- Cobra fuel tank with upgraded dual pumps (from an Aviator) and PPRV delete
- Stock 5spd Trans
- Short throw shifter
- 4.10 Gear w/ LSD - built by Walsh Motorsports
- Dyno Tuned by Walsh Motorsports (450WHP/416WTQ) on 93 Octane
- Ford Racing Suspension w/ 4-link rear
- Upgraded Front Cobra Brakes
- Dynomax Catless Manifold-back Exhaust
- FR500 Wheels, 275/40/17 in front, 315/35/17 in rear.

This car looks great, sounds great, drives great and boogies when you need it. It's probably good for mid 11s. This car strikes the right balance between performance and just an easy to drive cruiser muscle car. With the stock motor and it's higher compression on the Mach (10:1), you can run it around town at a lower RPM and it doesn't get upset or feel slugish. I averaged about 17MPG in the city and 26MPG on the highway.

The exhaust note on this car is super nice, I always decelerate in gear aiming for the 3000 to 2000 RPM mark to let the exhaust burble and crackle. The shift feel is short and notchy. There's no ambiguity as to which gear you're in. At wide open throttle it's pretty loud and between shifts the blow off valve adds to party. You'll have a s**t-eating grin after pulling two gears... and probably breaking the speed limit. Between the 4-link live axle in the rear and Mickey Thompson Drag Radials, it hooks up and goes from a dig.

The paint is in good shape, there are some rock chips on the front bumper, the stuff that comes from normal use. It's been garage kept and stored away in the winter time. No rust. I've made a number of clay bar and wax passes in my ownership. The front end is significantly lower the factory and gives it a old-school racked muscle car look. Except the windshield, all windows are tinted at 5%.

There a few quirks that are minor. When starting the car it's been to move the key to the on position, wait 2 seconds, turn back off/on immediately, wait 2 seconds and start. Following this sequence builds up fuel pressure and makes for an easier start. With the PPRV deleted, it's a little harder for maintain fuel pressure on engine start. The PPRV is a common modification to eliminate hesitation during hard driving on boosted mustangs of this era.

The second, is that the ABS light is on. I believe when Walsh built the rear end, one of the ABS sensors was nicked when removing the axles, something to look at. Lastly, the belt makes some noise on cold start. After about 10-15 minutes when things warm up, it goes away completely.

I really have a hard time letting go of this car, however, I've moved to California for work and the emissions laws there mean I have to effectively return the car back to stock. I just don't have the heart to do that. Alas, some other muscle car enthusiast can enjoy it.

Car is located in the suburbs of Detroit.

Asking $13,000 >> !!!SOLD!!

No trades. No tire kickers. Cash preferred.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread