FS: 02 Silver - 38k miles - Built Engine - $17,700

wydopnthrtl

Established Member
Sale-A.JPG

Sale-B.JPG

Sale-C.JPG

Sale-D.JPG

Here is a link to a lot more pics that I took just yesterday:
Picasa Web Albums - 11017845041310271... - 2002 Lightnin...

Silver 2002 Ford Gen 2 Lightning
$17,700
Vin# 2FTZF07312CA50603 Build Number 2030 of 4726 (only 1018 were silver)
38,2xx miles, Original owner, Non-Smoker, Never damaged in any way
Stored in heated garage and under a SVT Lightning specific car cover nearly every day of its life.

This truck has been my baby since I bought it new in July 2002. Never driven in snow and has seen rain only a few times. As a testament to how clean it’s kept.. It’s been washed 3 times in the last 4 years. Once after the engine install, once after a trip to Texas, and once after a trip out here to SE Idaho (where the truck is now located). It’s been 5yrs since I waxed it! The pictures don’t lie.. I keep it CLEAN. Interior still smells new!

I owe nothing on the truck and have a clean Michigan title in hand. I don’t “have to sell” but would like to see it go this summer so I can focus on buying a home for the family.

The only partial trade I’d consider is for a late model big bore / efi utility type of Quad. I'd prefer a Yamaha Grizzly 700 EFI or a Kawasaki Brute force 750 EFI... or maybe a can-am. I won’t consider any other type of trading so please don’t ask.

My asking price is very reasonable so don’t expect for the price to come down much. I have an outstanding offer that’s not much lower my asking price. If it’s not sold by fall I’ll sell it to my friend back in the south who’s made me the offer.
If the buyer pays my full asking price.. I’ve got some other goodies that I’ll give you. The SVT car cover for example... Call or e-mail to discuss ;-)

Modifications, Options, and what is included in the price shown above.
Built engine - Approx 575hp at crank pushing 16psi (built for 800hp w/the best parts, service, and balancing, available) That’s through iron manifolds and 4 stock catalatic convertors!
Note: I had no problems with the stock engine. I simply wanted to build it for more power before anything did go wrong. The block, heads, and crank are all original to the truck.
I took many pictures of the build and can provide them to any serious buyers. I have most if not all receipts of parts and services too.

I built the engine with guidance of Livernois motorsports in Dearborn Michigan. The heads are good for 7200 rpms with this cam/spring combo. The bottom end is good for 7500rpms so there is plenty of head room for adding headers, a bigger blower, or turbo/s and what ever shift point would suit your needs.
Engine has about 7k miles on it since the build and was assembled & static balanced perfectly (0.0g delta) by me. Per their instructions I built it a little loose to support 800HP at the crank. (20% more main/rod bearing clearance, 0.0043" piston clearance, & .022" ring gaps)

Heads were CNC ported and rebuilt by Fox Lake. They have oversized SS valves, hardened exhaust seats (for big boost and/or nitrous), new guides, new stem seals, permanent steel thread spark plug inserts, comp 278 cams with matched journals, adjustable gears, & Manley 115lb springs.
Engine block was prepared by Livernois motorsports. Cylinders were punched approx 0.020 oversize (custom sized for each piston to a tolerance of 0.0001") & align honed with TQ plates installed.
Crank oil holes were chamfered & rounded. It was straightened & machined by Eagle, and then rotationally balanced by Livernois with bob-weights that match my static balancing of the rods/pistons/pins.
Rod are Forged H-Beam and balanced to 0.0g of each other. All polishing is in line of stress to prevent crack propagation. I also did a computer FEA to determine which areas saw the most stress. (Pictures available to serious buyers)
Pistons are Forged, moly coated on sides, ceramic coated on top, have additional oil ring holes, & balanced to 0.0g of each other. Again all polishing is in line of stress to prevent crack propagation.
Wrist pins are made of upgraded tool steel and are 15g lighter than stock.
Cylinder to piston clearance is 0.0043 +/- 0.0001" on each bore. Rod and crank bearings are 20% looser than stock
Oiling is done by a larger capacity Cobra pump and pickup tube. Oil pickup to pan clearance is 10-12mm (set by me) Oil pressure holds 75psi when driving and 30psi at idle (hot engine)
All new Ford seals installed and Ford 4 layer metal head gaskets used.
ARP Studs were used throughout. Also used ARP bolts on cam gears and flywheel.
Head studs were soft torqued and allowed the studs/block stress to settle for 24hrs. They were then hard torqued and retorqued for the following 3 days. (Block and studs settle/relax over time)
Engine was broke in using regular 10w-30 valvoline and has been switched to Full Synthetic 10w-30 after rings were set. Engine uses approx 1qt every 1400 miles. (built a little loose to support 800hp)

Fuel Injectors: Denso 60lb

Coil on plug: Granetteli w/solid core wire
Plugs: New Denso IT20 gapped at 0.034"

Water pump: Shroud welded onto impeller, OD cut down, and housing lightened.

