FS: 10 second GT, cheap, needs pistons

justinschmidt1

Established Member
Alright so heres the deal, I got some bad gas in the car and it denoted and destroyed a piston or two. My loss is your gain. The motor needs to be fixed obviously and I want something else. Its impossible for me to say how bad the damage is but theres no holes in the block which leads me to believe the rods are fine and most likely the top of a piston or two broke off.

Im not trying to give away the car...I will keep it and fix it or part it out before I give it away so plesae refrain from offering me 1k lol.

There is a lot of good parts in the car so im basing the price roughly off what I expect I could sell a few big parts for

• Vortech SI kit, intercooled, 8 rib, with tial BOV should bring 2500 dollars no problem.
  • Powdercoated Edelbrock intake Manifold with sheet metal elbow, edelbrock rails, aeromotive fuel regulator, with braided lines and fittings...Could probably sell that whole setup for damn near 1000 bucks I would think.
  • Easily another 500-600 bucks for the fuel pump, 60 lb injectors, KB BAP, and HPX sensor in 3 inch tube.
  • I would think I could get 2500 bucks for the fully built trans as well.
  • 1k dollars worth of wheel/tire on the car.
  • Would suspect I could get rid of the springs/ tokico shocks/ cc plates, cobra a arms, and MM extreme duty rear LCAS for another 400 bucks or so?

Either way, Thats roughly 8k in market priced parts that I calculated there with a lot of other parts still left on the table, exhaust, brakes, stereo, lights, interior, entire shell of car. etc.

Im basing the price of the car off the fact that I believe I could part the entire car out and get 10k out of it, I just dont want to do that and would rather someone enjoy it as a whole.

With that said, lets start the price at 7k OBO.

I understand that this may be seen as high but someone out there that has the tools and ability to bring this motor back to life with some new rods and pistons relatively inexpensive and the price is OBO.

96 gt with a alum block 04 pi motor, roughly 40k miles on motor, 15x,000 on chassis
-fully built 4r70w auto, custom valvebody, with a custom built 3800 converter, hardened input shaft, stg 2 clutch packs, etc etc
-vortech v2 si trim, 3.15 pulley
-Procharger FMIC
-Tial 50mm BOV
-Edelbrock Victor Jr intake with 6061 sheet metal elbow, stainless steel braided lines, aeromotive regulator, intake powdercoated grey
-8 rib setup and FORD steel tensioner
-Full exhaust Mac l/t headers, o/r h, borla SS mufflers,
-3.73 rear end, rebuilt
-Eibach Sportline springs
-Tokico Blues all the way around
-Steeda C&C Plates
-Offset Rack Bushings
-99-04 PBR brake setup
-03/04 Cobra A-Arms with cobra ball joints
-Maximum Motorsports Extreme Duty Rear Lower Control Arms
-MM Sway Bar End Link Kit
-steeda c/c plates
-05+ hpx pmas sensor
-60 lb injectors
-255 lp/h walbro pump with KB BAP

custom tuned by Matt at performance evolution for 93 octane with SCT

Decklid is debadged and wingless, was welded in and re painted.
Prosport gauge mounted on steering column

Grey/black interior

Car weighs roughly 3100 lbs, ran the 1/4 in 11.30@ 121 mph with a 1.65 60 foot with the stock PI intake, made 385 rwhp in that setup.
With the new edelbrock victor jr intake the car made 440 rwhp, no track times yet but assuming high 10s.

5623146206_9aa042228d_z.jpg

5622534995_70bf7f5fe6_z.jpg

5623140342_8949ccd76c_z.jpg

6957928069_36f5d377d3_z.jpg

6910419809_c1279885fa_z.jpg

6737926055_811f8f102b_z.jpg

Any other questions feel free to email me at [email protected]

Last edited:

NewMach123

Established Member
Could I buy a shortblock from MMR and call it a day? or is there maybe other damage that will also need fixing?

NewMach123

Established Member
I don't know what's going on but at the top of the forums its telling me the forums have upgraded and the box is not allowing me to sign in where the usual box is. I was able to check your message on my ipod though.

I may be interested. I have been considering selling/trading my 04 Mach 1 but haven't been able to come to a decision. I was going to list it here but figured I would either wait for the right car to come along or for me to end up putting it up for sale. I was thinking about getting something more built as my Mach is stock with staggered wheels and window tint.

Do you have any more info to give on the car? Does it have all the luxuries: AC, Heat, Back Seats, ABS, Traction control, Power steering/brakes? What wheels would it come with?

Last edited:

justinschmidt1

Established Member
I don't know what's going on but at the top of the forums its telling me the forums have upgraded and the box is not allowing me to sign in where the usual box is. I was able to check your message on my ipod though.

I may be interested. I have been considering selling/trading my 04 Mach 1 but haven't been able to come to a decision. I was going to list it here but figured I would either wait for the right car to come along or for me to end up putting it up for sale. I was thinking about getting something more built as my Mach is stock with staggered wheels and window tint.

Do you have any more info to give on the car? Does it have all the luxuries: AC, Heat, Back Seats, ABS, Traction control, Power steering/brakes? What wheels would it come with?

Yea, its has ac...was actually recharged last summer, heat, back seats, power steering and power brakes...I dont think ford had traction control back in 96 lol

And I have the black wheels in the last picture on the car currently for street use and also have the billet specialties street lite wheels..shoot me an email at [email protected] and we will talk some more.

Last edited:

justinschmidt1

Established Member
I still have it. Motors out and i was most likely going to keep it and rebuild it......but if your interested let me know. Maybe we can work.something out.

M33P

Established Member
on a side note, i just so happen to come across your thread on supraforums. Typical supra e-thuggery.

Users who are viewing this thread