frt and rear coilovers for drag racing

pacific4v

Established Member
Anyone running front or rear coilovers with strange shocks/struts? I'm looking for a coil over set up geared towards straight line traction, not auto-x or road racing. I've searched and have mostly only seen upr kits and it seems like they're getting mixed reviews. Most ppl are complaining that they're car sits too high in the rear with the upr kit with them on the lowest setting. I also read that some people were concerned with mounting the rear coil over with the factory rear shock mounts. I haven't heard too much bad about the front upr kit tho. I don't want to spend a fortune on coil overs so if the price out weighs the benefit for me I'll just stick with traditional springs and strange shocks/struts. I want them to dial in the ride height how I want and be able to adjust spring rates/length and shock settings to help with traction and ride quality too. Any suggestions/advice?

2DXTRM

Pushrod 5.0
Established Member
You can do front coilovers and keep a stock location spring in the rear. A V6 or 4 cylinder rear spring. That way you can run an airbag in the right rear spring if you wanted to.

Users who are viewing this thread