Lower intake manifold was custom ported by me to match the CNC ported heads from Fox Lake.

Blower was ported by Steigemier (stage 2) Rotors still have factory coatings and show no scuffing.

Upper intake and Throttle body were port matched by me.

Intake tube is a composite REM elbow and a 12" K&N conical with a outerwears prefilter.

Lower blower pulley is and has always been a JDM caged unit. 6LB pulley is on truck now (blue) and will come with an additional 4lb pulley. I’ll also provide a special tool I made for easing hub removal from the crank damper.

Oil separator: REM unit since 2002 (works well and needs to be drained ever 600 miles)

Original Transmission with a Suncoast performance 2500 stall convertor (billet front cover), Factory Tech Valve body, & Drain plug. Fluid has been changed at least 5 times and has never had a problem.

Exhaust: Port matched iron manifolds, stock cats, Bassani SS after cat w/polished tips. (No drone in the cab and will meet emissions testing)

Wheels / Tires: Forged Boyd Coddington Nova 18x9.5 / Nitto 404 all season tires have about 10k miles on them. Plenty of tread remaining. (See the pictures)
I don’t have the original wheels. Sold them to help pay for the boyds

Suspension: Ford Racing Performance Parts lowering kit. 1" front progressive rate springs, and shackles for the rear. LFP 58" long tube traction bars.
SCT X-Caliber 2 with free tuning by me

Tuning: Comes with a X-Calibrator 2 and 3 tunes.
I tune the engine/transmission myself using SCT Pro Racer and with guidance from Don Lastoa of Lasota racing. I’ve tuned other cars prior to this one and have a fair amount of experience with engine and transmission tuning. Just two weeks ago I remapped the MAF transfer function and it runs better than it ever has. A/F runs exactly what I command and I can easily push it into the 9s with the current induction / fuel combo. I’ve spent a fair amount of time writing a towing tune, a 93 octane tune, and a 100 octane tune. What ever changes you might want.. I can most likely update your tune for free!

Quickest ET ever was 11.70@115 with the stock engine running a 100shot of nitrous. Since I put the new engine in it’s not seen any nitrous use. Just 16psi of boost from the CNC ported eaton 112 blower.
In April of 2010 I was able to make one pass at Milan Dragstrip. It ran a 12.46@112mph with a hot engine right after a 1hr drive to the track. (full weight on all season street radials) With some weight removed (spare, hitch, jack, and front sway bar) and slicks mounted it will run a 11.8-ish 1/4 mile on 93 octane pump gas. Uncork the exhaust (add headers) and it’ll be in the mid 11s all day long.

Wideband 02: Innovative LM-1 wideband w/approx 25hrs use. (Just hooked up several weeks ago when tuning the engine)

Cooling is done with dual fans that flow 5,500cu ft per minute. Fans have a controller w/in cab switch.

Intercooling fans have been added are also operated by an in-cab switch. (It also runs the I.C. pump at the same time to help cool the engine)

Interior is stock except for: 4 guages. Boost guage is a Hilton overlay (16psi) and was properly calibrated with an autometer boost guage. (It’s dead accurate) Innovative wideband LM-1, autometer fuel pressure, and oil pressure. The stock speakers were replaced and a amp added.
Side windows are tinted 20% (Will remove if the buyer wants)

Documents: Window sticker, all receipts, all pictures I have, and the SVT Vehicle certification showing the build number.

Service since Sept 2009: Cruise control recall, front end alignment, new Spark Plugs, New Battery, New 02 sensors, tires balanced, Oil & filter, Brake fluid changed, coolant (both), rear end fluid, Power Steering fluid, re-mapped Mass Air Flow Transfer Function, adjusted timing, Adjusted fuel, adjusted tranny shift points, & a new blower belt.

Other stuff... I’ll be straight up. I’ve pampered this thing way beyond what a guy should. I’m quite sure there are many other small things I’ve done that I can’t even recall as I write this.

e-mail: wydopnthrtl at yahoo.com
Ph: 810 923 3991 MST (Leave a msg and I’ll return the call asap)
I check this e-mail all the time and will respond to serious inquiries promptly.

If a guy wanted to fly in and drive home, I’d suggest Idaho Falls or Pocatello I’d be glad to pick you up anytime except for a Wed Evening or Sunday Morning (Church)

Regards,
Rich B
located in SE Idaho

Users who are viewing this thread