in. What you’re suggesting here makes sense to me assuming you don’t run into an issue we’re not thinking of.

Last edited:

4rd Toys

Polishing my SVTs....
Established Member
I was curious about this swap too & was going to ask in the GT500 section on how to go about replacing [or "pulling"] the oil pan while the motor, trans & k-member are intact.

I saw this youtube video & wonder IF I might get lucky by simply loosening the k-member bolts-

RBB

Established Member
I was curious about this swap too & was going to ask in the GT500 section on how to go about replacing [or "pulling"] the oil pan while the motor, trans & k-member are intact.

I saw this youtube video & wonder IF I might get lucky by simply loosening the k-member bolts-

You might, hard to say. Shoot me a PM if you’re serious about buying the pan.

RBB

Established Member

Dug this thread up for you, 4rd. This swap was on a 2008 GT500, so your 12 would be the same. Just need to support the engine and lower the K member to pull the pan. Doesn’t seem too bad.

https://mustangforums.com/forum/s197-shelby-section/647349-moroso-oil-pan-on-shelby-gt500.html

Wingrider

Established Member
Got a good deal on a MMR/Moroso aluminum pan somebody had laying around.

As far as bolting it up to your 2012 block it’s a direct fit, you would just need the longer 13/14 oil pan bolts (pan is deeper). Your guess is as good as mine on how to install it with the engine in. What you’re suggesting here makes sense to me assuming you don’t run into an issue we’re not thinking of.

Sorry to dig into this FS post, but if you swap the 11/12 pan for the 13/14 pan, don't you also need the new 13/14 dipstick?

Wingrider

Established Member
Yes you do. Also need the 13/14 oil pan bolts, they’re slightly longer.
Thank you for answering this. I have the car in the shop now and previously had ordered the pan, gasket/windage tray, bolts, and the dipstick tube, but somehow I forgot the dipstick. *facepalm*

Kicker is- the dipstick tube is the same piece. Go figure.

Users who are viewing this thread