FS: 03 SB Vert w/ Ford Warranty

Dreddstang

Wing-Less Bastard!!
Established Member
PRICE DROP!! $19K gets it!!! FOund the car I want to replace it with, so come get this one! 19 is a good deal on this car..........

Yeah, I am going to try selling it once. I just need something a little more practicle, and don't feel like buying and tagging a beater. I have the bike so only need one car, and in the winter I can't drive this, sooooooo here goes:

The Ebay Listing:

Ford : Mustang Ford : Mustang | eBay

Up for sale now is my Sonic Blue 2003 SVT Cobra Convertible. I am going to need something a little more practical for winter/ every day driving so it's time to send this car off. I bought this car in March 2011 from a local Ford dealer, and paid for the 2 year/ 24K bumper to bumper Ford/ Easy Care warranty to be added to the car. It covers EVERYTHING that could go wrong with the car. The warranty is transferable, so whoever buys the car gets the remainder of the warranty. It stays good till April 2013 unless you exceed the miles. I think I have only put about 5K on the car this summer, so it's not even close.

Of 13,776 2003 Cobra's made, 5082 of them were convertibles and only 355 of those were Sonic Blue. This car is #1204 out of 13,776.

When I bought this car in March 2011 it was completely stock, even still wearing Ford mufflers. It did have the CDC Convertible Styling Bar on it, but mechanically there was nothing. Most of the listed modifications were done keeping that warranty in mind. Everything was done by Jason at Competition Speed & Sound in Maryland. If you know Cobra's on the East Coast, you know him, and he knows this car. It also had the satin wheels it originally came with, I put the chromes on it (with 17x10.5's in the rear). There have been no shortcuts or cheap parts added to this car. It stays in a garage, I just need something I am not going to be afraid to drive in rain or snow! All of the aftermarket parts have been added since April of this year, so everything is new.

Motor:
-BilletFlow 2.75 upper pully (I see about 14-15 psi out of it)
-Metco 90/ 100 mm idlers replace all stock ones
-Accufab TB & Plenum (Polished)
-Gates belt
-JLT Ram Air Intake (Silver)
-Diablosport MAFia
-LFP Heat Exchanger
-BBK Catted X Pipe
-Borla Stinger SS Cat-Back
-SCT Xcal-2 Tuner w/ John Lund Tune....also new fuel filter & plugs

Suspension
-Steeda Springs
-Maximum Motorsports C/C Plates
-Maximum Motorsports IRS Brace/ Bushings
-Maximum Motorsports Alum. Rack Bushings
-X-Drilled/ Slotted Rotors
-Hawk Brake pads
-AFS 17x9/ 17x10.5 Chrome wheels, 295/315 Vredestein tires (bought new in May '11, still in new condition)

Misc Stuff:
-Almost 2 years/ 24K miles of Ford Warranty that is transferable
-CDC Convertible Styling Bar (No Tail Light)
-Pro 5.0 shifter with CobraBob gasket set
-Hilton Boost Overlay (reads up to 16 psi on stock boost gauge, see pictures)
-WebElectric Sequential Tail lights (best kit out there! Not spliced together, they send you a complete harness that plugs in like stock...brake lights and turns are sequential)
-SS "COBRA" bumper inserts
-Cobra grill emblem
-New stock headlights...the original ones were not bad, but the lenses were a little cloudy, so I replaced them when I bought the car. I bought them through LRS (50Resto) so there is a 2 year warranty on each headlight.

Recent Maintenance
-Replaced Factory 6-disc changer with new Ford unit under warranty (the original cd player would not eject discs)
-replaced electric cooling fan assy. under warranty
-when I bought the car the A/C compressor was bad, the dealer replaced the whole system with new Ford parts under warranty

