Frustrated

unclesams_svt

B.O.H.I.C.A
Established Member
Well I went and finally got my truck tuned a couple of weekes ago, but I guess the tuner had a bad day because with all of my mods I didn't even break 400 hp or 500 tq :cuss: SO needless to say I'm frusrated. The best thing is, the truck ran like sh-t on the way home (a 4hr drive) so I had to unload my new tune and load a canned pred tune to get home.

SO my new question is who do ya'll recommend for a tuner in the south? I have a Diablo tuner, and a AEM wide band to help me get this thing dailed in. It has been about 7 months since I have been able to go WOT and I'm going thru withdraws :cryying:

I would prefer a mail order tune cuz I'm tired of driving to get my tunes. I have heard great thing about RWTD but I would just like to get some opinions. :read:

TIA

Ryan

HalfTime

Race it how you drive it.
Established Member
Amazon!!! Thier a vendor here, contact them through thier forum section, or by e-mail. They will hook you up, Rick is the Man!

KONA BLUES

HORSEPOWER JUNKIE
Established Member
unclesams_svt said:
I would prefer a mail order tune cuz I'm tired of driving to get my tunes.
Ryan
Ryan you will have to let me know who you finally decide to go with.

You know I was thinking.. :idea: .. how nice it would be if Polk tuned Lightnings (not just the Turbo guys :poke: )....he is just a hop, skip and a jump from my house. We need to talk to him about that.

I totally agree with you on the driving bit, there are no local tuners in Arkansas :cryying: , and it sucks to have to drive 6..8..10 hours to get a tune and have something like your situation occur :mj: :cuss: .

Later brother,

Dorf

Last edited:

FordFanStan

Established Member
Not in Ar, but you can always order a mail order tune form Dale-01L and Ryan Allen. Dale has been tuning his own beast since the beginning and he has hit the 10.380 mark. They know what there doing and its obvious... Stan

NIT2WN

torque junky
Established Member
CHIZ said:
i'm using RWTD, we're going down to meet him next week!
He tuned mine and he's pretty sharp on Lightnings. James is a cool guy. He does get buried sometimes, but if you want a good safe tune he's worth getting in line for. He can tune for a diablo or sct tuner.

AZ ERIK

22's & a Whipple 4 shizzl
Established Member
I believe we're running nearly the same mods. On my mail order 'safe tune' I put down a whole 330hp /410tq on a Mustang Dyno (load bearing, and weather corrected) in 83 degree heat. After I was leaned out knowing what my A?f was the truck is 3 times snappier. I'm waiting for the same conditions to hit up the dyno again to see, as only the tune has changed. I was pretty disappointed with my numbers, but then did the Dynojet conversion and ended up at 396/490 for the 'calculated numbers.' Ryan had tuned mine but I'm not sure what's going on now.

brucewrs

UDLOSE
Established Member
I think RWTD is the best tuner out there but sometimes it is hard to get a tune. He is always swamped...

Users who are viewing this thread