Fruit Flies in a 'fridge

dfw99cobra

Established Member
I have a buddy selling his refridgerator (sp?) for 250.00 that used to have fruit flies. It hasn't been used in over a year and has been cleaned out as best as he could. I was just wondering if it would be safe to use again or how I could further make sure it is thoroughly cleaned as I am considering purchasing it.

WhiteStallionGT

Rotting fruit is their food source. So once it's gone, you should be straight. I've dealt with them plenty of times and once they are deprived of food, they go away.

99electricgreen

Established Member
just give it a once over with some hot water and bleach or any other kitchen cleaner 401 etc and you're good to go!

Hmbre97

Eaton powered
Established Member
Are you sure they were fruit flies? We had a problem with flies that looked exactly like fruit flies but weren't. Can't remember the name now but they thrived in dark, moist places. Our issue was them breeding inside the plumbing for our jacuzzi tub. They were a bitch to get rid of too. Bleach took care of them though.

dfw99cobra

Established Member
I cleaned it out and it has been over a year since there was food in it. That said you believe it will be good to go?

SnkBtn99

Speeding bullet!!
Established Member
Be careful. Everyone knows that fruit flies teleport from another dimension.

They could be there and you wouldn't even know it.

2003 Silver

Banned
Kinda of off-topic. I'm always amazed when eating a piece of fruit indoors it only takes a few seconds for those little suckers to show up.

Users who are viewing this thread