Frustrated!!

03blklightning

INTERCEPTOR
Established Member
Just a rant and maybe some one could help if they had this problem.

I have a viper alarm with auto start on my truck. I got the alarm about 3 months after I bought it. So it has been on the truck for about 3 years. The alarm has worked awesome, no problems at all...................until I got home from work yesterday.

I got home, got out of the truck, and set the alarm. As I am walking away the truck honks four time and the alarm goes off. I turn it off and reset the alarm and a few seconds later the alarm goes off again. I think the door ajar sensor is malfunctioning but the dome light shuts off like normal and dosen't come back on.

So I have deduced that the one of the alarm sensors is being triggered. I unarmed the alarm and now I am using the stock keyless remote.

Like I said more of a rant, but if someone could help I would greatly appreciate it.

04SB_SVT

Richard Cranium
Established Member
Do you still have the instructions for it? Since it is honking four times, that could be a diagnostic code.

03blklightning

INTERCEPTOR
Established Member
I am going to take it back to best buy and get it fixed. I have a life time warranty on it. I just don't like other people working on my truck.

Users who are viewing this thread