I do still have some of the stock parts. If you are interested in them let me know at the time of sale and I can include them if you like. I also had the dealer repaint the front bumper cover to take care of some rock chips and fill the license plate holes. It still looks great! The factory rear spoiler was removed, I used a new decklid so there would be no holes to worry about. Paint in the front and rear is blended in perfect, you cannot tell the car has been painted, just that there are no rock chips. There are a couple small scratches on the car, a couple small ones around the windshield and a couple light scratches on the driver's door around the keyhole. There is also a small crack in the cowl panel (black plastic panel where the windshield wipers are, very common). There are also a couple small marks in the leather on the driver's side of the sytling bar from where the stock seat belt holders hit up against it. I took the seat belt holders off the headrests so this is no longer a problem, and you can't see them until you are very close anyway. There is nothing you would notice on this car from more than 3-5 feet away though. It sits perfect, sounds fantastic, and gets noticed everywhere. The interior has no holes or burns, has not been smoked in, and the driver's seat is in great shape. The side bolsters are not worn on the drivers seat. There is a little bit of wear in the gray suede (alcantara) on the driver's seat, but no holes, stains, marks or otherwise. Carpet and "Cobra" floormats are in great/ perfect shape! Rear seats have probably never been sat in.

As i said before, the car was COMPLETELY stock when I bought it down to the air silencer and Ford mufflers, so I would not think it had ever been to a track before I bought it. I am currently the 2nd owner (not including the dealer, who only had it a few days before I bought it). I have not had it on a track at all, or on a dyno. Jason at Competition Speed & Sound loaded a nice safe John Lund tune into the car via my SCT Xcal2 tuner. For those of you that are going to ask about power, from this setup I have been told to expect in the neighborhood of 480rwhp, give or take.

The convertible top and all power accessories work perfect in this car. I do not have the top boot (that covers the top when it's down), it was not with the car when I bought it.

I can send more pictures and I have a couple video's of the car. Email me with any other questions you may have.

They did not make many Sonic Blue convertibles, and they don't come up for sale as often as you might think. If it does not sell I'll keep it and buy a beater, but in the mean time don't miss this opportunity to own one of the few Sonic Blue convertibles, and one that still has warranty on it! There is no reason this car would not pass inspection, and you should be able to drive it anywhere. I have used it mostly for road trips, and had it from my home in Maryland to Ashland, NC, Bristol, TN, and Binghamton, NY without any issues. It really does run, drive and ride great! The blower sounds fantastic mixed in with the Borla exhaust, and the car is just ridiculous fun to drive, even just to cruise on the highway with and listen to the pipes!

If you'd like to come see it you are more than welcome, it's in Bowie, MD. I will help arrange shipping or possibly meet you halfway with the car depending on how close you are and scheduling, but I will not pay for shipping. Other than the Ford warranty the car has, there is no other warranty on the car expressed by the seller. I may still drive the car around town during the auction, so listed mileage is approximate. Some of the included pictures are from when I first bought it and show it with the original wheels, and before the suspension work.

Pictures in a sec:

Last edited:

Dreddstang

Wing-Less Bastard!!
Established Member
100_2174.jpg

100_2175.jpg

100_2176.jpg

100_2177.jpg

100_2178.jpg

100_2179.jpg

11981.jpg

When it was stock:

9411.jpg

8441.jpg

9441.jpg

A video:

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpYPGyQlPEE&list=LLF0AsF_KUAAHco3dll5LTZQ&feature=mh_lolz"]03 Cobra Borla Stingers & Catted X....driveby - YouTube[/nomedia]

I am keeping the Nav unit that is currently in the car and going to put the new Ford changer back in.

It has a clean, free and clear title with no issues. I am looking for $21,750 out of it. It's not too negotiable at this point because I don't really NEED to get rid of it, and I think with the warranty it's a good deal at this price. If you want to put the stock wheels on and let me cash out and keep the warranty, then we'll deal.

Last edited:

Dreddstang

Wing-Less Bastard!!
Established Member
Thanks Greg...we'll see.

By the way, sitting in Jason's shop is a set of IRS bushings to finish the rear and a set of FL Subframes from MM that are new. If you wanted to pay me what I gave Jason for them they will go with the car.:thumbsup:

Dreddstang

Wing-Less Bastard!!
Established Member
Greg, he's got a good point, and I was already thinking it.......you could retire blue and get a new-blue track car!

Carlos, I can do that in about 5 minutes if you want.....I'll drive it over to your house this week and let you check it out......don't think you've seen it since it was stock.:thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread